The Ultimate Fire Emblem Camus Archetype! (starts at post #4100)

llee1000

Jamke has awesome bases, great growths, carries a Killer Bow, can net a Brave Bow from Aideen, and can use a Silver Bow without promoting. Ryan has awesome growths, reclass options that take advantage of his bow level, and helps make reverse Lunatic easier. If those aren't indicators that they are the best unpromoted Archers, I don't know what is. :P Those poor bases, and that EXP gain, though.

Ryan is pretty blech as a unit outside the prologue on harder difficulties, honestly. His bases are absolutely pitiful. No problems with Jamka though, except for the fact that Briggid blows him out of the water.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...

I like Ryan because he becomes a beast in the later part of FE:12. His high Defense and strength is just to hard to pass up, imo. Haven't played FE:3, so can't judge there. I also haven't played FE:4 yet.

Jamke has awesome bases, great growths, carries a Killer Bow, can net a Brave Bow from Aideen, and can use a Silver Bow without promoting. Ryan has awesome growths, reclass options that take advantage of his bow level, and helps make reverse Lunatic easier. If those aren't indicators that they are the best unpromoted Archers, I don't know what is. :P

As to Jamke, imo, he'd stand out if he wasn't in Mounted Emblem. Don't have any comment on Ryan.

As to Jamke, imo, he'd stand out if he wasn't in Mounted Emblem. Don't have any comment on Ryan.

He IS a really good unit though. Playing the game mountless really made me appreciate him as well as a lot of other units I'd normally never use (ARDAN).

He IS a really good unit though. Playing the game mountless really made me appreciate him as well as a lot of other units I'd normally never use (ARDAN).

I'm not denying that. I'm saying that he has the misfortune of being in a game where mounts steal the spotlight even more than normal, and thus, outside of the arena, I can't really see what he's capable of unless I slow down routinely.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Even Ardan was pretty good when I'm forced to slow down by virtue of not having Sigurd (granted, Ardan still wasn't that great because he had swords as a primary weapon but you see what I'm trying to say.)

Jeorge 8

Ryan 2 Sorry Ryan, I did everything I could.

Briggid 11

Faval 6

Klein 11

Igrene 0

Rebecca 1

Wil 6

Innes 19

Leonardo 8

Jeorge 8

Ryan 4

Briggid 11

Faval 5

Klein 11

Rebecca 0

Wil 4

Innes 17

Leonardo 8

Ryan is pretty blech as a unit outside the prologue on harder difficulties, honestly. His bases are absolutely pitiful.

Reclass him to a Hunter, and problem's solved. I'll grant you he's no Draug, Rhodes, Luke, Caeda, or even Catria, Palla, Sirius, or Kris. But at the least, he has the highest long-term use out of the base bow users in FE12. Even Jeorge.

Their bases, growths, and EXP gains are all fine, they aren't any worse than the vast majority of other characters in their game, they're perfectly viable characters to use should you want to use them :3

Except Wil's and Rebecca's highest EXP gains all rely on them stealing kills other units could make better use of. And both of them possess traits no unit wants to have. Basically speaking, using them is pretty much an overall net negative on the player. Not saying "not to use either one", but at the same time, any significant contributions Wil and Rebecca offer to the team are virtually nonexistent. (Unless of course you count Noble Lady of Caelin, which is literally the only chapter where using Wil has any particular advantage.)

and who needs Ryan when you have Castor?

Lol. Ryan should obsolete Castor by the time the latter even joins. Edited by Just call me AL

Except Wil's and Rebecca's highest EXP gains all rely on them stealing kills other units could make better use of. And both of them possess traits no unit wants to have. Basically speaking, using them is pretty much an overall net negative on the player. Not saying "not to use either one", but at the same time, any significant contributions Wil and Rebecca offer to the team are virtually nonexistent. (Unless of course you count Noble Lady of Caelin, which is literally the only chapter where using Wil has any particular advantage.

With that logic, ANY unit killing ANY enemy is "stealing a kill." Unless you decide not to use any archers, nomads, or long-range units at all...it isn't "stealing a kill." Sorry, poor reasoning on that one. As for traits...what, exactly? Being dodge-happy and doubling almost everything with enough strength to still kill (Rebecca)? Having good strength and defense (Wil)? I didn't realize that those were poor traits. I guess I'm playing Fire Emblem all wrong. Doesn't seem like a "net negative" at all to me, their contributions seem pretty great for long-range kills.

Lol. Ryan should obsolete Castor by the time the latter even joins.

Castor > Ryan

With that logic, ANY unit killing ANY enemy is "stealing a kill." Unless you decide not to use any archers, nomads, or long-range units at all...it isn't "stealing a kill." Sorry, poor reasoning on that one. As for traits...what, exactly?

Poor base durability, no enemy phase, heavily growth reliant. These two posts could explain it better than I can.

Castor > Ryan

Castor has worse availability than Ryan. :P Edited by Just call me AL

Poor base durability, no enemy phase. These two posts could explain it better than I can.

Yeah...no. Those posts take it all waaay out of proportion lol. Pretty much every unit has starting stats like that, that's why you have to train them and level them up. As far as archers go, Wil and Rebecca are very solid.

Castor has worst availability than Ryan. :P

Availability isn't everything :P

Pretty much every unit has starting stats like that.

Sounds to me that you've never tried for anything like Ranks.

Availability isn't everything :P

There's plenty of units out there that were ruined by their lack of availability. Like Nino.

Honestly, Briggid's the Pent of archers, so she deserves to win if we're doing best archers, but we're not.

Hunter Ryan doesn't solve the problem of his low bases, all it does is improve his move a little. I find more use for Gordin than he because Lubatic is unforgiving, and at least Gordin can chip better.

Also, you speak of Wil and Rebecca as growth reliant, when Ryan is probably the most growth reliant out of all of them.

Briggid +1

Faval +1

Ryan -2

Jeorge -2

Edited by momogeek2141

There's plenty of units out there that were ruined by their lack of availability. Like Nino.

And then there are those like Wendy, who may have the availability but stink way too much to make mush use of it.

Sounds to me that you've never tried for anything like Ranks.

The only thing I haven't done in FE7 is complete the entirety of the support logs :P

This is true.

Hunter Ryan doesn't solve the problem of his low bases, all it does is improve his move a little. I find more use for Gordin than he because Lunatic is unforgiving, and at least Gordin can chip better.

Doesn't Gordin have less long-term use than his bro, though? I mean, judging from their averages, Ryan doesn't seem like he'll have any problems catching up. And before long, he'll end up passing Gordin. I imagine that's at least part of why Gordin is ranked (far) lower than his bro on both of the tier lists this site has for FE12. Edited by Just call me AL