2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 2nd place last year and I'm feeling cocky this year lol. Owning ODB should be plenty enough if anyone was going to pick up players from Giants, Manning too but everybody else from NYG sucks ass. No way in hell I'm getting Top 3 this year with my fantasy team.

I heard Devin Hester is going on the Ravens, dude is going to play insane in Baltimore (I hope).

Fuck your Ravens, Raven.

I was wondering for a moment why you just said that even though I hate the Ravens, and now I think I see why. Hope my Steelers' special teams are prepared for Devin Hester in a Ravens uniform. -_-

Fuck that indeed. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I was wondering for a moment why you just said that even though I hate the Ravens, and now I think I see why. Hope my Steelers' special teams are prepared for Devin Hester in a Ravens uniform. -_-

Fuck that indeed. xP

No, it's because we're playing them Week 1.

I heard Devin Hester is going on the Ravens, dude is going to play insane in Baltimore (I hope).

Dude's like 30+ years old and relied on his speed his whole career. I don't think he will do well.

Dude's like 30+ years old and relied on his speed his whole career. I don't think he will do well.

You aren't wrong there, he's old for a WR but I won't doubt him till I see him play a few games.

Yeah, he's 33 years old, and he's no Randy Moss. The thing is that the Ravens are taking him on purely as a KR/PR because Michael Campanaro is injured and we've really got no one else. As a WR he'd be very very low on the depth chart below Perriman, Smith Sr., Wallace, and Aiken, and we never EVER run 5 WR sets because we'd rather have a Tight End (which we are pretty deep in) than a fifth WR.

Having that said, his 2014 season was nothing special, but I guess it helps to have someone with experience. I don't expect anything from him.

No, it's because we're playing them Week 1.

Oh. :P Well that works too.

And yeah, Devin Hester is getting up there in years, but the fact that he holds the record for the most return TDs in NFL history still makes me want our special teams to be cautious. xP

Ugggh, nooooo. Bud Dupree is on IR now and out for at least most of the season. Damn it, I really wanted to see him break out this season! This sucks! :(

But on another topic, the Ravens cut Forsett and now all of a sudden re-sign him? Wtf is that? xP

And on another topic, I agree with Obama when he said Kaepernick has a constitutional right to do what he did about the national anthem, even if I don't agree with his actions. He does have a right and people can dislike and hate him for it for all I care, but he has rights just like all of us. This is what's wrong with this country, we keep hating on others because of differing views. I still completely disagree with what he's doing, but he's not actually hurting anybody, is he? He's just SITTING DOWN instead of STANDING, a peaceful protest. Yeah, it's not respectful to do that during the national anthem, but it doesn't really affect anybody but him. People need to leave him alone and just ignore it if they don't like it.

This is also coming from someone that was never a fan of Obama (the only good thing about him to me is that he's generally nice and likes the Steelers).

Bills look like a mess but I'll be frustrated if Rex gets fired at the end of the season with a record of 8-8.

As for Kaep, meh. I just think that he should have done it during Week 1 of the preseason rather than Week 3. Week 3 makes me think that he was worried about being cut and wanted an excuse if he did ("I got cut for my political opinions").

I find the Forsett situation kind of funny. This is how I feel like it played out:

GM: "Sorry Forsett, we're gonna cut you. It's tough man, we want to keep you, but other players will go through waivers and you won't. It just has to be this way man."

Forsett: "Alright, well i-"

GM: "Don't worry we'll hire you back on Tuesday, we'll even give you a 100k for complying. So, just chill with your wife or something."

Man being a NFL Player must be the fucking dream. You get 100k for getting fired.

All right Week 1 picks:

Panthers @ Broncos- I don't really trust Trevor Siemian to win in his debut against a top tier team like the Panthers.

Bills @ Ravens- I'm really not sure about either of these teams. They both have significant talent but already have some injuries. Going with the home team.

Packers @ Jaguars- As much as I'd like to see the Jags win their home opener, it's hard to see them on the same level as the Packers.

Chargers @ Chiefs- Chargers are probably not as bad as their record last year, but the Chiefs can actually run the ball and play pretty good defense. And they're at home.

Raiders @ Saints- I'll buy into the Raiders hype at least a bit for now. The Saints have Brees but their defense still probably sucks, same old Saints really.

Bears @ Texans- Was considering the Bears with Watt out, but he'll probably play which makes the Texans the better team defensively by a wide margin.

Browns @ Eagles- I don't have a lot of confidence in the Eagles starting a rookie QB, but their D-Line should be good. And they're playing the Browns.

Vikings @ Titans- Titans have been unusually good in recent openers (2-0 in openers, 3-27 in other games over the past two years). Vikings QB situation is in transition. I think the Vikings are the better team, but will still lose here.

Bucs @ Falcons- The Falcons pass rush still sucks, but they should be able to put up a good number of points. The Bucs aren't terrible, but I'll go with the home team here.

Bengals @ Jets- I think the Bengals are just the more talented team here overall.

Dolphins @ Seahawks- Seahawks at home against a sketchy Dolphins team is an easy pick.

Giants @ Cowboys- The Cowobys are big on Dak Prescott, but he'll probably need to win in a shootout here given the Giants WRs and the Cowboys D. I'll give the more experienced QB the edge here.

Lions @ Colts- Lots of questions here- how will the Lions offense look without Calvin Johnson? Were the Colts' issues last year caused by Luck's injuries or is the roster lacking? Going with the home team I suppose.

Patriots @ Cardinals- I'm not sure I'd pick any team to go into Arizona and win and the lack of Brady just seals the deal.

Steelers @ Redskins- Redskins didn't beat a winning team last year. Steelers don't have Bell, but based on last year that doesn't slow them down much.

Rams @ Niners- I don't have much confidence in the Rams offense, but at least they can run the ball and have a good D-Line. I dunno what the Niners have going for them.

Yeah, if De-Lo plays like he did last year, no worries about lacking Bell for three games. He was awesome! Best off-season signing this Steelers team ever did!

I still would rather Bell actually stay healthy this time too though, because in addition to the fact that two awesome RBs are better than one, DeAngelo Williams is still 34 and kind of old. We don't know if he can keep the same momentum he had last year.

I'd make week 1 picks myself, but I typically don't do that because I haven't seen these updated teams play yet and that makes it harder to judge them.

Edited by Anacybele

Football's back!

I'm getting -3 for Carolina and 41 Over/Under on Bet365. Gotta take Carolina for the spread and the underline here.

Siemians is too new and I don't think he'll do too much. Carolina 24, Denver 16.

Good football through 1. Impressed by Siemians on the whole (pick was a rookie mistake) but he's driving well for the most part. Not the most accurate passer I've seen though.

Carolina's defense not named Luke Kuechly or Thomas Davis forgot how to tackle. >_>

Those turnovers were sweet tho. lol And awesome welcome back to Kelvin Benjamin to get the first TD of the game. ^^

I do admit, though, Siemian already looks way better than old man Peyton.

Edited by Anacybele

Anyone want to sum up the first half for me? I just got home.

Siemians looks solid aside from a bad pick, Cam's playing well (broke a few records held by Steve Young) and Kelvin Benjamin is a beast.

Denver just can't stop the misdirection plays. Ginn Jr. picked up like 20 on a reverse early. Carolina is too good.

Oh and Tyrod got his own commercial. THAT'S MY QB, BABY!

Edited by Right Wing Nut Job