Legendary weapon weight

Paper Jam

Forblaze and Aureola are spell books, so clearly they've had some pages torn out of them, due to use. As for the other two, maybe they've gotten slightly rusty in the 20 years between FE7 and FE6, and some of the metal has flaked off.

Possibly.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

The lack of Athos' magic casted on the weapons, allowed the weapons to lighten up, possibly the magic was used to aid against protecting's one self from incinerating from the might of a full fledged Fire Dragon which is why it was heavier due to the presence of magic. As opposed to Mamkutes who likely do not have the same power in their flames.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

I do not think this has anything to do with game lore. It simply has to do with game balance. If you look at luna it saw many changes. First, not existing, existing (and OP), and finally to not really being usable. The same with how Bolting ended up changing. It went from 10 to 20 weight. The weight increase for those weapons I believe was meant to force you to use it on a good unit that you had trained.

With the weight not every unit that reached S rank can now really go and use those weapons. You want a unit with good speed as well to avoid them getting doubled due to being slow down.

• 4 weeks later...

Lore wise? I doubt there's any reason to it. Makes zero sense from a physical standpoint, really. It's probably a balance thing, though I can't say I agree with it, since it can tend to screw over their users a bit in FE7, which is kind of unnecessary considering they only get to use them for a single chapter. The only valid reason I can think of is to keep Eliwood/Hector/Athos dominating in the Link Arena thanks to having the only stat increasing weapons, make them have some sort of a tradeoff. Makes sense for Durandal and Armads at least, but feels a bit... Cruel for Forblaze/Aureola. That also would explain why Lyn's Sol Katti gets to be so absurdly heavy, they didn't want her to molest every magic user in the arena.