Was Eckesachs sealed?

Paper Jam

I read somewhere that it was unknown whether or not Eckesachs had been sealed along with the rest of the legendary weapons, which seemed odd to me. The Divine Generals had as much reason to seal Eckesachs as they had to seal the rest of those weapons, and as far as I know there is no evidence that they hadn't done so.

Yeah I've always wondered that as well. Bern was aware of them being unlocked so perhaps Zephiel took it and ordered the rest to be destroyed. Although it is the Bern sword so maybe Hartmut thought it necessary to keep one of his swords considering he's the leader and send the more powerful binding blade away.

Did Zephiel want the rest of the legendary weapons destroyed, though? Why wouldn't he destroy Apocalypse and the Binding Blade in that case?

Or did he only decide to do that after Guinivere stole the Fire Emblem, without which he couldn't get to Apocalypse and the Binding Blade?

I think destroying them was a matter of keeping them out of the enemy's hands in the quickest manner possible. If they had more time I can imagine taking the tome for their own use. Then again Jahn could've asked Zephiel to destroy them so that they couldn't be used against their new dragon overlords.

And remember, the Divine Weapons were still locked away behind secondary barriers; Durandal could only be unsheathed by those of Roland's descent. Eckesachs' lock must have required being of Hartmut's descent, while Apocalypse would have a different lock altogether (otherwise Bern would've taken it well before Roy showed up).