Apex 2015 [GAME OVER] Congrats to the winners!

euklyd

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna be watching?

• SSB64
    • SSBM
    • SSBB
    • SSB4
    • Ew, no; if you're a competitive player, go back to your tournies, fun-cancelling and your wavecheating, we don't want you here.

~leffen won his match against mango~

and $1000 dollars in so doing

8]

and next up it's gonna be aMSa beating Mango

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goddammit ppmd

;~;

really though this Apex was hella fun to watch I had a great time

Leffen did better than I expected and ZeRo ran away with SSB4 so I'm pretty happy

(ofc I'd still have had a great time even if my favorites didn't do well)

WAIT FUCK THERE WAS NO REGGIE VS HBOX

dammit

apex ruined

edit: OR MEWTWO

Edited by Euklyd

I'm pretty late to the thread, but man Apex was pretty great to watch, even with it's difficulties.

ZeRo won Smash 4 as anticipated, and PPMD won Melee after his hiatus, which was pretty great. (I was rooting for Leffen though)

That Salty Suite though. Chillin got wrecked so hard, and Leffen wasn't even trying. I kind of feel bad for the guy, but after that diss track he made he kind of deserved it.

I have seen so many leffen vs chillin salty suite gifs / etc it's not even funny

I feel kinda bad for chillin

...and then I remember that awful rap

0ARLyAI.jpg?1

[spoiler=and after that SD]A35oEdA.gif

I have seen so many leffen vs chillin salty suite gifs / etc it's not even funny

I feel kinda bad for chillin

...and then I remember that awful rap

0ARLyAI.jpg?1

[spoiler=and after that SD]A35oEdA.gif

Scar looking disgusted while Leffen does an IRL troll face. I really have to say though, Leffen is now my favorite player, or at least he's in a tie for my 4 favorite players. (Leffen, M2K, Mango, and Hbox) If he had kept his composure against PPMD and Armada (especially Armada), I think he would've won the whole tournament.

Also Armada switching mains to Fox. That'd be surprising if his Fox wasn't so good.

That picture sums up Salty Suite to the point. Oh, Leffen, you're the villain Melee needs. Amazing Fox player

Scar looking disgusted while Leffen does an IRL troll face. I really have to say though, Leffen is now my favorite player, or at least he's in a tie for my 4 favorite players. (Leffen, M2K, Mango, and Hbox) If he had kept his composure against PPMD and Armada (especially Armada), I think he would've won the whole tournament.

Also Armada switching mains to Fox. That'd be surprising if his Fox wasn't so good.

Leffen was the one who put aMSa into Loser's, right? I don't remember much of Melee's top 8, since it was happening 5am over here. I'm curious how much further aMSa would have gotten if he didn't fight an ex-Yoshi player in top 8 (Leffen used to main Yoshi, and aMSa gets his main advantage due to his opponents not knowing the match-up). Leffen is still a fantasic player, though

Yeah, Armada basically tweeted "I've accomplished more with Fox in 1.5 weeks than I have using Peach since 2009," or something to that effect. He needed that Fox against Hungrybox--Peach and Young Link just weren't cutting it. Shame, but you need any advantage you can get in competitive... well, anything

it's a shame to see an end brought to armada's peach like this, but hey, it resulted in mango suggesting he might return to maining the good captain just to keep things slightly less fox-only. i for one am very okay with this

I feel like Leffen would've had a better shot at winning if he had kept his composure against PPMD, actually.

He was on-point those games, and a for a couple a single move would've won him the third game he needed, iirc.

After he was dumped into Losers' he never really got his stride back ;~;

Why do people like Leffen so much again? He's an asshole who was so rude he got banned from tournaments. He is THE most disrespectful person in the major smash community. Glad he didn't make grand finals.

He's a fantastic player, and there are some folks out there who like his disrespectful attitude. Gives him that "badass" edge no one else really has. I like Leffen as a player, but he has his obnoxious moments that turn me off him a little bit

Why do people like Leffen so much again? He's an asshole who was so rude he got banned from tournaments. He is THE most disrespectful person in the major smash community. Glad he didn't make grand finals.

iirc he's not banned anymore so he's probably a bit better, at the least. Yes, he used to be a big jerk, but I think he should be given a second chance, given that he's given away free subs and not been as obnoxious as chillin leading up to the money slaughter, blah blah blah... Edited by ID Thanatos

Disrespectful =/= badass. He's still super obnoxious, this is him after apex:

"I have some bad losses (Plup, SW) but the # of people I drop sets to is shrinking, while I see M2K and Hbox's # to be rapidly increasing."

Or, more truthfully:

"oh man M2K was ill and hbox is focusing on school HAHAHA THEY SUCK."

He's just salty that they won doubles with the incredibly little practice that they put in. People watch him beat mango once and call him the godslayer.

Disrespectful =/= badass. He's still super obnoxious

Oh, definitely. What I'm trying to say is that his disrespectful nature draws people to him, and that it makes him look powerful. "Badass" was the first word that came to my head. Poor choice of words on my part, my apologies

Edited by DodgeDusk

At the very least I find Leffen's Fox probably the most entertaining of the Foxes I've seen, and he's generally entertaining.
For a while I couldn't actually think of why I was a sort of fan of him, but I just remembered he did an AMA like forever ago (I think a year?) and he said something(s) that resonated with me.

iirc he's not banned anymore so he's probably a bit better, at the least. Yes, he used to be a big jerk, but I think he should be given a second chance, given that he's given away free subs and not been as obnoxious as chillin leading up to the money slaughter, blah blah blah...

He wrote up some really good apology after disappearing for like a year.
And he is unbanned, yes, since like, B.E.A.S.T. V was a thing.

I'm pretty sure he's still resentful about the way people went about the ban, but he's definitely cleaned up his act.

e: for the record he's definitely still arrogant and can be a jerk; not denying that

Edited by Euklyd

He wrote up some really good apology after disappearing for like a year.

And he is unbanned, yes, since like, B.E.A.S.T. V was a thing.

I'm pretty sure he's still resentful about the way people went about the ban, but he's definitely cleaned up his act.

e: for the record he's definitely still arrogant and can be a jerk; not denying that

fyi i was joking. i already know about the apology and everything else. anyway he's definitely not the nicest of smashers but he's nowhere near zelgadis level anymore.