First time playing Blazing Sword.

IceBrand

well it depends if you want to do a ranking run or not.

if so, focus on the ranking stuff, everything there is self explanatory enough, exp is how much exp you've squeezed out of the game, survival is how many people didn't die, etc etc.

the only two semi complex ones are tactics (if i am right) which is how many turns you've taken, and funds which is how many items you didn't make use of(with promotion items and gems being really valuable to not use/sell for the funds ranking)

You could sell Gems and buy things with the Silver Card, though I think that's HHM only.

Anyway, this game is relatively easy as long as you don't throw Eliwood into a group of enemies or something. I actually am currently playing it and somehow Eliwood has 11 defense at level like 7.

Edited by Lord Raven

Until you know the general layout of each map, I'd say play normally at least one time.

It's not that hard of a game until you get to HHM, I'd say.

In normal mode ranking, you'll be focusing on Tactics and Funds. Funds because there's no Silver Card.

In hard mode ranking, EXP and Tactics. Silver Card exists here, but now you must satisfy a 6000 EXP requirement by/within Chapter 30E/32H (so 60 levels).

If it's your first time playing, I wouldn't recommend going for ranked (unless that's the way you find the game to be most entertaining, then go for it by all means). I personally find it more entertaining to just play at my own pace, build supports, and use my favorite units.

If you're interested, here's a team I built based entirely off of characters I like and supports. Beware, possible character spoilers:

The names listed in parentheses are the units with which that unit is supported with in the following format: (A support, B support).

Character affinities are given [in brackets].

Bolded characters are forced in the final chapter.

Hector [Thunder] (Florina, Eliwood)

Florina [Light] (Hector, Lyn)

Lyn [Wind] (Kent, Florina)

Kent [Anima] (Lyn, Sain)

Sain [Wind] (Priscilla, Kent)

Priscilla [Anima] (Sain, Raven)

Raven [ice] (Lucius, Priscilla)

Lucius [Light] (Raven, Serra)

Serra [Thunder] (*none*, Lucius)

Nils [ice] (none possible)

Eliwood [Anima] (Ninian, Hector)

Athos [Anima] (none possible)

Not the cleanest team, but uses most of my favorite characters.

If it's your first time playing, I wouldn't recommend going for ranked (unless that's the way you find the game to be most entertaining, then go for it by all means). I personally find it more entertaining to just play at my own pace, build supports, and use my favorite units.

If you're interested, here's a team I built based entirely off of characters I like and supports. Beware, possible character spoilers:

The names listed in parentheses are the units with which that unit is supported with in the following format: (A support, B support).

Character affinities are given [in brackets].

Bolded characters are forced in the final chapter.

Hector [Thunder] (Florina, Eliwood)

Florina [Light] (Hector, Lyn)

Lyn [Wind] (Kent, Florina)

Kent [Anima] (Lyn, Sain)

Sain [Wind] (Priscilla, Kent)

Priscilla [Anima] (Sain, Raven)

Raven [ice] (Lucius, Priscilla)

Lucius [Light] (Raven, Serra)

Serra [Thunder] (*none*, Lucius)

Nils [ice] (none possible)

Eliwood [Anima] (Ninian, Hector)

Athos [Anima] (none possible)

Not the cleanest team, but uses most of my favorite characters.

Hector (Thunder) [A Eliwood]

Eliwood (Anima) [A Hector]

Marcus (Marcus) [A Marcus]

Lyn (Wind) [A Bench]

Florina (Flow) [None]

Serra (Thunder) [None]

Raven [None]

Pent [A Wife]

Nils

Athos

Sain

Kent