Worst Axfighter I ever remember

Wouldn't you consider taking out E-1 Hetzel and the sleep Bishop on turn 1 useful, regardless of turn count? 4-E maps are generally pretty small. Small enough for Celerity!Rafiel to get around. Also, nothing targets the herons from E-3 onwards. Not sure why that is, but it's hella useful. (Edit: this was to whoever said you have to protect Rafiel, not you.)

Sure, but if that's the only advantage Rafiel has, it's not a big enough deal. We've got Restore, or we can just hold back a bit on turn 1. Besides, it's not like that's impossible with Reyson, just Stone him on turn 2 instead.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why bless a weapon with infinite durability anyways? Use Alondite for the mooks and VK for the bosses.

Because TBs don't have canto.

Sure, but if that's the only advantage Rafiel has, it's not a big enough deal. We've got Restore, or we can just hold back a bit on turn 1. Besides, it's not like that's impossible with Reyson, just Stone him on turn 2 instead.

If you're like me that brings more than 1 non royal laguz to 4-E (I bring Janaff and Skrimir), there's also the benefit of letting them act on the first turn as well.

In E-1 you just need to kill the two long range magic users in turn one.

You could even beat them with Reyson. One flyer needs extra movement (boosts or celerity) to reach the bolting sage.

However Rafiel will give you more options in the final map, if something should go wrong.

The Vague Katti doesn't have 2-range. Alondite does. So how's a Vague Katti user gonna counter a Spirit, should one attack?

It really doesn't matter in the final map that the vague katti doesn't have two range.

It's extremly hard to beat Ashera in turn one on NM and HM, so this fight will need two turns anyway. And I definitely would go for the damage and accuracy instead for the range.

Alondite is the better weapon overall in E-3 and E-4, because the dragons and spirits have two range attack. Though they don't have mantle and you definitely don't need it against the stationary bosses.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

Alondite is the better weapon overall in E-3 and E-4

Which would have blessing Alondite make more sense than blessing the Vague Katti. Besides, every single enemy that has Mantle can attack indirectly, and Trueblades can't get out of an enemy's range due to not having Canto. So why not prepare for any scenario? And like mentioned earlier, the 50 uses the Vague Katti has shouldn't waste quickly throughout the entire Endgame.

None of the enemies with Mantle move, though (aside from Sephiran's Rewarp), so the fact that they technically can attack from range doesn't matter unless you deliberately leave your unit 2 squares away from them. You can use Alondite on all the dragons and spirits then switch to the Vague Katti when fighting the boss.

The only time I would consider blessing Alondite over Vague Katti is if your team is full of 1-range dudes without canto and running out of space around Auras is a legitimate concern.

Yes (of course only of the units you've brought to the endgame)

However in the preparation menu of E-1 you can't remove any skills.

Before E-3 can't remove/assign any skills either, there's only "Items" selectable from the menu list, no "Outfit->Manage->Skills". You'll need to assign your skills prior to starting E-2

Before E-3 can't remove/assign any skills either, there's only "Items" selectable from the menu list, no "Outfit->Manage->Skills". You'll need to assign your skills prior to starting E-2

You definitely can! At least I can do it in my version. I always give dragonfoe to someone and nihil to a Laguz Royal.

Probably you meant the preparation menu before you bless the weapons.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

None of the enemies with Mantle move, though (aside from Sephiran's Rewarp), so the fact that they technically can attack from range doesn't matter unless you deliberately leave your unit 2 squares away from them. You can use Alondite on all the dragons and spirits then switch to the Vague Katti when fighting the boss.

The only time I would consider blessing Alondite over Vague Katti is if your team is full of 1-range dudes without canto and running out of space around Auras is a legitimate concern.

Dheg can't use Ire at 2 range, for one.

And when you've got as many laguz as me, Alondite is the better choice.

Dheg can't use Ire at 2 range, for one.

And when you've got as many laguz as me, Alondite is the better choice.

That's what Nihil's for. Plus, you have a bunch of one range dudes without canto.