Lego Minecraft: The Video Game (aka Lego Worlds)

Knight

Okay, not exactly, but this just came out of nowhere and it looks really interesting. I don't know much yet, it's probably really simple, but if this takes off and gets some effort and a good supply of updates, I can see this as something really cool. As someone who loves Lego, I have high hopes for this. It's a sandbox Lego game reminiscent of Minecraft.

Here's an article: http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/01/lego-worlds/

Also, vehicles and sloped terrain, that's pretty cool, and it's on Steam Early access. I haven't got it myself yet, so I don't know how good the creative or gameplay aspects are yet.

EDIT: A trailer

Edited by Knight

Lego Minecraft? I think that already exists. It's called Roblox. :smug:

It looks alright but do we really need it? Minecraft exists for building in a game and Legos exist for building stuff irl, they don't really need to be merged? They're similar enough that they can just stay seperate.

I'll admit that looks pretty cool (especially the tunnel with it), but my point still stands.

Unless they introduce more cool stuff and don't just make it a different-looking Minecraft, I'll probably stay skeptical of it.

As someone who spends tons of money to try to get the pieces needed to build his own MOCs and still ends up short, a game where I can build stuff and then interact with it in-game is a godsend. I just got this, it plays like the other Tt Lego Games as on the surface, a little faster though. It's fun just to explore the game world and I like that you unlock minifigs by encountering them in the overworld and then you can use their parts for a custom character. You can find different vehicles and animals too, it's fun to just explore. There's no survival aspect really, it's not a difficult game, but perhaps in future updates. There are enemies, but they can just be ignored unless you want to unlock their parts.

It feels like there's a lot of potential, it's really cool and I hope I can build complex things and perhaps even vehicles in the future. I haven't even explored the menus enough, maybe there already is a feature like that.

Oh, if anything, mod support will make this game perfect, 100%, 11/10.

Edited by Knight

It's Early Access and it demands I pay for it. Forgive me, but that's not Early Access. As someone who watches Jimquisition and has kept a close eye on what is on the steam store front, I am immediately skeptical of a game with the Early Access label that is paid for.