4-Koma Kings Translations [COMPLETE!]

Kirokan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah XD

I did one run where it was all female all axes so I put both Lissa and Maribelle into War Cleric

Lissa did pretty well even as an offensive unit

Maribelle couldn't do shit offensively

so that comic was like YEP ACCURATE

The author must have had a similar experience in that case XD

Libra still looks too sexy, and Minerva still hates Virion. :P

BTW, is it just me, or is the artist trying to avoid drawing Minerva's head? o.o

That's a point XD If they can draw the rest of the body you think the head shouldn't be that hard too, but guess Minerva can't be bothered to show her head either!

Page 93 appears as broken to me.

For the other user who had this problem, clearing their browser cache worked in letting the image appear. It is likely because I updated the image with the corrections so it's trying to find the old image that doesn't exist anymore or something. : )

Edited by Kirokan

Nowi looks so dang adorable in dragon form in the second and fourth panels. :3 Her face in the last panel with the dot eyes, cheek blush, and wide and toothy yet innocent smile on her dragon muzzle makes her SO CUTE. :D

95: Virion in yet another awkward situation involving Cherche. :P And Nowi, why are you looking and acting so adorable as usual? XD Treating Libra like a pet dog... With the Virion and Cherche watching. :P Heck, this page has both cat and dog treatments!

96: As usual, Tiki is beautiful, and Nowi and Nah are adorable. :P I say it a lot, but I still think so. And I love the hilarity of Robin silently trying to point out the Brand with that look on his face. XD

Doesnt solve it here though.Could you please send me the image(upload to img.ur) as a PM?

Sent it to you as a PM! Sorry it took four days :\

Nowi looks so dang adorable in dragon form in the second and fourth panels. :3 Her face in the last panel with the dot eyes, cheek blush, and wide and toothy yet innocent smile on her dragon muzzle makes her SO CUTE. :D

Very much so XD

haha this is so great. Lucina can speak otaku.

I'm so happy you're still doing these. Kudos mate.

Thanks! Almost there! I missed/tend to miss a few days here and there but am striving to get it done! Really appreciate your and others' patience : )

95: Virion in yet another awkward situation involving Cherche. :P And Nowi, why are you looking and acting so adorable as usual? XD Treating Libra like a pet dog... With the Virion and Cherche watching. :P Heck, this page has both cat and dog treatments!

96: As usual, Tiki is beautiful, and Nowi and Nah are adorable. :P I say it a lot, but I still think so. And I love the hilarity of Robin silently trying to point out the Brand with that look on his face. XD

Robin's face is priceless there XD Wondering why nobody is seeing this

Page 96: Manaketes are awesome and I wonder why Chrom didn't try showing the brand in the first place.

Robin is wondering that exact same thing with that expression. XD

I've been following this for a few weeks now and just wanted to thank you for taking the time and effort to translate this for us. I've found myself checking for updates everyday and really enjoyed the latest page (98)

Sorry about the few days without updates! Traveling and all! But should be back to at least one a day now!

Haha love the Anna and Robin comparison and I love the touch of humor in her discovering that Validar is her father.

She has a point, too. XD

I've been following this for a few weeks now and just wanted to thank you for taking the time and effort to translate this for us. I've found myself checking for updates everyday and really enjoyed the latest page (98)

You are most welcome! And thank you for checking back everyday, and very sorry for the last few days being updateless! I just posted 99 and hope to keep a steady flow to the end! Almost there!

98: Yay! Jumping to conclusions by making random connections! :P

99: Apparently, cheesy team wear also inflicts despair. :P And Nowi looks so adorable! :D

Though, I have criticisms on Gregor and Tiki's lines. Gregor, again, speaks in third person, so I think he'd say, "Oy, Gregor's back..." Also, "SHUT UP." sounds too informal and out of character for Tiki, even in sleepy anger. Perhaps "DO NOT DISTURB ME." would be a better thing for her to say? ^_^

Chapter 99, one of my favorites so far.

Lucina, how could you do such a thing? And Robin, inflicting so much inadvertent suffering. Shame.

Page 99 and now 100 are two favorites of mine, too. XD

98: Yay! Jumping to conclusions by making random connections! :P

99: Apparently, cheesy team wear also inflicts despair. :P And Nowi looks so adorable! :D

Though, I have criticisms on Gregor and Tiki's lines. Gregor, again, speaks in third person, so I think he'd say, "Oy, Gregor's back..." Also, "SHUT UP." sounds too informal and out of character for Tiki, even in sleepy anger. Perhaps "DO NOT DISTURB ME." would be a better thing for her to say? ^_^

Ahh Gregor, I always forget about his third person-ness. XD I'll have that fixed. I think that was their point in Japanese, that she hates being woken up so much to the point she will be rather rude about it. The Japanese was the simple and crass うるさい which is hard to put in a formal tone XD

But I don't remember any instance of Tiki in Awakening where she was woken up from her sleep and acted angry immediately by speaking so informally (nor have I outright seen her angry after being waked up), and in the localization, Tiki never really spoke much in an informal manner, even when angry. She remained formal in her A support with Anna after realizing Anna was using her to make money, and she even kept talking formally in her talk with Einherjar Gharnef in Rogues and Redeemers 2, and he's the same guy who hypnotized her in the past. The level of informality doesn't really detract from the point Tiki is trying to make in the comic, it simply makes her look out of character, especially when you consider how rude the words "shut up" are percieved. She has gone as far as to say "mind your own business...or else..." in her sleep in her A support with Robin, but I don't think that's to the level "shut up" is at.

Sorry if I'm sounding insistent; Tiki's one of my favorite characters, and seeing her say "shut up", even if she is simultaneously groggy and angry, just seems to me like she's acting out of character. o.o; If it were up to me, I would change the phrase to "DO NOT DISTURB ME." since it would show Tiki's deep anger while insuring she still sounds in-character, but I understand that's your call in the end. Again, sorry.

Thank you so much for these translations!

While I don't feel all the strips are funny, most of them are at least interesting and there's a few gems in there like the Cherche/Excellus one for example. I had a pretty good time reading these, so thank you again for all the effort translating and editing these!

Ryo: I understood that one as Emmeryn becoming super strong/buff so that she couldn't be assassinated.

Edited by Ayra

106: tharja wut just wut...

And those assassin blades ARE dangerous to wear around casually. :P

107: Love the Archanea references! XD Also, I believe Jage- I mean, Fredrick should say "Milord" instead of "Lord Chrom". :P

Terribly sorry for these past few slow uploads, got a nasty illness here. : ( but mostly recovered so should be good to push the final few pages that remain!

But I don't remember any instance of Tiki in Awakening where she was woken up from her sleep and acted angry immediately by speaking so informally (nor have I outright seen her angry after being waked up), and in the localization, Tiki never really spoke much in an informal manner, even when angry. She remained formal in her A support with Anna after realizing Anna was using her to make money, and she even kept talking formally in her talk with Einherjar Gharnef in Rogues and Redeemers 2, and he's the same guy who hypnotized her in the past. The level of informality doesn't really detract from the point Tiki is trying to make in the comic, it simply makes her look out of character, especially when you consider how rude the words "shut up" are percieved. She has gone as far as to say "mind your own business...or else..." in her sleep in her A support with Robin, but I don't think that's to the level "shut up" is at.

Sorry if I'm sounding insistent; Tiki's one of my favorite characters, and seeing her say "shut up", even if she is simultaneously groggy and angry, just seems to me like she's acting out of character. o.o; If it were up to me, I would change the phrase to "DO NOT DISTURB ME." since it would show Tiki's deep anger while insuring she still sounds in-character, but I understand that's your call in the end. Again, sorry.

No worries, I totally understand your view point! No need to apologize : ) I do not think it was any instance from the game, and so more of just something the author went for. Tsamimi (quoted below) got it the way it was intended I believe. But if it really bothers you I'll change it to "DO NOT DISTURB ME" on my second pass. : )

The contrast to her usual formal tone perfectly captures just how much she HATES it.

I empathize with Tiki. Don't fucking mess with non-morning people.

We all know this feeling. xD People just sound extra noisy when you're sleepy...

Lmao who's disguising as Emmeryn? XDD

As Ayra said, that...is Emmeryn. xD

Thank you so much for these translations!

While I don't feel all the strips are funny, most of them are at least interesting and there's a few gems in there like the Cherche/Excellus one for example. I had a pretty good time reading these, so thank you again for all the effort translating and editing these!

Ryo: I understood that one as Emmeryn becoming super strong/buff so that she couldn't be assassinated.

No worries! Thank you for reading them!

Indeed, even in the original language some were sort of strange or straightforward more than funny. It is a slightly different kind of humor standard in Japan I suppose you could say. Some of them though I'm sure I'm just terrible at translating the joke's message in a way that makes sense. xD

And that sounds right for buff Emmy to me. xD

106: tharja wut just wut...

And those assassin blades ARE dangerous to wear around casually. :P

107: Love the Archanea references! XD Also, I believe Jage- I mean, Fredrick should say "Milord" instead of "Lord Chrom". :P

106: Right? xD And yeah really, Robin clearly didn't consider such

107: That was one of my favorites. Would Frederick say "Milord Chrom" or just "Milord"? Will get it in the edit run.

Bara Emmeryn speaks to my soul

Yes, so yes. xD

Edited by Kirokan

Yeah, just "milord". I'm 95% sure nobody in the English version called Chrom "milord Chrom".

And sorry to hear you've been ill. Don't push yourself too hard! :)

Finally, it has all been completed : ) thanks for the support everyone, feel free to spread the word. I'll have a compilation zip or rar up when the editing is all done!

Yeah, just "milord". I'm 95% sure nobody in the English version called Chrom "milord Chrom".

And sorry to hear you've been ill. Don't push yourself too hard! :)

Got it, I'll get it now that I'm on my editing run!