• Blooper
    • Boo
    • Dry Bones
    • Hammer Bro
    • Koopa Kid (Not Bowser Jr.)
    • Koopa Troopa
    • Mii
    • Shy Guy
  2. 2. Which characters are you most excited to see playable?

• Mario
    • Luigi
    • Peach
    • Daisy
    • Yoshi
    • Wario
    • Donkey Kong
    • Toad
    • Toadette
    • Rosalina
    • Waluigi
    • Spike
    • Bowser (Bowser Party)

I haven't seen any other topic for Mario Party 10, so I'll start here!

Finally, the 10th Mario Party. I didn't really like the idea of mini-stars, as I preferred to travel across the board separately, not by some sort of buggy. But I'm truly only hyped for Mario Party 10 for one sole reason: Toadette is back!

Oh, and some of the Mario Party 10 playable characters got official artwork released. Daisy and Waluigi did not get one yet, but the others did:

[spoiler=Toadette]mp10newart5.jpg

[spoiler=Rosalina]mp10newart6.jpg

[spoiler=Spike]mp10newart4.jpg

[spoiler=The Rest]mp10newart12.jpgmp10newart11.jpgmp10newart10.jpgmp10newart8.jpgmp10newart9.jpgmp10newart7.jpg

I just can't wait to see all the new mini-games and some party mode footage. Bowser Party and amiibo Party look okay, imo. I'm really hoping for everyone in the Mario Party 10 cast to get an amiibo. I'd love for some Toadette!

And I didn't put Bowser Jr. in the polls because it looks he's not going to be playable. Mario Wiki has him as non-playable and his caption reads: "Can be seen floating around the mid-tower and runs the Bowser Jr. Space."

Any thoughts on Mario Party 10?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious/interested in the Amiibo Party, seems neat. And the idea of a Daisy Amiibo is pretty great. But if I were to get the game(I'd need a Wii U first hehe) I'd have no one to play with.

This game is sounding awesome so far, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a Daisy Amiibo, or for her to even be in the game at this point with Rosalina getting all the attention instead. Don't get me wrong, I like Rosalina a lot too, but Daisy is my favorite Nintendo princess and I've always been annoyed that she keeps getting shafted. She's just as much a princess and character in this series as Rosalina and Peach. So what if her debut game isn't considered canon? She's still getting appearances in spin-offs, and Toadette originated in a spinoff. Now she's got a playable appearance in a game that isn't a party, kart, or sport title. Daisy should get this too, if you ask me. Daisy has also been appearing on Mario Party game covers for years now, and Toadette hasn't. She deserves more love.

But alas, Nintendo seems to hate her, and so does the fandom. I see way more hate for her than love among the fans.

Also, who the hell is Spike?

Edited by Anacybele

This game is sounding awesome so far, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a Daisy Amiibo, or for her to even be in the game at this point with Rosalina getting all the attention instead.

Hmm? What do you mean?

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting what you said correctly, but... Daisy is playable once again! Hasn't she always been? She just doesn't have any art yet! Donkey Kong and Waluigi are confirmed playable too, but they don't have art yet either.

Woo Rosalina, for the millionth, kabillionth time.

EDIT: But as long as Peach is still playable, as she always has been (to my knowledge; haven't played them all), I'm cool with any of the roster.

http://youtu.be/H1Ui3ZDX9MI?t=40m16s

And I'm pretty sure Spike is the first enemy you see in this level. Hope he vomits spikes in this game!

Edited by Maji

Hmm? What do you mean?

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting what you said correctly, but... Daisy is playable once again! Hasn't she always been? She just doesn't have any art yet! Donkey Kong and Waluigi are confirmed playable too, but they don't have art yet either.

Where is Daisy being playable confirmed at? Even if she is, I still don't think she has a high chance of getting an Amiibo.

This game is sounding awesome so far, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a Daisy Amiibo, or for her to even be in the game at this point with Rosalina getting all the attention instead. Don't get me wrong, I like Rosalina a lot too, but Daisy is my favorite Nintendo princess and I've always been annoyed that she keeps getting shafted. She's just as much a princess and character in this series as Rosalina and Peach. So what if her debut game isn't considered canon? She's still getting appearances in spin-offs, and Toadette originated in a spinoff. Now she's got a playable appearance in a game that isn't a party, kart, or sport title. Daisy should get this too, if you ask me. Daisy has also been appearing on Mario Party game covers for years now, and Toadette hasn't. She deserves more love.

But alas, Nintendo seems to hate her, and so does the fandom. I see way more hate for her than love among the fans.

Calm your giblits Ana, Daisy's in the game. Hell, she was shown in every mini-game clip in the trailer

[spoiler=seriously]

8789da7d4f.png

ecaca6080e.png

6a0189c355.png

c0971d88f9.png

af989dd921.png

3d19f05441.png

And unlike in the main series, Daisy has the distinction of appearing in nearly every Mario Party/Kart/Sports game since her debut. I really doubt that she won't get an amiibo.

On the Toadette thing. She's also only playable in a game that only features Toads as the playable cast, so it doesn't really help your argument. And it's pretty small, but IIRC Toadette also appeared in Paper Mario and the Thosand Year Door to explain new Jump and Hammer abilities.

And why does she deserve more love, exactly? At least she still appears in games, even if they aren't main series games.

Do ya wanna know what one of my favorite series is?

It's Golden Sun

And not only has it not been continued for nearly 5 yeas despite ending with a cliffhanger

But it didn't even appear in the newest Smash Bros

Because Sakurai didn't want to prioritize dead series

Edited by Kon

Because Daisy has been around for about 25 years, yet still has no appearance outside of spinoffs, not even an NPC appearance. Yet Rosalina gets introduced and she gets all sorts of attention immediately.

Characters like the Koopalings and Alph are alternate models for Bowser Jr. and Olimar in Smash, but Daisy is still just a palette swap for Peach.

Daisy just appearing in spinoffs isn't good enough for me.

What hurts her is that she's hated more than liked and I heard that Nintendo won't do anything more with her because her creator is apparently dead. Imo, the latter shouldn't matter, the dude isn't around anymore to protest. Still, this has been Nintendo's choice thus far and it makes me sad.

I still don't think she has a high chance of getting an Amiibo.

Edited by Anacybele

Daisy is neither relevent nor popular, still being viewed as a Peach clone even after the redesign. She has never had a main game appearance and has nothing in the way of game opportunities. Hell even Wario and Toad gave some ideas for games, and both of their series/games are actually pretty damned popular. What can Daisy give, a sports game? Oh wait.

Poor you

I'd like proof of that, seeing as I researched it myself and failed to come up with anything even suggesting it. I did find that they only started putting her in side games so there was another human character to play as though. Even then, another possible reason for her not being put in another main game is out of respect for Gunpei Yoko, who was responsible for many of Nintendo's successes and was the mentor of Shigeru Miyamoto himself.

And I don't really care either way

Edited by Kon

Daisy's Blooming Adventure, she's on a quest to make Sarasaland beautiful and full of flowers. ~Better get growing~.

It'd be a platformer with a flower mechanic. Also, didn't Gunpei Yokoi create Wario too. They're still doing stuff with him.

ANYWAY, this is about Mario Party 10. Bowser mode does seem interesting, but not as interesting as Amiibo Party. I wonder what Yoshi and Daisy's boards look like.

Daisy is neither relevent nor popular, still being viewed as a Peach clone even after the redesign. She has never had a main game appearance and has nothing in the way of game opportunities. Hell even Wario and Toad gave some ideas for games, and both of their series/games are actually pretty damned popular. What can Daisy give, a sports game? Oh wait.

Poor you

I'd like proof of that, seeing as I researched it myself and failed to come up with anything even suggesting it. I did find that they only started putting her in side games so there was another human character to play as though. Even then, another possible reason for her not being put in another main game is out of respect for Gunpei Yoko, who was responsible for many of Nintendo's successes and was the mentor of Shigeru Miyamoto himself.

And I don't really care either way

Fine, you're free to have your opinions, but you don't have to be an ass about it. I didn't say "poor you" to your favoritism for Golden Sun.

And actually, Daisy has been appearing in spinoffs since the 90s. She was in Open Tournament Golf for the NES as Luigi's caddie and stuff. There WAS a "drought" period where she didn't appear in any games for some time, but still.

And speaking of Amiibo Party, I'm looking forward to learning more about that myself.

Daisy just appearing in spinoffs isn't good enough for me.

That right there is what I was saying poor you about, since it was an incredibly entitled thing to say. What makes you think you deserve to have Daisy appear in the main games? Because you like her? Plenty of people like her, I even like her, but I'm not about to say that she deserves a place in any of the main titles. Even with my "favoritism", I don't think I deserve a fourth Golden Sun title. I just want closure at this point, I don't even care if it's even that great anymore. Hell, if I was desperate enough, I'd try my hand at making the damned thing myself, since actually doing something is better than sitting around and whining about it not happening.

Those "opinions" are what I found while looking up things about Daisy. When she was brought up, that was most people's reasons for why they didn't care for her or disagreed with the notion of her having her own game or at least being in a main entry. And you can't really say that she is relevant, given that she has never even had a cameo in the main games. Of course Waluigi is in the same situation, though he at least got an Assist Trophy based on the Tennis games because he only exists in those Kart/Party/Sports games. And can you tell me what Daisy herself has that would make for a neat game aside from being in so many titles for ~25 years?

I know. Sorry for not being 100% accurate in forgetting to mention her very important caddy role. Still need that proof on her being left out because "Nintendo hates her" though.

Edited by Kon

I'm getting this game just for Spike and Bowser being playable.I know Bowser's only in Bowser party.Though,I swear he was unlockable in Mario Party 5 or 4...Though,I HATE the ride around with everybody thing.I never bought 9 because of it.Haven't they learned anything yet?

If Koopa Kid's in this game,I'm going to cry tears of joy at his return.He hasn't been in a Mario Party game since what,6?

That right there is what I was saying poor you about, since it was an incredibly entitled thing to say. What makes you think you deserve to have Daisy appear in the main games? Because you like her? Plenty of people like her, I even like her, but I'm not about to say that she deserves a place in any of the main titles.

Okay, maybe that was poor wording. But Daisy not even having so much as a cameo in main games is what I have a problem with. Waluigi is even less relevant than she is, yet he gets to be an assist in Smash and people are crying for him to be playable and such. I haven't heard anyone complain about that. If Waluigi is worthy of more attention, then Daisy is too. Waluigi has only been around since Mario Kart Double Dash for the GC. He was created simply so Wario had a partner there. Daisy has been around since like 93 and was the princess in Super Mario Land. Yeah, it's not considered a canon game, but unlike Waluigi, Daisy at least appeared in a non-sport/party/kart game. This is why I feel she can be used in main stream games too.

As for the whole "Daisy is just a Peach clone" thing, people said the same about Rosalina for awhile. Yet look how unique she is now. Even Luigi used to literally be a Mario clone, he was nothing more than a palette swap back in the NES days. Daisy can easily go through the same development, and she already has to a small extent. She looks more different from Peach now than she used to. Daisy has a flower theme, give her some abilities based on that or something.

If it doesn't have online then Nintendo needs to rethink a lot of stuff. No online I'm not getting it

It's been confirmed for months that there is no online. Even the official box art doesn't have the Nintendo Network icon.

I swear this official art. Oh the stuff Mario is going to do.

i8xBPMz.jpg

Oh Mario! That art is really cute, it makes you realize how huge Mario and Luigi's hands are XD. I would have never thought of the Mario Party crew playing Mario Party themselves!

I'm getting this game just for Spike and Bowser being playable.I know Bowser's only in Bowser party.Though,I swear he was unlockable in Mario Party 5 or 4...Though,I HATE the ride around with everybody thing.I never bought 9 because of it.Haven't they learned anything yet?

If Koopa Kid's in this game,I'm going to cry tears of joy at his return.He hasn't been in a Mario Party game since what,6?

iirc, Koopa Kid has been in Mario Party 7, but as a NPC. He's been the one putting extra Bowser tiles if you land on those bowser-head tiles.

As for the whole "Daisy is just a Peach clone" thing, people said the same about Rosalina for awhile. Yet look how unique she is now. Even Luigi used to literally be a Mario clone, he was nothing more than a palette swap back in the NES days. Daisy can easily go through the same development, and she already has to a small extent. She looks more different from Peach now than she used to. Daisy has a flower theme, give her some abilities based on that or something.

I'd be down for a Daisy spin-off! But my guess is that it's just too late for her.

Another princess has arrived, and (in a way) stolen the spotlight as the second princess. Yes, Daisy is always remembered, and I'll never forget about her. But I feel Rosalina is starting to become mainstream now, and it takes away from Daisy.

Even though I think it's unlikely that Daisy will get her spin-off, she will forever have her place in sports, karts, or party games. She might not be mainsteam today, but she'll always be a part of the Mario franchise, as I doubt Rosalina will take her spot as Peach's partner.

Which brings up some discussion.

I've always paired up the Mario Party crew as partners with each other. Y'know, Mario and Luigi, Peach and Daisy, Yoshi and Birdo, Toad and Toadette. And even if the pairings didn't exactly make sense, they still existed in a way (Blooper and Hammer Bro from Mario Party 8) because of everyone else being paired up.

So if Daisy continues to be Peach's partner, which I think is safe to assume, who will Rosalina be with?

If it doesn't have online then Nintendo needs to rethink a lot of stuff. No online I'm not getting it

Seriously? No online? I know the Wii Mario Party games didn't, but still, that's kind of stupid. :/

Online sounds pretty cool, tbh. But I'm confused. How exactly would online work with a title like Mario Party?

The DK hype is real~ It's been too long~

And of course, Rosalina's inclusion goes without saying at this point :V

I'm keen on the thought of Dry Bones, Boo, and Blooper returning too. And don't forgot Kamek, he's one of my favorites~ (though I've never played Mario Party 9)

Mario Party 10 isn't a must buy for me at the moment, but I am thoroughly reading up on whatever news for it comes out.

I find it quite awesome and fitting how the 6 most major Mario characters (well, according to most people) have their own unlockable boards in Amiibo Party. It's a really nice tribute to the roots and the biggest veterans of the Mario series.

I admittingly was expecting Waluigi and Daisy to get their own amiibo figures for Mario Party 10, especially since they've practically been perfect attendance characters in the Mario spin-offs ever since the late N64 era. Oh well, it makes sense that only Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, and Yoshi are the very first of the Super Mario wave of amiibo, due to the reasons I stated in the above paragraph. I have a feeling Waluigi and Daisy will eventually get their own amiibo figures in another Super Mario amiibo wave, and perhaps Mario Party 10 will be updated to include compatibility with them.

Also, I'm quite psyched for playable Rosalina in Mario Party as well. I know quite a few people are sick of her, but it's not like she's being included as playable while other veteran characters aren't (well, besides the generic enemies like Dry Bones, Blooper, and such, since their exclusion is understandable). And it's not like Rosalina is replacing Mario as the face of the Mario series, or the face of Nintendo. There is actually a game company (whose name I'll leave unmentioned to be nice, unless someone else brings up their name since I won't be able to protect their identity anymore) who literally proclaimed in a press conference that a character they made in 2009 is now "the face of their entire company" (that's over 25 years old, yet they're completely disregarding all the characters they made before then and the iconic and veteran characters that got them where they are now) despite the very mixed reception that the character and their games got (especially when compared to Rosalina). Nintendo featuring Rosalina in Mario games a lot more is hardly as bad as... that...

Also, has Spike been officially confirmed to be playable in Mario Party 10 by Nintendo, or at least a minigame screenshot? I know Spike getting his own official art heavily implies him being playable, but I just want concrete proof if there happens to be some.

Alright, woo! No new character art revealed, but they have shown off some of the board options we can choose from.

Ranging from underwater to bowser-esque lava boards, they've got it all! I certainly hope it doesn't stop there! From the Mario Party games I've played, there's always been at least 6. And normally that sixth board would be the unlockable Bowser one, but if a bowser-type board is already shown... what could be in store?

[spoiler=Casual Carnival Board]mario_party_10_board_grass.png

[spoiler=Lava / Bowser Board]mario_party_10_board_fire.png

[spoiler=The Rest]mario_party_10_board_float.pngmario_party_10_board_haunted.pngmario_party_10_board_underwater.png

They've also shown what the dice block will look like, but that's not news at all! It's just our typical dice block, this time with green numbers.

After seeing these boards, I'm really hoping for them to exclude the car, or at least an option to not have the car. We've already seen the car in a trailer / recent direct, so I shouldn't get my hopes up too high. But it would make me extremely happy to see the return of why I loved Mario Party 7 and 8!