FE8 Chaos Mode Progress Topic

Klokinator

Well, hold that excitement in check, you're gonna be waiting a super long time.

I figured as much, hence why I consider my excitement to be irrational. It'll get more rational the closer we get. Perhaps I could spend some of my waiting time plotting a graph.

In other news, I've made some drastic changes to magic users. Like staves? Like healing? I hope not, because the number of staff users has been slashed dramatically.

-Sages lose staves and gain light. [Anima/Light] (You can still gain staves at T3)

-Wizards/Witches also lose staves, including their T3, but they get Dark/Anima and add Light for the T3.

Basically, the mounted mages get staves, Bishops and their T3 get staves, and the High Magus gets staves, as well as the Summoner/Necromancer branch. Well, there are a couple bonus characters that get staves too.

I think that's actually pretty cool. I feel like this system gives mounted mages a bit more of a niche (they never really felt all that different, in my opinion), and letting the bishops, et al. keep staves is satisfying from a characterization perspective. Staff-wielding Lord also sounds boss.

... though I'm still scratching my head trying to come up with an in-universe reason for Summoner/Necromancers to be able to heal.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, the mounted mages get staves, Bishops and their T3 get staves, and the High Magus gets staves, as well as the Summoner/Necromancer branch. Well, there are a couple bonus characters that get staves too.

l'arachel shall finally be useful...then again natasha was still better. hey DK, have 60x2 from Ivaldi!Natasha with supports.

I wanted there to be more than one reason to go Summoner (They can summon sure, but now they have sole staff utility for dark magi). Also, since you WILL have playable monsters and bishops are either 2x or 3x effective against monsters, you can deal 2x or 3x healing damage on your monster units. If Natasha would normally heal 35, she'll heal 70 on a monster.

l'arachel shall finally be useful...then again natasha was still better. hey DK, have 60x2 from Ivaldi!Natasha with supports.

L'arachel is always useful. :<

Though I suppose we don't know what class she'll be yet anyway.

I wanted there to be more than one reason to go Summoner (They can summon sure, but now they have sole staff utility for dark magi). Also, since you WILL have playable monsters and bishops are either 2x or 3x effective against monsters, you can deal 2x or 3x healing damage on your monster units. If Natasha would normally heal 35, she'll heal 70 on a monster.

Point made. I never really used Summoners because they seemed... lacking. Would still like to come up with a suitable (or at least silly) in-game reason for it, though. Because it sounds fun.

The Bishops doing extra healing "damage" against monster units is a pretty hilarious thing that I hadn't thought of. Niche use, but awesome.

The Bishops doing extra healing "damage" against monster units is a pretty hilarious thing that I hadn't thought of. Niche use, but awesome.

Heal now does 30+MAG healing to monsters with Bishop....you could heal 60 HP to a monster with a heal staff and MAG of 30. Who needs Recover? (Slayer gives 3x weapon might vs monsters)

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

When legendary weapons and claws become commonplace and your units have 100ish HP, it'll be great having that.

I'm also planning to change staff ranges. I'm thinking...

Heal: 1

Mend: 1-2

Physic: Mag/3

Recover: Mag/2

Fortify: Mag/2

Latona: All

We will see.

Edited by Klokinator

When legendary weapons and claws become commonplace and your units have 100ish HP, it'll be great having that.

I'm also planning to change staff ranges. I'm thinking...

Heal: 1

Mend: 1-2

Physic: Mag/3

Recover: Mag/2

Fortify: Mag/2

Latona: All

We will see.

Are these things possible to do? I thought staff effects were hardcoded. Not that I know what that means.

So, since Klok keeps bringing up another lord, I think we can assume it's not Mehfraim. That being said, what happens to him anyway?

I actually just removed the new lord because it broke the earlygame choice balance I wanted. Also, it ended up being a stupid idea and would have been too much work to fit into the barebones story.

Edit: As for Mehfraim, he's not the Mehfraim you know and love...

Edited by Klokinator

I actually just removed the new lord because it broke the earlygame choice balance I wanted. Also, it ended up being a stupid idea and would have been too much work to fit into the barebones story.

Edit: As for Mehfraim, he's not the Mehfraim you know and love...

ephraim as monster class confirmed, or as healer class, or deformed mug

The new lord is gone, you'll just have to get over it.

Oh yeah, we may have FEgirls/FE7if and other japanese fan hack animations sooner than expected. Temp from FEU is working on a way to read Japanese rom data with FEditor. If successful, this'll be a huge addition toour animation repository.

And to anyone who complains about theft of Japanese community property, I'll indicate all the shit they steal from us. They use our tools, our mugs, our custom animations, and never give anything back. It's time we got some trade going on here.

Edited by Klokinator

The new lord is gone, you'll just have to get over it.

Oh yeah, we may have FEgirls/FE7if and other japanese fan hack animations sooner than expected. Temp from FEU is working on a way to read Japanese rom data with FEditor. If successful, this'll be a huge addition toour animation repository.

And to anyone who complains about theft of Japanese community property, I'll indicate all the shit they steal from us. They use our tools, our mugs, our custom animations, and never give anything back. It's time we got some trade going on here.

"non-optional trade"

Might I be suggest a a few FE8 Girls anims not to use? Fem!Fighter, Warrior, and Mercenary are things that don't look guapo.