• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Demigods?

• Yes, but only lords
    • Yes, both lords and others
    • No
    • Don't care

Tom Bombadil comparison is apt. Even after Awakening. Shes just more ubiquitous in that game. Shes more or less an avatar for the RNG. How the Annas tend to show up at random on the maps, and in the Outrealms, and just everywhere..."Those are my sisters." Yeah im not buying it. Those Annas are all the same Anna. :Y

Then how you can have playable Anna fight Boss Anna in Apotheosis?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is the RNG. The RNG is god in the FE verse and loves lying to you.

What has that to do with the question that I asked? I asked how can Anna fight Boss Anna, if they are the same, which has nothing to do with the RNG.

Then how you can have playable Anna fight Boss Anna in Apotheosis?

The other one's a stunt double, it's obvious.

I much prefer political stories over gods and the like, I like some realism in my fantasy apparently.

The other one's a stunt double, it's obvious.

I much prefer political stories over gods and the like, I like some realism in my fantasy apparently.

Ain't no reasons gods can't involve themselves in politics.

It seems like a good idea.

One thing you could be able to do would be, oh I dunno, have a promoted unit (probably a cleric) able to beseech a god with a certain staff or etc. Said god would be summoned and do something based upon the staff you used. However, the god could fry your unit, taking away 50 percent of its current HP if they didn't have enough of a stat(s) they favored.

It could work, but that's just an idea.

You can still have that with divine beings and having things like lords and nobles jockying for the gods approval.

My main problem with the gods becoming more forefront (note: Not intangible or distant, just forefront) is that I tend to see them on an entirely different tier of existence and, therefore, untouchable by a 'mere mortal'. In other words, by my rules, Ike's battle against Ashera should have gone something like this...

Ike: Asheruna! I am here to free all the people from your curse!

Asheruna: Oh? *flicks finger*

Ike: OH DEAR GOD WHY DID YOU TURN MY BLOOD INTO BOILING ACID?!?! ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!

Or...

Ike: Asheruna! I am here to free all the people from your curse, AND THIS TIME I BROUGHT AN ANTI-ACID SHIELD!

Asheruna: Oh?

Ike: HA! *attacks and misses*

Little gnome standing where Asheruna once was: Hello Ike. I was instructed to carry a message to you. The goddess has decided to teleport to the opposite end of the world instead of bothering to fight a person wielding the only weapons that could, somehow, harm her. I was left here to deliver this message as well as a mocking jig. *starts dancing* Have fun chasing me down!

Ike: Mrglegrrr....

FYI my power-tier kinda goes like this.

Absolute tier: Divine/Light/Dark Gods

Godly Tier: Devil/Satan/whatever

Gods with power over a specific elemental domain

Gods with power over a specific non-elemental domain

High spirits responsible for maintaining the functions of the world

Spirits: Great spirits with immense power to shape the world

Angels

Humans blessed by the gods themselves

Demigods

Demons

Normal spirits

Fey/lesser spirits

Mortals: Archmages/bishops.

Combat-trained kings/queens.

Generals.

Special animals.

Mages/clerics

Normal soldiers/mercenaries/trained fighters

Bandits

Normal people

Undead

Politicians

Non-special animals

Most other things.

Lawyers.

Beings in the same tier can beat each other (though fighting higher-ups is, obviously, harder) but are near-hopeless against beings of a higher tier. Additionally exceptions and variations exist depending on situations and the like (A normal person could probably beat an imp despite the latter being a demon for example).

Lol 10/10 would read again.

I'd love to see Ike chasing a little imp all over everywhere, would be hilarious. But yeah, if Ashera is a goddess, she can and probably will just snap her fingers and turn Ike into a cockroach and then smoosh him. Or turn his blood into boiling acid.... *shudders* If I had to choose, I'd take the roach.

Anyway that's probably why Yune was there...

• 3 weeks later...

religion building could be interesting, as long as it isn't the integral part of the narrative a.k.a. the entire narrative lies on lore rather than actual characterization or development

no useable demigods since it breaks the balance from a gameplay perspective.

That depends on what kind of abilities a demigod would get wouldn't it? Some might just be basically mortals except they're 'destined' to do great things or have a special mark or have an ability that only gets used under certain plot specific circumstances.

Overall Fe does a lot with gods already,but I think they could be a bit clearer.

I mean most gods are actually extremely powerful manaketes,but the exact circumstances about them being gods is rather vague(and there is the fact that we have 3 extremely powerful evil dragons with medeus,Loptyr and Grima,I'd like to know whats the deal with them).

Actually I would just like to know more about manaketes in general...

Aside from them the only gods are Ashunera(and her split forms),Duma and Mila,I'd be all for getting more information about the FE-gods(for example was ashunera only responsible for the life of tellius?Or was she really the creator of ALL life in the FE-series?etc.)