Chapter 8.

Whilst my RD run is on hold until I

A) Free up space on my SSD or
B) Connect a portable HDD

I have been playing FE9 on hard mode in a "No mounts" run just to make things different as they are extremely OP they tend to over shadow other units. I'm doing quite well so far but my only units that can realistically tank are Ike + Boyd. I'm curious how to approach this chapter because the enemies are going to rush at me from 3 different angles and no matter how I look at it I see either Mia or Soren getting killed no matter which area I have them try to hold.

I have 800 points of Bexp + a forge available for someone as well. Soren is also equipped with the Seraph robe.

Anyone care to share there ideas? I am more than happy to post screenshots of stats if needs be.

Yeah and I completely understand what I'm saying is "There is a perfectly good strategy but I am choosing to restrict myself by not using units A + B"

I'm thinking I could possibly dump all my BEXP into Mia with a knight band equipped and give her a slim sword with Rhys and Soren near to her (Soren to kill any units that are low HP that Mia can't kill in one hit with vantage and Rhys to heal her) although maybe I could maybe give her a steel sword as well and switch her weapons over for vantage 1HKO with Rhys there for support. Of course I still need to watch out for archers as well which will remain a problem for Rhys but he just might be able to stay alive with vulneraries.

Nice. How did you get Boyd to double and ORKO knights?

Also, doesn't Illanya show up on the other side, like where you placed Mia?

From very early on I had Boyd using the Archer/Thief band mainly for his dodgy skill but his speed benefitted from this also. I'll probably be giviing him the dracoshield I get two chapters later as well as he is going to be one of my main tanks for the majority of the game.

Yeah I was actually really lucky there because if she did go that way Mia would have to start killing things which would probably end up with her dying...a lot. It turns out Ilyana will just travel to Ike the quickest way possible and as Ike was on the east wall she travelled East.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I may have given Boyd a speedwing? He probably deserves it as without mounts and a knights ward on the way I should be able to solve everyone elses speed issues.

Edited by ClLoulD