05.31.15 Nintendo Direct

Randoman

So did anyone watch or learn about all the news/updates from the Nintendo Direct yesterday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUxgnYVD_-Q

Translations courtesy of Cheesemeister3K

- Dragon Quest VIII due out in Japan on 8/27 for 5,980 yen

- Super Robot Taisen BX due out in Japan on 8/20 for 6,640 yen, UX download on sale at 3,800 through 6/30
- Tobidase! Nyanko Daisensou 3DS download for 719 yen plus tax following presentation.
- Fire Emblem If features a 'My Castle' feature that lets you build your own town, supports amiibo, due out 6/25
- Swap My Castles via StreetPass and visit others' towns, fight their parties.
- Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and Amiibo cards 7/30, 4000 and 300 yen/pack respectively. NFC dongle same day.

- Famicom Remix: Best Choice. 16 games from 1 & 2, largely like Wii U ver. Fast Mario. 8/27, 3700 yen
- Pokemon Super Mysterious Dungeon. Choose from 20 Pokemon. 9/17, 4700 yen
- Guru-Guru Chibi Robo 3DS! announced: Side-scrolling Chibi Robo. Use plug as a weapon, grappling hook. Collect blue orbs to extend reach. Break blocks. Chibi Robo #Amiibo figure. Level it up, become Super. Fall release, Amiibo simultaneous release.
CGU66tSXIAEuX3Q.png

- New Doctor Mario game coming to 3DS, recent/new modes, versus play. Internet, local share. 880 yen following presentation.
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games announced for Wii U, 3DS
- Wii U VC: Super Mario Galaxy 2700 yen today, on sale for 1890 yen through 6/14. Buy Galaxy, get 30% off last 6 VC Wii games

- Yoshi's Woolly World: Over 50 types of Yoshi. Collect bunches of yarn. Use power badges for special powers. Increase yarn ball size, etc., Yoshi's Woolly World. Lots of colors and patterns. Rainbow Yoshi, Winter Yoshi, Moo-Moo Yoshi, Piranha Yoshi, Famicom...
- Koopa Jr., Dr. Mario, Olimar Amiibo hit Japan on 7/30.
- more info on Project Treasure coming this Summer

- Capcom presents from From Software: Monster Hunter Airou DX for 3DS
- Capcom presents Monster Hunter X for 3DS

Edited by Randoman

Chibi Robo amiibo?

oh gee, better add that one to the list of things that people will kill each other over

seriously though, DQVIII for 3DS? i'll definitely be certain on picking that one up

thanks for leaving this, Rando

I guess they're saving that FE stuff that was in the Japanese Direct for E3. At least I hope. :P

Well they need to stretch FEif info from now until 2016, it's only natural that they would take a pause on it.

Yeah, the FE stuff was probably in the Japanese Direct because it's less than a month away from release for them. Also, I'm sure some of the new features that were shown in the Japanese Direct (mainly the face-petting, but also the hot tub stuff to a lesser extent) will probably not be as heavily advertised to Western audiences. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if NoA never even brings up that face-petting is in the game.

As for the other stuff in the Direct, I really liked the Bravely Second reveal (even though it's also not coming here until 2016). Hopefully it's not as repetitive in the late game as Bravely Default was (I know it's already been released in Japan, but I've been avoiding looking this up because it will probably be hard to find out anything about the late-game without massively spoiling something). Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon also looks pretty cool.

I'm kinda surprised they did this Micro Direct at all, honestly. I thought they would be holding back all the stuff from the Japanese Direct for E3.

Of the new titles they announced for this Direct, the new Chibi Robo interests me the most, especially being a game from my favourite genre (sidescrollers).

On a side note, do you think Rosalina will be playable in the New Mario and Sonic Olympics game? I thought for sure they'd reveal her as a playable character as soon as the 2016 Olympics game was released.