Marriage

Marriage  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this game will have marriage?

2. 2. Do you want this game to have marriage?

3. 3. How should it be handled?

FEA's problem is romantic supports always end in marriage. It is linear. It is predictable. It is restrictive. And it is boring!

Broship, platonic friendships, and the romantic fluffy sparkly long-lasting romantic confessions are the best!

I have high hopes for romance this time. Because the writers aren't restricted to shoehorning every romantic confession to marriage.

I'm sure all of u guys agree with me here :)

Definitely, this.

There's far more intricacy to human relationships than Awakening offered. I liked it, but I agree it was definitely restrictive.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see the point of having marriage in the credit, the whole point of marriage is seeing the units interacting with their spouses in the game. It extremely not satisfying if all we get is some sentence saying "these two got married... blablabla" and nothing else.

That`s kind of true, but the spouses didn`t interact much in Awakening (aside from event tiles and the scramble conversations). I would definetly like it if marriage returns that they have the spouses interact more. In the end, it`s up to IS weather or not marriage will return and how it will work.

I loved the children and the hereditary skills system, but the actual "marriage" system needed some work. Like others have said, it's a little bit forced and not that "fleshed out". I love character interaction, so I think I'd like it to return, but I'd like it to be improved!

That`s kind of true, but the spouses didn`t interact much in Awakening (aside from event tiles and the scramble conversations). I would definetly like it if marriage returns that they have the spouses interact more. In the end, it`s up to IS weather or not marriage will return and how it will work.

Awakening was a huge step up through, I really want IS to improve upon it. IS must be brain dead if they won't bring back one of the most popular feature on Awakening.

Awakening was a huge step up through, I really want IS to improve upon it. IS must be brain dead if they won't bring back one of the most popular feature on Awakening.

They're bringing back plenty of popular things from Awakening. They made a whole separate game they say is "for those who prefer Awakening". At some point we can allow them to not force everything in if it's not appropriate for the game, I think. And focusing on marriage when this game is about the avatar's family falls into that. It would be a shame if they compromised their vision and made the fact Kamui is related to a lot of characters disappear so he can marry them. Not to mention these games seem to take the fact there's an invasion/revolution going on a bit more seriously, so it would be weird for all the characters to get married in the middle of it.

If you ask me changing the way S supports label partners to better fit the narrative within the more user friendly support system from Awakening would be a step up.

They're bringing back plenty of popular things from Awakening. They made a whole separate game they say is "for those who prefer Awakening". At some point we can allow them to not force everything in if it's not appropriate for the game, I think. And focusing on marriage when this game is about the avatar's family falls into that. It would be a shame if they compromised their vision and made the fact Kamui is related to a lot of characters disappear so he can marry them. Not to mention these games seem to take the fact there's an invasion/revolution going on a bit more seriously, so it would be weird for all the characters to get married in the middle of it.

If you ask me changing the way S supports label partners to better fit the narrative within the more user friendly support system from Awakening would be a step up

True, I don`t want Hoshido to become Awakening 2.0 after all. I don`t see why they would change one of the main themes just for marriage, but I can see that happening (I hope it doesn`t though). If it`s not appropirate for the game, it doesn`t need to be there.

You also have a point about taking the invasion more seriously, it would be wierd for characters to get married with all this shit going down ( "I know that an invasion is going on, but I love you. Let`s get married" "Sure, let`s do it" That would be a severe kick in the nads to thier comrades).

The way I see it right now, two characters could only get married if it goes along with the plot (like how Chrom had to get married at the end of chapter 11). This idea of yours sounds cool. I won`t mind if marriage isn`t in the game (though it would probably bug me).

If you ask me changing the way S supports label partners to better fit the narrative within the more user friendly support system from Awakening would be a step up.

I don't care for non-pairing supports, they can change the labeling for whatever hell they want. Cockblocking me from Aqua though, I will go apeshit.

I don't care for non-pairing supports, they can change the labeling for whatever hell they want. Cockblocking me from Aqua though, I will go apeshit.

I wouldn`t go apeshit, but I would be pissed of if I can`t marry Aqua. I have a feeling that we can`t marry her since she`s a princess of Nohr and Kamui was raised in Nohr, I hope we can marry her though (if marriage returns that is). Fingers crossed, but I won`t hold my breath.

You could always write fanfiction

That is an option, though I don`t think there will be as many of those two as there will be for Female Kamui and Ryoma/Marx or even Male Kamui and Camilla.

That is an option, though I don`t think there will be as many of those two as there will be for Female Kamui and Ryoma/Marx or even Male Kamui and Camilla.

Female Kamui and Camilla is the best option.

I love how we will all know soon enough… :)

And have 6months+ to discuss, to spoil and then the inevitable wait…

However I am firmly in the belief, after analysing the trailer, that Camilla and the Avatar will have some sort of romantic thing going on. I am willing to bet that this is true.

I think this is the best option. We can see the relationship grow and how the two interact with each other. If something more develops after the war, we'll know in the epilogue.

IS allows S-Supports, but only in the third path, which consists of Kamui (and maybe Aqua) secretly pairing together everyone from opposing sides, dissolving the war by uniting the two countries through political marriages (and resulting alliances). It'll be just like Awakening, but playing matchmaker for political reasons instead of eugenics.

And then in the end Kamui uses his/her manakete status to get married to Nosferatu, ending the monster threat.

FEA's problem is romantic supports always end in marriage. It is linear. It is predictable. It is restrictive. And it is boring!

Broship, platonic friendships, and the romantic fluffy sparkly long-lasting romantic confessions are the best!

I have high hopes for romance this time. Because the writers aren't restricted to shoehorning every romantic confession to marriage.

I'm sure all of u guys agree with me here :)

You Guys know that the storywriter of fire emblem if is Shin Kibayashi, right? Which is the storywriter of fatal frame and some other mangas. And i hope that Shin Kibayashi also the one who makes the dialogues.

Well I hope the dialogue is much better than Awakening.

Looking at the concept Art for Camille and Hinoka makes me sad since if we do get marriage they are off-limits. Such a shame...

Well, there's always Rinka....

Many share your opinion. Even in the old games Marriage/Lovers pairings always were the most popular.

Though I do hope that there will be some Different Gender/Non-Sibling Supports that only end at A.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Why not? Clearly there are other characters

Hoshido already revealed 4 other women (Swordswoman(?), Dancer(?), Kunoichi and Oni) and 1 dude (Ninja) already exclusive to the route.

Both routes also get Butlers, Maids, a Ninja and a Great Knight who follow Kamui regardless of Route.

So there are already other options thus having siblings wouldn't mean zero lover options.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

I don't think IS would have made some of the girls close relatives to the player character if there was marriage.

Eh. In most of the games the 'main' character hasn't been allowed to marry everyone but still could get romance endings. Eliwood could only get romance with Lyn, Ninian, and Fiora. Hector could only marry Lyn, Florina, or Farina. Lyn could only get a romantic ending with Eliwood, Hector, (Florina), Rath or Kent.

Like that's for main characters, just a handful of romances at the most.

Would it be weird if my Avatar marry Marx?

Not compared to marrying Ryouma. You are his adoptive sister so there's no blood relation unlike with Ryouma, but there is the fact that you've grown up with Marx so the weirdness balances out.

Edited by almi23

that wouldn't be fair

I dunno. Kamui is related to all of them, but Ryouma isn't any way related to Marx.

Besides I'm sure there'll be some completely unrelated characters that become fandom favorites. Kamui can have a couple of them.

I dunno. Kamui is related to all of them, but Ryouma isn't any way related to Marx.

Besides I'm sure there'll be some completely unrelated characters that become fandom favorites. Kamui can have a couple of them.

well hentai exists so we can still our incest pairs anyway.