Teach me how to quickscope grima

lpmeteora27

Sup. Just joined. Not much else. I doubt I'll bring much to the community that isn't already here.

Awakening is my first Fire Emblem and I really dig it; It certainly won't be my last.

I rlly wanna 360 noscope grima if thats cool w/u guys i am noob show me how to dougie and i wanna be a real boy

Welcome to the forest! Make sure you play the other FEs you've missed, since you said the newest one(currently)was your first. Of course, just the ones you're most interested in unless you really want to play them all :)

I'd say Sacred Stones is probably the closest? It's the 8th entry in the series and the last to be released on GBA. It has a world map and stuff, but it's really easy, probably the easiest one in the series. I'd say go play FE7 (Blazing Sword) or FE9 (Path of Radiance).

Oh really? Well I actually liked Awakening because it was so tough the first time I played it. Over 40 hours coming out of my 1st play through on Normal-Classic and it felt so rewarding to complete it. I mean now it's easy af, but when I had only a slight concept of what I was doing the entire experience was incredible.

What do you think the best one for a GBA would be?

And thanks for the reply Reason. (Or, as your sig says, Draco?)

Dragoncat what other games would you suggest?

Which ones have the better tactical challenges and/or a bare some resemblance to Awakening?

Everyone else answered the second question better than I could.

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn kick butt, they're pretty different from Awakening but totally worth checking out. They feature a wide variety of chapter win standards, where as Awakening tends to just have "defeat all enemies" or "defeat boss", they add "survive for x amount of turns", "escape before turn x", etc. Play PoR first, I like RD more but they have to be played in that order because story.

For an equal challenge on GBA- Sacred Stones

For a harder challenge- Blazing sword (also on wii u virtual console)

For a REAL challenge- Binding Blade/Sword of Seals.

If you want something tougher than Awakening, Blazing Sword is your best bet. Don't go too crazy. Normal Awakening is one of the easiest in the series, but it's good to see you played on classic, that'll help prepare you.

Good luck (and personally I recommend Sacred Stones first before Blazing Sword, your call)~

Oh okay, gotcha. Blazing Sword it is.

I had heard Awakening was the easiest. I suppose it was tough for me since I was new to the franchise and didn't know how anything worked, I just sorta jumped in. And yeah, honestly I couldn't imagine playing it any other way. Classic just gave the game so much more intensity and it immersed me so much more. Losing someone that I really cared about always hit me hard. Losing someone that was married and had kids hit me harder. Not seeing them invite me to lunch in the barracks every so often when I checked in gave me goosebumps. Attacking with sheer confidence, missing at 85% hit and realizing how much shit I was in. Aggressively moving a unit too far into the enemy range and watching with horror as they're jumped and taken down. Even trying desperately to rescue my wife Anna, whom I'd placed into the enemies line of fire, and putting 4 to 5 other units at risk in the process. I had to live with my mistakes and face the consequences. I loved the human aspect of the game. Creating my own experiences with the system it gave me was what impressed me and that's what drove it to be one of, if not my absolute favorite, games of all time.

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn kick butt, they're pretty different from Awakening but totally worth checking out. They feature a wide variety of chapter win standards, where as Awakening tends to just have "defeat all enemies" or "defeat boss", they add "survive for x amount of turns", "escape before turn x", etc. Play PoR first, I like RD more but they have to be played in that order because story.

I also heard that and it kinda bummed me out. Why were those objectives were left out of Awakening?

It never got repetitive for me, but including varying objectives every other match would have been refreshing to say the least.

You know, resetting when someone dies is like the norm. Gets frustrating but yeah...

But I let people go a lot when I first started FE too, so you're good.

Thanks.

@Dragoncat

That's not for me. I'd rather just play and accept the consequences of my mistakes. It's rare that games will actually punish you for screwing up. Most of the time it's a slap on the wrist but here it's people dying. Permanently dying. Being gone forever, it's such a thrilling concept for story driven games. I love it and playing without it makes the game a lot less special for me.

I mean when I first played I wasn't going for the optimal setups and stuff haha. It was just all about the story. I cared what I was doing and was there to see it through to the end. Plus I took my time on thge battles to try and achieve the best strategy; I'm not going to willingly toss out an hour or two of dedicated thinking because of a screw up I made, I'll just let it haunt me forever! :)