Nice to meet you all!

SilverSpook

Hey! I'm SilverSpook. I joined the forums here because I've recently taken a huge interest in the Fire Emblem series and I'm looking to learn more about it, as well as chat with other enthusiasts here. The first Fire Emblem game I owned was Awakening; I bought it a few months after it came out and I enjoyed the heck out of my first Normal/Casual playthrough of it. After beating the main story and rage-quitting the post-game paralogues, I tried a few other Fire Emblem games, but never made it very far in any of them. The recent announcement of Fire Emblem If got me super excited though, and it made me revisit Awakening. I'm currently doing my first Hard/Classic playthrough; I started off a little shaky, but I did a lot of research on the marriage mechanics and the various skills associated with each of the classes (which I totally ignored in my first time through), so I feel good about taking Awakening seriously and trying to eventually beat Lunatic/Classic and all of the post-game levels/DLC levels/everything. I'll probably give some other Fire Emblem games a try too.

Anyways that's a little bit about my experience with Fire Emblem. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and learning as much as I can about this totally awesome series.

Welcome, hope you enjoy the community here!

If you are looking for some games to ease into the series more Fire Emblem 8: Sacred Stones would probably be a good title to check out, due to similar difficulty level to awakening. Sometimes Sacred Stones can even feel, too easy...

Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword, and Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance are also great titles that are newer player friendly, but also have great story and gameplay that can be challenging depending on difficulty level but also very rewarding.

...Hector, Lyn and Ike are just awesome, too! :D

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword, and Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance are also great titles that are newer player friendly, but also have great story and gameplay that can be challenging depending on difficulty level but also very rewarding.

What he said. If you get more comfortable with the series after this, I definitely recommend you give FE4 a shot.

Enjoy the stay!

Edited by DragonLord