A New Computer Issue(s)...

Xenomic

Having your computer run off of 2GB of RAM might have a little to do with it. I know that Windows 7 is optimized pretty well but even for just basic things I could see your computer locking up by not having enough system memory. Although that doesn't explain how it just recently started doing this since you've been running on one stick for quite sometime.

If you switch the drives like that I would think it would go straight to booting from the secondary or asking you what drive to boot from the BIOS screen.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...aye, it makes no sense to me.It couldn't be due to lack of RAM I think because of the "Kernel_InPage_Data_Error" bluescreen in addition to the "vital processes or thread stopped working" bluescreen. I know it generally gives an error code of a bunch of 0s with F4 at the end just about every single time I've noticed. Also wouldn't explain why it would give the disc read error on boot-up (like I got today again).

I know whenever it goes to the Vista HDD it runs really really terribly slow (which that one I know is due to lack of RAM because fawk Vista >_>;; ).

The only thing I can think of, outside of the SATA drive or ports being the issue, or the HDD itself, is that when I was trying to take out/put in the RAM way back when, I know there was a wire close to that area that I had to fight around to get/take them out...I don't know if that got loose somehow or not, but I wouldn't think that it's that because it didn't start doing this whole problem until way later after that. Hm...