Commando Class

Think of it as getting a second Freyr, Oguma, or somebody else like that. Actually, I have no clue how they work, but having a second Oguma is always grand.

If you want another good hero, use Caesar or something. Chainey doesn't have high survivability because his HP stat is not changed when he copies a unit.

What's the point of Chainey if there is Class Swap?

If you have an awesome character, Chainy lets you have a second one.

Also, Chainy's HP isn't exactly a problem. Just have him mimic a character with range, and you won't have to worry about him taking damage. Or you could just give him some angelic robes.

How does it even fucking work?

He changes into a clone of one of your characters.

So if one of your characters got extremely blessed and maxed all stats he would be useful.

The only thing he doesn't copy is HP IIRC.

Edited by Hikarusa

Someone said he does revert after a few turns in the remake, and I though I remembered seeing his HP also clone over during a duplication of another character :/ Could be wrong though: never used the guy myself. If I did, it'd be to clone Jake or Becks.

So if I had Oguma with "max stats" Chainy will copy those stats, excluding HP, also turning him into another but more fragile Oguma?

That's right. Although he doesn't gain any experience from fighting while transformed. At least that's how it worked in the SFC version. >_>

He copies Max HP so if you're planning on using a fortify to end a turn or can use a recover on him, his HP isn't much of an issue. I was able to beat chapter 23 and kill Garnef in 2 (or 3 turns) by having him act as Marich's second attack (since Marich couldn't double). Chainey's a great utility unit, so what if he's got low HP? There's characters with equally low hp and you use em anyway.

Edited by ThunderMan

• 2 weeks later...
That's right. Although he doesn't gain any experience from fighting while transformed. At least that's how it worked in the SFC version. >_>

He gets experience from doing anything they can do (in Shin).

However the calculations are the same as their level/class.

So if he mimics a Sage he gains less EXP healing than as a Priest.