Playing match-maker

Well lucky for you there's been a bit of that in every fire emblem to come out of the us (that wasn't a remake of an old one).

Now, compared to awakening there were generally far less options. And they tended to be restricted to the younger characters, with only some people having romance endings, but still there was usually a good handful of characters you could play matchmaker with.

Playing Matchmaker is fun and all, but I'd rather just see strong character development unfold, the systems in Awakening created these forced relationships that I'm pretty sure won't be returning and we'll be seeing more platonic S ranks.

That was my favourite aspect of Awakening and I hope I can do the same for IF. I would love to see the characters I do battle with, share meal and bed with find their own happiness, joy and love!

:D

Fun as it was, I wouldn't hold your breath too much for Awakening's waifu system to return. The FE series likes to switch things up. Prior to Awakening, the children/marriage system was absent since FE4 in 1996. The world map has been traverse-able in only 3 of 13 games. The series creates, perfects, and then tosses ideas all the time.

That said, some degree of support conversations are present in basically every FE game, which means we will almost definitely be able to build bonds between units and unlock paired endings to some extent. So that's got you covered. Just don't expect to be able to marry practically everyone in the game. The options will probably be more limited this time, especially since the scriptwriters are already writing three campaigns at the same time.

Edited by Ragnell

Supports are practically a series staple by now. If there are paired endings, there will be romantic paired endings in some way, shape or form. You may not be able to matchmake anyone with anyone, but you may be able to choose pairings within a smaller pool.

I'd be happy to see supports return to a GBA/FE9 format. As amusing as it is having waifu-wars, I feel that it results is shoddier writing.

I'd be happy to see supports return to a GBA/FE9 format. As amusing as it is having waifu-wars, I feel that it results is shoddier writing.

Same, I still currently playing SD (read: The only one without support convos) but I've seen some of the Awakening supports in videos and read some of the supports from the GBA games, and honestly, a lot of the Awakening "romantic" supports are really cringy. Female Robin and Chrom literally has them both walking in on each other and then Female Robin throws shit at Chrom until BAM! Marriage. And then I read stuff like this and I find most of that, while some of them not that well done (Not particularly a fan of the one with Lyn), still only seems mediocre to me, and the one with Ninian is quite well done, and I find their ending to be more sweet than bitter.

Yeah. Some of it really is cringey. But I liked pairing random characters together in awakening, for example VirionxNowi (which is practically my OTP by now) and LucinaxYarne (is that even possible? 0-0) and seeing their interactions. The way most characters could marry random, random people was really amusing. And it was nice when I discovered funny or amusing supports, but really horible when I found absolute pieces of crap. So the whole everyone can marry everyone was a kind of mixed blessing.

It will be awkward playing matchmaker for your siblings.

Are you kidding me? It's going to be hilarious.

"Hey Sakura, you're a shy, adorable, typical innocent anime little sister, right? How about you hook up with this ninja with anger management issues?"

"Hey Sakura, you're a shy, adorable, typical innocent anime little sister, right? How about you hook up with this ninja with anger management issues?"

"Hey, Sakura, you love your onee-sama, right? How about we... er, go out for taiyaki?"

...Please allow us to waif family. Please. Even Nohrian family.

"Hey Takumi, As a sign of trust, you wanna marry my maid?"

Edited by Soapbar

I just really hope I can romance Cyrus,also...

Gaston (mr. Brave Hero) x Elise, >_> If that's a thing,I swear to god,it will be my crackship,just because of the hilarity.

Also,I wish romance returns just so we can all play matchmaker extraordinaries,but that they don't get married on the spot,I'd prefer it if they married after the war between Hoshido and Nohr.

Edited by StarScry

"Hey Takumi, As a sign of trust, you wanna marry my maid?"

HAH! That's a good one! And Oboro leaves the party heartbroken.

Now you've got to let Ryouma marry either Elfie or Linca because they lift, which I bet he's into.

HAH! That's a good one! And Oboro leaves the party heartbroken.

Oboro: Hey Marx can I join your side

Marx: Really, I thought you were super racist

Oboro: I still am but that maid stole my sweet heart Takumi AND SHE AND ALL ASSOCIATED WITH HER NEED TO DIE

Marx: K, you can join us.

Oboro: Hey Marx can I join your side

Marx: Really, I thought you were super racist

Oboro: I still am but that maid stole my sweet heart Takumi AND SHE AND ALL ASSOCIATED WITH HER NEED TO DIE

Marx: K, you can join us.

I sort of got the mental picture that Ryouma would invade Nohr just to find Elfie because she lifts.

Can it get any more romantic than that?

I sort of got the mental picture that Ryouma would invade Nohr just to find Elfie because she lifts.

Can it get any more romantic than that?

Ryouma: Elfie!

Elfie: Oh shit it's the enemy leadership *stab*

Ryouma: I should have thought this through some more...