When you look at someone how do you judge them?

It just makes me uncomfortable, geez.

I'm not necessarily disavowing you of that, but it's kind of silly to judge someone on that and it's something you should probably get into the habit of relaxing yourself about.

Sorry, too much real talk?

Edited by Utsuho Reiuji

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try not to, really

I'm not perfect so certain thoughts based on social conditioning do happen but then I think to myself "nope loomi das bad"

Unless they literally broadcast prejudice and bigotry on their clothes or something then I'm gonna judge away

Oh gods why.

Utsuho is a cool character and all (and a really fun boss) but...

Why is this even an issue, anyway? If it makes me uncomfortable, it makes me uncomfortable...

If you want the real talk, here's the real talk.

It's not an issue unless you make it one, or in other words, it's your choice to be offended by their choices. It reflects rather poorly on you if you'd judge someone based on their dress choices, especially since it's something that's so... well, irrelevant. Harmless. It hurts no one. If you'd judge someone on something that they do of their own volition that doesn't hurt you or anyone else, that's entirely on you.

It's not wrong to feel uncomfortable. That's human. That's fine. However, I recommend you do your absolute best to work through it, because I think it's a legitimate personal flaw if you're letting it affect your opinion of people.

Based on whether or not they are wearing sexualized clothing.

If they are, they don't leave a good first impression.

tumblr_nlhbd2oxwP1tdy0nco1_500.gif

It just makes me uncomfortable, geez.

Human bodies make you uncomfortable? Woe betide you, small one.

Human bodies make you uncomfortable? Woe betide you, small one.

I want to point out that this isn't necessarily the point I'm making and you shouldn't feel threatened by my comments, lest I be misinterpreted and my attempt to help fall flat.

If you want the real talk, here's the real talk.

It's not an issue unless you make it one, or in other words, it's your choice to be offended by their choices. It reflects rather poorly on you if you'd judge someone based on their dress choices, especially since it's something that's so... well, irrelevant. Harmless. It hurts no one. If you'd judge someone on something that they do of their own volition that doesn't hurt you or anyone else, that's entirely on you.

It's not wrong to feel uncomfortable. That's human. That's fine. However, I recommend you do your absolute best to work through it, because I think it's a legitimate personal flaw if you're letting it affect your opinion of people.

It's mainly an issue with first impressions I get. If I speak to them and they're nice, I can look past it. The topic title says "When you look at someone" implying first impressions based on appearance. And if it's a first impression that's making me uncomfortable, it's not a very good one.

It's mainly an issue with first impressions I get. If I speak to them and they're nice, I can look past it. The topic title says "When you look at someone" implying first impressions based on appearance. And if it's a first impression that's making me uncomfortable, it's not a very good one.

Alright, then let's analyze this. What about sexualized clothing actually makes you feel like someone is going to be problematic? What makes it worthy of judgment?

I want to point out that this isn't necessarily the point I'm making and you shouldn't feel threatened by my comments, lest I be misinterpreted and my attempt to help fall flat.

tumblr_nm8tm4YsFl1sns2mdo1_250.gif

Kinda feel like adults in today's society should have moved past this by now. Alas, earwax, eh?

what point are you even trying to make with unironic reaction gifs here

utsuho is legitimately trying to help and you're just undermining her, lol

Kinda feel like adults in today's society should have moved past this by now. Alas, earwax, eh?

Everyone is merely a combination of their genetics and their upbringing and experiences. No one is, at the end of the day, responsible for simply not having the mindset or the perspective to understand that it's a thing to be moved past. But that's why we're here to share these things instead of attacking each other for them, no?

Everyone is merely a combination of their genetics and their upbringing and experiences. No one is, at the end of the day, responsible for simply not having the mindset or the perspective to understand that it's a thing to be moved past. But that's why we're here to share these things instead of attacking each other for them, no?

I tend to blame upbringing and a desire to not evolve as a human being for such things. Especially in adulthood. It brings me to another point: Why so many twenty-somethings so...well....act like teenagers. Im not sure i get that. Just something i noticed. Adolescence is lasting a helluva lot longer than it has (and should).

w-whoa

Lack of desire to grow up, I guess? Nothin' wrong with having a little fun every now and then. ...it is weird when it's almost constant though

Edited by Dracocoa

I tend to blame upbringing and a desire to not evolve as a human being for such things. Especially in adulthood. It brings me to another point: Why so many twenty-somethings so...well....act like teenagers. Im not sure i get that. Just something i noticed. Adolescence is lasting a helluva lot longer than it has (and should).

You're missing my point entirely. Adolescence means a different thing to different people. You can't blame someone for not growing up as if your meaning of 'growing up' is the tried-and-true definition, because you still sure as hell have flaws that they may well have gotten over in the same way that they have flaws that you did. It's not worth identifying as a thing, simply a waste of time and a good way to marginalize someone so that it's all that much harder for them to improve.

Edited by Utsuho Reiuji

Alright, then let's analyze this. What about sexualized clothing actually makes you feel like someone is going to be problematic? What makes it worthy of judgment?

It kinda makes me worry about lifestyle, ya know? I guess when I see it I think that they're, well, you know... Like they're dressing like that for, um, I can't really think of a nice way to put this...

It kinda makes me worry about lifestyle, ya know? I guess when I see it I think that they're, well, you know... Like they're dressing like that for, um, I can't really think of a nice way to put this...

What if they enjoy it, and other people enjoy it, and it contributes to the overall well-being and self-confidence of those people? And, honestly, what about a particularly sexualized lifestyle is so worrying?