FE8 map inserting ptoblem

zhawhjw

Eh.............I am trying to inert map into FE8 recently. Inserting and replacing maps in previous chapters works fine. However, the chapter map is still the original map when I repoint the Ch16 map pointer to my new map data. Here are steps:

1.open Tiled and draw a map(and i use blocks in Ch16 for convenient)

2.insert it to new position in 1000000

3.open the nightmare and change the pointer 0x81B4FE4 to 0x9000000

4.apply and save

5. I use the record I have played to check it. yeah, it is in ch16. That's why i want to replace map in ch16 .

Does anyone know how to fix it?

There are at least two reasons for your problem. In order:

1. How are you accessing chapter 16? Are you loading a save state or hard loading it from the menu? The game only loads the map if you hard load it, save states will only remember the map that already existed when the save state was made.

2. If you *are* loading it from a hard load, then it's possible you didn't actually point it correctly. Are you sure you saved the change in Nightmare? If you did, you should be able to find the edited pointer in Nightmare.

So, it means the next chapter's map is already loaded in SAVE file generated by simulator? Well, I think my problem might be do the loading from a save state. Eh.............Can you explain the hard loading for me? I think I may not get the concept of hard loading...................