• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's most certainly unexpected. I can only imagine Ike's presence in SSB had something to do with it, or maybe they have some other plan...the only problem being that the only reason anyone even knows of this is through eBay retailers. Like, what?

In any case, I'd be totally happy to pick up another copy, but not sure if I want to pay $80 for it.

I wonder if Gamestop is selling these as used because they still have RD in the Gamestops in my town. I guess this is good, but it sure seems fishy that it is only on Ebay and going for $80.00 when the used price at Gamestop is $60.00. Still it is interesting, I wonder what they have planned for FE this year?

I'm tempted to buy a copy because these reprints should be free of that data transfer glitch too. :P I mean, I'd love to power Ike and his squad up with my PoR easy mode data! lol

But yeah, I wonder if this is foreshadowing some cool stuff for FE and it's 25th coupled with Tellius's 10th. I wouldn't complain. ^^

Idk if mine has that glitch. I did data transfer but it was normal mode. Well, I did have to get a second copy because all of a sudden the wii decided it couldnt read the disk. It was really weird. There was barely a scratch on it.

Who plays easy mode anyway

Edited by Dragoncat

Well, that's most certainly unexpected. I can only imagine Ike's presence in SSB had something to do with it, or maybe they have some other plan...the only problem being that the only reason anyone even knows of this is through eBay retailers. Like, what?

My guess is it's that , but also that FE Awakening has done a really good job in breaking out the series to western audience.

In any case, I'd be totally happy to pick up another copy, but not sure if I want to pay $80 for it.

I'm tempted to buy a copy because these reprints should be free of that data transfer glitch too. :P I mean, I'd love to power Ike and his squad up with my PoR easy mode data! lol

But yeah, I wonder if this is foreshadowing some cool stuff for FE and it's 25th coupled with Tellius's 10th. I wouldn't complain. ^^

This is my biggest hope. I still have my FE10 copy in mint condition along with FE9 so a reprint dosen't really appeal to me. HOWEVER, if this is foreshadowing an HD/enhanced remake of some sort or even a new Tellius game I'll be all over it.

I bought a copy and sent a message to the seller to make sure the copy he ships mentions 2014, though it should be if he has a bulk of new copies.

Then I'll read the inner disc code to see what version it is and rip it using CleanRip and put it somewhere.

I realized I haven't even tested the v1.01 disc to see if its the one that fixed the save glitch.

Edited by Jacien

This is my biggest hope. I still have my FE10 copy in mint condition along with FE9 so a reprint dosen't really appeal to me. HOWEVER, if this is foreshadowing an HD/enhanced remake of some sort or even a new Tellius game I'll be all over it.

I know, right? Especially if the remake/new game had RD's gameplay mechanics, but PoR's support system and some additional endings for characters. I can even live with stuff like non-romantic endings for pairs such as Ike and Elincia or Ranulf and one of the cat twins. I just felt that RD, for such a big game, lacked a variety of endings. It hurt the replay value, imo. And FE is a game I want to keep coming back to over and over. So far, only PoR has been able to make me do that, and RD to a lesser extent. Awakening WOULD have, but I got bored with the story and some other things.

Edited by Anacybele

This is my biggest hope. I still have my FE10 copy in mint condition along with FE9 so a reprint doesn't really appeal to me. HOWEVER, if this is foreshadowing an HD/enhanced remake of some sort or even a new Tellius game I'll be all over it.

I honestly feel this foreshadows the opposite... but at the same time, I guess a reprint would catch some people's (by that I mean the fans who got in with Awakening) attention...

Hmm. Do we have any previous examples of a rare game getting a reprint then (or not) getting a remaster? I'm not sure what way to think.

Aren't most retro virtual console games and collectors editions like Sega Generations for xbox "reprints"?

No because reprints usually fall into the line of, make new prints of the same exact copy of the same product from when it was released with little to no updates. Collections are more like ports and remastered to refit for that specific condition of the product.

I know, right? Especially if the remake/new game had RD's gameplay mechanics, but PoR's support system and some additional endings for characters. I can even live with stuff like non-romantic endings for pairs such as Ike and Elincia or Ranulf and one of the cat twins. I just felt that RD, for such a big game, lacked a variety of endings. It hurt the replay value, imo. And FE is a game I want to keep coming back to over and over. So far, only PoR has been able to make me do that, and RD to a lesser extent. Awakening WOULD have, but I got bored with the story and some other things.

Awakening is the FE game I've played the most and i always want to keep playing it over and over. For me in that game all the different pairings, difficulties, and class potentials make it worth it to me. The DLC is nice too. But RD remains my favorite.

Awakening is the FE game I've played the most and i always want to keep playing it over and over. For me in that game all the different pairings, difficulties, and class potentials make it worth it to me. The DLC is nice too. But RD remains my favorite.

Yeah, I wanted to replay the game for those reasons too, but I dislike the story and main characters so much (sans the Avatar) that I can't be bothered. So RD and PoR remain my favorite FE games and favorite games of all time.

This is odd, I have no idea why they'd do this other then the fact Ike is in smash 4 and they figured they could try to sell more copies because of Awakenings success as well.

Is anyone else thinking of buying it? I've bought mine, used, but I still loved it. The problem is, certain parts are scratched and the game hangs (if you stay too long in the intro or if I use Lance Cavalier/Paladins, for example).

Is anyone else thinking of buying it? I've bought mine, used, but I still loved it. The problem is, certain parts are scratched and the game hangs (if you stay too long in the intro or if I use Lance Cavalier/Paladins, for example).

If I was in you're boat I'd probably get one. Better condition, reliable playability, and cheaper than you'll find in most places. Sides you don't know when you'll be able to find it again like this.

Um....

Um....

LOLWUT?!?

My Wii broke a while ago, so I don't really care if mine has the glitch... (it probably does, but I played FE9 long after FE10 and on Normal anyway). But really... HUH?!

It's a really weird choice.... I mean, more publicity for my first FE, but.... giving it to ebay retailors and not the likes of Gamestop, etc. is on the odd side. And doing this in the first place... It's not like FE10 is known for flying off the shelves.

In response to the Ike in SSB4 stuff, unless the boxart changed, I doubt that's the reason.

While it's nice to finally get a physical copy of Radiant Dawn there are a couple of things missing from these reprints.

There is no Radiant Dawn instruction manual and no club nintendo slip.

So all you're left with is a white paper slip that tells you how to access the digital manual and the copy of the disk itself. The case is also one of those cases with the recycled signs so if you're going to expect to have the complete package with the original manual, you might be disappointed with that.

You know what? To hell with that! Not going to buy the same game twice, paying twice as much when they could at least bother with those tiny details...

Thanks for the heads up, and I hope you get much more pleasure out of it.