Least Favorite Unit (Chrom, Lissa, etc) In Terms Of Personality.

noiku

Chrom, Lucina, Maribelle, Severa, Stahl, and Virion.

Everyone else has their own quirks that I like (Cordelia even grew onto me.)

Chrom and Lucina were the blandest lead characters I've ever seen in any Fire Emblem game,

and the majority of their fanbase gets on my nerve as well. Maribelle and Severa, I dislike both for

being so rude and inconsiderate of others. Virion and Stahl... I don't think I need to explain.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to see Excellus mentioned. Is this topic only for recruitable characters or something?

Actually, It Is not. So Im Going To Say Excellus because i really do hate him

And Validar For Making My Unit Kill Chrom

Alright, you're all banned, because I just read through a bunch of Tharja supports and I have a lot better things to do with my time. :P:

From what I can tell, it looks like Tharja has poor judgment regarding smaller boundaries - so what she thinks is "fine" isn't. When it comes to larger issues (like messing with memories), she'll stop and question it. I have no idea what the hell is up with her Robin supports (both of them), though. I'll have to respectfully disagree about the implications of said A support - from what I can see of her other supports, it sounds like she pulled a Jigglypuff instead of something with actually horrid consequences. All in all, she's interesting, and definitely not my least favorite.

That spot belongs to Severa - defaulting to "manipulating parents" is really fucking awful. Dishonorable mention to Nah, but that's based on her support with Brady (will read up on her more later).

Alright, you're all banned, because I just read through a bunch of Tharja supports and I have a lot better things to do with my time. :P:

Wait. Im Banned and i did not even talk about Tharja?

Wait. Im Banned and i did not even talk about Tharja?

GET THE JOKE

Runner ups for me are Kjelle and Gerome for me.

I actually do kind of like Sully, but Kjelle is just awful. I honestly cannot stand her in the slightest.

I'm not a fan of the dark and brooding batman jr. over there either.

GET THE JOKE

Runner ups for me are Kjelle and Gerome for me.

I actually do kind of like Sully, but Kjelle is just awful. I honestly cannot stand her in the slightest.

I'm not a fan of the dark and brooding batman jr. over there either.

I GOT THE JOKE

Now, Back To Your Regular Thread

Edited by tjoracer

Libra. Lucius was a much better trap IMO

Get out. Libra is an angel.

Emmeryn. I just don't think there was much to her character other than "OH No, being a kind and passive ruler isn't working" and dying to motivate the protagonists for like 3 chapters. And don't even get me started on Spotpass

You know, maybe its because i try to pretend Emmeryn isnt playable, but i almost forgot about her. I absolutely abhor Emmeryn and the game's treatment of her. Its just foul. Shes a bad ruler, a selfish individual, and the game makes her out to be a saint. *chunders* Nej.

I actually like Gerome because he actually seems like he came from a destroyed future, unlike certain other children characters

Gaius's sweets fetish is seriously obnoxious. EVERYTHING HE SAYS outside of supports and certain situations is about candy. Shame because it ruins a perfectly good character.

I'm also not big on Henry. We get it, he's hilariously crazy and violent, funny. Stop rubbing it in our face.

Get out. Libra is an angel.

You know, maybe its because i try to pretend Emmeryn isnt playable, but i almost forgot about her. I absolutely abhor Emmeryn and the game's treatment of her. Its just foul. Shes a bad ruler, a selfish individual, and the game makes her out to be a saint. *chunders* Nej.

Blame FE13's braindead plot and childish sense of morality

I actually like Gerome because he actually seems like he came from a destroyed future, unlike certain other children characters

I gotta actually agree with this and this is why he's one of my favorites in Awakening. The whole Batman thing is sweet don't get me wrong but aside from Lucina he really does seem like he came from a hell all in its own and he is focused on the mission. Plus I mean who doesn't like Batman wielding an axe riding on the back of a wyvern? I feel a "your argument is invalid meme" coming on lol.

I am disappointed at the huge lack of GaiusxMaribelle support readers I am seeing here, or at least judging by some of the claims I've been reading~

Also I find it ridiculous that people are complaining about how "in our face" a personality is being rubbed, isn't like every single character going to seem like that?? Yet I think in some of each characters' supports they do try to go a bit deeper than that one quirk that they attach to each person. So I can see not liking a character for not liking a personality trait they have, but I can't really see not liking a character for "always being like this and never changing" unless they just haven't seen enough of their script (which is why I brought that up in my response). Because otherwise, I'd say every character is going to seem like that, not just a couple. I mean, I guess I can see some more forced than others? But to me that still seems like a silly complaint on a character because they're basically all like that.

Edited by Freohr Datia

I gotta actually agree with this and this is why he's one of my favorites in Awakening. The whole Batman thing is sweet don't get me wrong but aside from Lucina he really does seem like he came from a hell all in its own and he is focused on the mission. Plus I mean who doesn't like Batman wielding an axe riding on the back of a wyvern? I feel a "your argument is invalid meme" coming on lol.

Actually, all of the children at least have some supports that have them acting like they actually came from a dark future.

But I get what you're saying, Gerome is always focused and always takes his mission seriously.

Maybe the other children have been in present Ylisse long enough that they often forgot about their hellhole of a world? I dunno. Laurent and Lucina are the only children that specify when they arrived.

Curse my lack of specification. First, I've only played FE7, FE9 (though not entirely), and FE13. Second (and I should have said THIS instead) is that despite all years of being alive, she acts like a 10-year-old, despite all that's going on (I know about her reasons for playing around in her A support with Nah, but there are other ways to improve abilities such as learning how to effectively dodging swords (I'm not referring to equipped skills on the map, I mean in general)). Yes, she has her moments. Yes, she is a good unit (like all of Awakening's Manaketes (too bad class variety only exists in Nah and Morgan)). HOWEVER, when you look at the fact that even Nah tends to act more mature (sort of), there's a bit of a problem. Also, how in blazes does calling one dragon a loli mean I refer to all of the other female dragons in the same regard?

Summing it up, when I said "loli," my error was that I didn't say "childish" instead.

That was waifu-bashing provoked. Don't take it seriously.

I'm actually kind of sick of hearing that Gerome = Batman. He's more like Nightwing.

I agree that he's more like Nightwing. Nightwing might not be as well known as Batman, but he's still pretty well known due to the fact that he's Dick Grayson, aka the original Robin.

But yeah, I'm kind of tired of the Batman comparison anyway. From the moment I first saw Gerome, I thought Nightwing. xP

Personally, I loved Gerome.

Anyways,

Sully: I could get behind her tomboyish attitude if she didn't constantly remind me she's as good as any man like I keep forgetting or something...

Panne: Really dull and mean spirited towards a lot of characters I like.

Yarne: Not a lovable coward, just an annoying one.

Tharja: Because we needed a fan service character who's also pretty much an awful mother and generally abusive!

Ricken: ...

I am disappointed at the huge lack of GaiusxMaribelle support readers I am seeing here, or at least judging by some of the claims I've been reading~

I read it! One of my favorite supports, certainly.

Anyway I'm not fond of Vaike. While I don't dislike characters with lower intellect by themselves (see: Gonzo is a fine character), a combination of that and his level of arrogance together does him no favors. If you're gonna be that cocky, have something to back it up with. On top of that, he peeps on Sully. You know, at least Virion asks her outright? Doing worse at respecting women's boundaries than your resident womanizing character is not something to be proud of.

Nah x Inigo made me dislike Nah a lot too. It doesn't feel like Inigo was fully enthusiastic about the union, but she pulls the dragon card and pretty much pushes him into it? For someone who claims to be more mature than Nowi, she sure as fuck doesn't actually act like it. It's kinda funny how my opinion of Nah and Nowi are pretty much reversed: Nah has an alright design and a personality that just doesn't click with me. Nowi's outfit is utterly ridiculous, but her personality once you get into the supports more is actually alright as far as FE:A standards go.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Severa is the fucking worst.

Vaike is irritating.

I don't like Inigo, but I can understand why he is the way he is. I mean, having someone has Olivia as your mother and inheriting her crippling shyness, while at the same time being surrounded by the opposite sex who are all high-strung and serious (aside from Cynthia occasionally, who's pretty much the female version of Owain) with the weight of the worlds on their shoulders and I can see why he would attempt to put a smile on their faces.

But because his mother is Olivia (and shyness isn't easy to grow out of, especially if you force it) he just fails awkwardly, and that only emboldens him to keep trying....and failing awkwardly again. And so instead of trying to lighten the mood, he only succeeds in everyone having a low opinion of him when he's only trying to do something noble, but because of said character trait, backfires.