Branded/laguz aging theories

Dragoncat

Yes, I know that convo. And Yune mentions the "little girl who stays by the queen of Crimea".

Yeah, and Stefan is referring to Micaiah, not Amy. He's a Branded himself, and knows that children as young as Amy don't yet show signs of aging slowly, so why would he be talking about her?

You know, all this talk about how long the Branded live makes me wonder if the age of this one Branded character I have makes enough sense. I have this Dracoknight named Lartz. He is a wolf laguz Branded. He looks to be in his twenties, but he's really around 80 years old and has not aged much in a couple decades or so.

Ooo! A wyvern rider! You know I love them xD But yeah, maybe reduce his age to like...30s or 40s?

But okay, now my original theory has been disproven. Time for a new one...

Ooo! A wyvern rider! You know I love them xD But yeah, maybe reduce his age to like...30s or 40s?

Yeah, I know you do. lol I think I created that guy before I met you though. XD

Anyway, that wouldn't work, as it's going to turn out that Lartz also played mentor to his homeland's princess as she was growing up, and if he was only 30-40 while she's now 18, he'd have been in his teen years when she was born, which is kind of young to be a mentor. 50-60 could be alright though.

• 5 weeks later...

I always thought Micaiah couldn't be much older (if older) than 28...Sothe's probably 18.

In my opinion, Sothe doesn't look any older than 12 in PoR, and he doesn't look any younger than 15 in RD, so I'm pretty sure that those were his ages in those respective games.

As for Micaiah, I think it was Lekain who said that she was a baby when Misaha was killed, and that was 23 years before RD. Micaiah must be at least 23, but I don't think she could be much older than that.

That's assuming that Soren was correct about growing up at the same rate as ordinary beorc until he was 16, and assuming that heron-branded also mature at the same rate as beorc at least in infancy.

• 4 weeks later...

I always imagined Micaiah to be about 23 and Sothe to be about 16, so... I dunno. It's a gap, to be sure, but nothing that doesn't happen in real life.

Honestly even within Radiant Dawn alone this isn't even the largest age gap in a pairing; Jill can't be much older than Sothe (a couple years at most?) and Haar is substantially older than Micaiah even by the higher estimates of Micaiah's age seen in this thread.