108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there will be DLC?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should there be DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  3. 3. Should the DLC be similar to Awakening? (Getting lord characters, convos, grinding, etc.) Or something completely different?

• A fresh take on DLC
    • Like they did in Awakening
    • A little of both
    • None of the above
  4. 4. What about DLC Lord artworks? Will they recycle them? New ones?

• Recycled
    • Brand New Artworks!
    • New artworks for the untreated characters (Eliwood, Hector, Sigurd, Awakening chars?)
    • You ask too many questions Knight
    • No new artworks :(

Do you think there will be DLC, spotpass teams and the like? Do you think it might be in the same vein as Awakening or will they take a different approach?

Oh there will definitely be DLC. It makes a crapload of money and the fans eat it up, lol.

I hope they do both SpotPass and paid DLC, personally. I felt like the SpotPass content was pretty good, but hopefully this time if they add chapters they're a little more creative than just recruiting dead characters. For paid DLC, I liked the second wave much better so hopefully it's more like that, although some classic maps would be fine. I do want to see new art for past characters especially Sigurd, Eliwood, and Hector! I expect Chrom, Lucina, and Robin will as well. Maybe a few non-lord major characters like Caeda, Arvis, Nils and Ninian, etc.

Considering the profit FE13's DLC made, they're definitely going to have DLC again.

Non-lord characters would be great, as long as they are past characters. Honestly, I liked the approach taken with DLC in Awakening because it wasn't like buying the "true" ending to the game or buying characters that might have well just originally been in the game.

Oh there will definitely be DLC. It makes a crapload of money and the fans eat it up, lol.

This is a perfect answer.

About the DLC's content, of course there are going to be maps for grinding, making money and finding legendary weapons. About the others, though, in Awakening there were a lot of elements referring older FE, and in FEif they might(I hope they do) reduce those citations to make more original maps. I'd like to see more maps like Apotheosis, that would be fun.

If DLC's coming back, I hope it will not be as repetitive as Awakening's DLC. Literally the same general story over and over again is very boring in my book. I want something entirely new that is nowhere near close to just speechless "Einherjars" with no impact on the story and repetitive run-in "demolish the rebellious forces" errands. Something like the later waves of non-character DLC but with more intriguing objectives.

I'll wait on purchasing any of the DLC for this game (if it does have some, that is). I don't want to waste another ~$40 on something I find as boring and repetitive of a let-down as Awakening's DLC.

If DLC's coming back, I hope it will not be as repetitive as Awakening's DLC. Literally the same general story over and over again is very boring in my book. I want something entirely new that is nowhere near close to just speechless "Einherjars" with no impact on the story and repetitive run-in "demolish the rebellious forces" errands. Something like the later waves of non-character DLC but with more intriguing objectives.

If you're trying to play the Spirit Talisman maps for the plot after GG and EXP openly told you that those maps had excuse plots, you're wasting your time. They're not about story, they're about massive battles.

Scrambles (the convos) and FP are for story. Not ST.

Anyway, I feel that Awakening's DLC was about as well done as it could have been. As long as they stick to to formula of buy it once, keep it forever and all of it made after the game's release, pretty much anything they do will work out well, but if they just feel like repeating what's already there (in style, obviously there's be different maps and text) I'll buy it all and probably still love it. Even a direct copy/paste of Apo would go over well with me.

I actually really enjoyed the DLC for Awakening. I was incredibly skeptical at first (and I'm rarely a fan of any kind of DLC), but I was very impressed and ended up buying most of it. The story/conversation chapters were the best (Future Past = <3 <3 <3), and I loved the introduction of new skills and classes, as well as having a large variety of enemy difficulty levels so you could play various DLC at different times throughout your playthrough.

Honestly, the thing I thought was the worst about the DLC was the legacy characters. While seeing the interactions between Chrom and Old Hubba was amusing (at least the first time), the actual plotline for the Einherjars was complete rubbish*, and the idea of bringing so many characters from old games was complete bullshit fanservice and really rather immersion breaking for me. I never actually used any of the DLC available characters, and primarily purchased/played those levels that came with something aside from those old characters, such as the skill- and class-granting maps.

I'd like to believe that the inclusion of all those old characters was mostly done as an homage to the old games in fear that Awakening would be the last. If that's the case, than I think we might be able to put that mechanic to rest.

That said, if they do do something similar again, than I hope we do get new artwork for those characters because really the new artwork was the best part.

(* - Not to imply that a lot of the non-Einherjar maps had good plots or anything; stuff like Golden Gaffe had completely shit plots as well. The difference is mostly the context; gold and EXP DLC is pretty much a standard sort of concept and FE:A at least had a sort of tongue-in-cheek fun with it (especially with all the character lines and stuff), but the Einherjar levels were a lot more forced and the plot less amusing and even more ridiculous, and the entire concept of gaining fighters in such a way... just, bluh)

If you're trying to play the Spirit Talisman maps for the plot after GG and EXP openly told you that those maps had excuse plots, you're wasting your time. They're not about story, they're about massive battles.

"Oh noes, I've been robbed! Help me get my stuff back! Oh, and keep my stuff while you're at it."

Considering that any normal player would reap money/EXP from these chapters for hours on end, wouldn't that come off as repetitive for the player at some point? It's literally the same general plot over and over again with vaguely similar scripts.

I'd like to see something similar to Future Past again, although without the time traveling nonsense and less one-turn kill finales (yes, you can still OTK Grima here, as if he wasn't already anti-climatic as is).

I would like to see more Future Past-like DLC, as well as things that expand the story. I personally didn't enjoy Awakening's DLC that much, except for those that rewards OP skills or infinite EXP and money. Another extra-challenge like Apotheosis is nice too.

Edited by Ryo

I'd like to see large dlcs.

Like a 10 euros ones or even more expensive but with a new campaign inside, maybe a short one, with new characters and stories around.

ofcourse postgame content s, and not cut from the original game .

"Oh noes, I've been robbed! Help me get my stuff back! Oh, and keep my stuff while you're at it."

Considering that any normal player would reap money/EXP from these chapters for hours on end, wouldn't that come off as repetitive for the player at some point? It's literally the same general plot over and over again with vaguely similar scripts.

Dude, have you ever heard of skipping cutscenes with Start? You're not supposed to read that stuff 10,000 times.

I wouldn't be surprised if DLC came back either considering how much money it made on Awakening.

But I don't want some of those DLC artworks used again, they were crappy. *cough* Ike, Seliph, Micaiah *cough*

Plus, I want to be able to use my Ike Amiibo to put him in the game this time, not DLC. That way I can get good ol' tall and muscley RD Ike instead of the scrawny shortstuff that's DLC Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

I have a feeling if we do get spotpass it won't be the same as last time, at least in terms of giving us every character always everywhere.

I really hated the the way the DLC was done in Awakening. It ended up costing like 56 bucks for all the DLC if you bought on the bundles, you wouldn't have been able to keep all your characters, and the DLC character models weren't exactly anything to write home about.

If they are going to do DLC I want to see the quality of the character increase, I want every dlc to be priced like one chapter was but have the amount of content that was in the bundle and characters unlocked. I think that's a much more fair price. Nintendo has learned how to do DLC better with Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8. Mario Kart 8 added 16 more stages to their 32 stages. Adding what was a whole half of the game to the game for only 13 dollars. The games a 60 dollar games so that wasn't even a 4th of the price. Hyrule Warriors added 3 challenge maps to their one, 3 new modes, a villain story, 3 new characters, and three other new playstyles for 20 dollars. The game had 9 characters before so just looking at it like that for a 3rd of the price you got a third more characters added.

I think the DLC model for Fire Emblem should be totally revamped, maybe just an expansion pack that furthers the story or hell adds a full on cross over with a previous Fire Emblem game.

I think the DLC model for Fire Emblem should be totally revamped, maybe just an expansion pack that furthers the story or hell adds a full on cross over with a previous Fire Emblem game.

Recreate every final boss battle in the series with the final bosses in all their glory. Let's see the new cast take down Ashera and Julius.

Recreate every final boss battle in the series with the final bosses in all their glory. Let's see the new cast take down Ashera and Julius.

How about throwing every single final boss into one Apotheosis-ish map with Ashera as the final boss of said map?

How about throwing every single final boss into one Apotheosis-ish map with Ashera as the final boss of said map?

Nah. Let Veld be the final boss. Hiding away with all the others protecting him.

That could be a cool way to go about it. I think it would require several maps to be played to it's best effects though.

IMO, DLC are 90% of the time, pure, annoying, moneygrab. Awakening's DLC are just that. I can understand the farming thingy I guess, it's a quicker process. But the story thingy are all weak, even more considering that you can just watch them on Youtube. They are the same level as the supports, so freaking WHY ?! Just lame. And don't get me started on the waste of potential.

Marth's map & co ? Osef. Apotheosis ? I'm still working on it.

For the spotpass ? Heh, plotwise, having characters that just can't stay dead is a big meh. Pretty badass to have Inversa and Walmart thought. But I don't need more characters, I'm already full without the children, so why should I bother ?

Those are, again, IMO anyways.

Did you see how much money they made ? Of course there will be DLC. Do I want them ? Nope.

Seliph was fabulous! >:(
2fab5u

I like Seliph, he was swag enough. Crappy face, but he had a swag coat. I just loved Leaf's artwork ! My favorite of the lot.
I can agree that that Ike was ugly, some FEA's armor just shouldn't exist.

Edited by B.Leu

I can agree that that Ike was ugly, some FEA's armor just shouldn't exist.

In MY opinion (Brace for impact!) the Hero armor wasn't ALL that bad. It kinda felt fitting, expect the whole... Arm-Shield thing.

But it must've been pretty handy!

*ba dum tss*

No, but in all seriousness, it's the fact they tried to make Ike look slick and sneaky in his portarit, when in all honesty, he's a living tank of a man.