The Ultimate Fire Emblem Camus Archetype! (starts at post #4100)

llee1000

Mmmmmm no :P I think it's pretty widely agreed that Sain is the better unit

Really now? I've always found Kent better and I've played FE:7 countless times. Maybe I'm biased.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kent is such a boring character to me. He also lacks the Strength and Speed that Sain has.

I personally like Kent's character better. I prefer the more loyal and serious characters over the laidback and flirtatious ones. And isn't Kent supposed to have higher speed then Sain? His speed was always higher than Sain's.

Cain 14

Luke 3

Sirius 9

Finn 11

Brighton 13

Felgus 13

Marcus 8

Alan 27

Lance 30

Percival 20

Sain 9

Kent 13

Isadora 8

Franz 13

Titania 12

Oscar 15

Astrid 10

Geoffrey 10

I personally like Kent's character better. I prefer the more loyal and serious characters over the laidback and flirtatious ones. And isn't Kent supposed to have higher speed then Sain? His speed was always higher than Sain's.

Yeah, but Sain's funny. He even gets Kent to admit that he has a crush on Lyn. You can find Kent's personality in almost every FE game, sometimes multiple of those types of characters.

I was probably screwed in Speed then. Or maybe his Strength was so low that the Speed wasn't too much of a help. I only remember him getting HP and Skill. Kent beats Sain in Skill (by a lot) but there's only so much you can do with a Cavalier's Skill.

Cain 14

Luke 1

Sirius 9

Finn 10

Brighton 11

Felgus 14

Marcus 8

Alan 27

Lance 30

Percival 20

Sain 10

Kent 13

Isadora 8

Franz 13

Titania 12

Oscar 15

Astrid 9

Geoffrey 10

Cain 16
Sirius 10
Finn 10
Brighton 11
Felgus 14
Marcus 8
Alan 27
Lance 28
Percival 20
Sain 8
Kent 12
Isadora 6
Franz 11
Titania 14
Oscar 14
Astrid 9
Geoffrey 10

Yeah, but Sain's funny. He even gets Kent to admit that he has a crush on Lyn. You can find Kent's personality in almost every FE game, sometimes multiple of those types of characters.

I was probably screwed in Speed then. Or maybe his Strength was so low that the Speed wasn't too much of a help. I only remember him getting HP and Skill. Kent beats Sain in Skill (by a lot) but there's only so much you can do with a Cavalier's Skill.

True that Kent's can be found everywhere. But I just like Kent better for some reason.

Or maybe it's because I find Kent sexier.

I agree that Kent does have strength issues, but I never found that to be a big problem for me. For me, Sain missed quite a bit because of his lower skill. Also, because I got RNG screwed with hits.

Edited by llee1000

Cain 16
Sirius 10
Finn 8
Brighton 11
Felgus 14
Marcus 8
Alan 27
Lance 28
Percival 20
Sain 6
Kent 12
Isadora 7
Franz 12

Titania 14
Oscar 14
Astrid 9
Geoffrey 10

Edited by Lopey

Cain 16

Sirius 10
Finn 8
Brighton 11
Felgus 14
Marcus 8
Alan 25
Lance 26
Percival 20
Sain 7
Kent 12
Isadora 7
Franz 12
Titania 14
Oscar 15
Astrid 9
Geoffrey 10

I agree that Kent does have strength issues, but I never found that to be a big problem for me. For me, Sain missed quite a bit because of his lower skill. Also, because I got RNG screwed with hits.

Well, Kent is supposed to be pretty good in terms of skill, and his strength is supposed to be better as well. Now, I think there's a reason Sain is generally better than Kent though. One is that Kent's advantage in speed is less than Sain's advantage and strength and defense, and while speed is good, strength and defense together are probably a little better. In addition, since the enemies aren't all that strong, accuracy isn't much of an issue and Sain's still fast enough to double a lot of the time (as well as having a hit boosting support), providing you aren't speed screwed. So, while both he and Kent can hit and double enemies, Sain deals more damage per hit and can take more in retaliation.

Both are good enough though. In terms of personality, I don't really prefer one over the other though. Yeah, there are a lot of guys like Kent, but there's also a lot of guys like Sain (i.e Gatrie and Virion). Sain can be funny, but I also think he's a little...too much without being so over the top he's funny. Kent, while he can be bland, is more respectable and I kind of relate to/am amused by his getting annoyed at Sain's antics.

Cain 16

Sirius 10
Finn 7
Brighton 9
Felgus 15
Marcus 8
Alan 25
Lance 27
Percival 20
Sain 6
Kent 11
Isadora 8
Franz 8
Titania 13
Oscar 13
Astrid 8
Geoffrey 10

Geoffrey's the ignored one this time around

Because he's cool.

IIRC Sain always beat Kent in Strength.

I agree with everything else you said though.

Oh, right, it is, significantly, I think I meant speed there.

Cain 14

Sirius 10

Finn 1

Brighton 9

Felgus 13

Marcus 8

Alan 26

Lance 28

Percival 20

Sain 6

Kent 11

Isadora 6

Franz 8

Titania 14

Oscar 15

Astrid 8

Geoffrey 10

In making this, I've realized I don't really have a favorite cavalier.