Luigi's Next Game (if he gets one)?

Anacybele

Luigi's Next Game  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of game do you want everyone's favorite green-clad plumber to have next?

• A new Luigi's Mansion
    • A completely new Luigi game all together
    • Both! (eventually)

So, back in the 90s, Donkey Kong and Yoshi, two characters that debuted in Mario titles (yes, despite the title of the game being Donkey Kong, you still played as Mario, then known as Jumpman, so I don't count that as a true DK game), eventually got their own game series.

Luigi has sort of gotten his own side series too, where he wrangles ghosts in haunted mansions! It's not much of a series right now, as it only has two games, with a ten year gap between the releases. But will it continue? Or was Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (simply known as Luigi's Mansion 2 outside the US) only due to Luigi celebrating 30 years of existence? Or perhaps, could he get a completely different adventure of his own?

I thought about this since I started a new playthrough of Dark Moon (still my favorite 3DS game. <3). I would love for either one of these things to happen! Or even both! I love Luigi, I'll play anything that stars him. ^^ (except something like Mario is Missing, that just looks rubbish...)

Well, I'd probably have a love-hate relationship with a Paper Luigi game, which would honestly be a good idea given that Luigi had an off-screen adventure in the Waffle Kingdom during one of the Paper Mario games (I believe it was The Thousand-Year Door). I just fear that the story would be butchered because of Miyamoto poison. -_- (seriously, I don't get why he doesn't want a story in ANY Mario game. People loved Paper Mario's storylines. Super Paper Mario has one of the best stories ever, imo. IS likes doing story-driven games! Let them do what they love, geez...) I wasn't fond of the turn-based gameplay in the series either. I felt it tedious, long, and repetitive after awhile. But I'd also enjoy the Luigi-ness of the game. lol

I said Luigi's Mansion it has a unique enough mechanic to it to make it unique and develop more features off of it like a muliplayer and such. Think about a mode where you either suck up the other players or have a time limit and have to get as many ghosts as possible.

Maybe a remake of a Mario game sort of like New Super Luigi U, but with a 3D Platformer instead. (Super Luigi 64 maybe? He totally should've been in that game.) Though maybe since he was in the DS port, Super Luigi Sunshine might be better. And instead of F.L.U.D.D., he'd use the "Water Mode" on the Poltergust 3/5000!

I wouldn't mind that, as long as it isn't as "here's the world, have at it!" as Sunshine is. I mean, I had absolutely no clue what to do nearly 100% of the time in Sunshine. I gave up on it.

Capcom is making a Luigi's Mansion arcade game, so I think it's safe to say that Luigi will be fighting ghosts for the foreseeable future.

it has already been made. It's just an average arcade shooting style game though like Link's Crossbow Training but with the poltergeist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIykbeRujdY

Edited by kingddd

I wasn't aware it was now available to the general public, last I saw it was just in testing.

well at least there is a chance of this being ported to the Wii U so that's a prospect that can happen like Pokken Tournament.

Huh, I thought Capcom had gone bankrupt or something... But I don't want it to be some boring arcade shooter, I'd much rather have a story and normal Luigi's Mansion gameplay!

I for one would love to see Paper Luigi: The Marvelous Compass. And if it played like The Thousand Year Door, bonus points.

But I don't want it to be some boring arcade shooter, I'd much rather have a story and normal Luigi's Mansion gameplay!

Clearly you haven't played a good arcade shooter in your existence. You probably haven't even tried Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. My pity is palpable.

I thought it was funny that you have to hold a vacuum shaped peripheral to play the arcade game. And the gameplay is similar to Dark Moon, just on rails.

I'd like to see a new Luigi's Mansion for the Wii U. I'm a huge fan of the original on GameCube. I do have Dark Moon and while I love the game, I think the series would be better suited on a home console.

I for one would love to see Paper Luigi: The Marvelous Compass. And if it played like The Thousand Year Door, bonus points.

I'd love to see this, though it might give us ANOTHER princess that keeps snuffing Daisy out of things.

Actually, let's just have a game were Luigi rescues Daisy.

Edited by Power Master

Or a game where she's in an important supporting role, a la Rosalina in SMG. But either way, Daisy needs more love. :(

If Daisy ever gets a game, I'd expect it to be alongside Peach. Probably a game called "Peach and Daisy" that plays like a Mario and Luigi game.

If Daisy ever gets a game, I'd expect it to be alongside Peach. Probably a game called "Peach and Daisy" that plays like a Mario and Luigi game.

Yes! Happy to see that I'm not the ONLY one who's thought of this! ...Don't expect it to happen, though.

I was hoping that Daisy was going to be a supporting character in Dark Moon. I was really bummed out when multiplayer was just four coloured Luigis.

I'd have a love-hate relationship with this... I hate Peach with a passion, but love Daisy. >_<

I'd have a love-hate relationship with this... I hate Peach with a passion, but love Daisy. >_<

This is the only main Mario game Daisy appears in. She's about as important to the Mario universe as Waluigi. Which is to say, you could erase her from existence and neither Mario nor Luigi would bat an eye. Speaking of which, where's our Waluigi game? The only hint of it was the Waluigi emblems in World 9-8 from New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7UWKsnNcqU

(If Nintendo made an entire game as crazy as this level, I'd buy it.)

Waluigi doesn't even have a "mainline" game appearance. He was created as filler, nothing more. Daisy wasn't, since her debut was not a sport/party/kart title. This automatically makes her more important.

Edited by Anacybele

Daisy's "mainline' game is also non-canon by every account according to the developers, so no, she is not "automatically" more important than Waluigi.

And Daisy was literally created as filler too, so not even that argument holds any water.