This week's (4th June) Famitsu scans are up

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we can use our various friends on our friend lists too. I'm willing to bet that Nohr will have a shapeshifter possibly.

Don't you want berserk swords and staves though? :P

Anything related to berserk status can stay dead. I HATE berserk status.

i wonder what would be the hoshido equivalent

Well, judging by their positions in the shop lists seen in the screenshots, 七難即滅 (which I'm honestly not sure how to translate) would have to be its Hoshido counterpart, but it's way more expensive and only has 2 uses. So if they're both status staves, I guess the Hoshido one would have to be a lot more dangerous.

But then again, I can't really think of any status effect powerful enough to warrant blowing 1900G on for each use, so maybe the 七難即滅 is some sort of AoE-staff, like Fortify?

A few observations from what Icy Toast and VincentASM have translated thus far.

- The Nohr shop sells a 'Freeze' staff

Status Staves Confirmed (Please!)

- Some functions that used to be in the main menu, like the sound room and the hubba tester, are now found inside a 'museum' building in your castle. Not sure if I like this. (Although perhaps they'll still be in the main menu as well?)

Bizarre, I really like them seperate. Wonder if you unlock songs over time like Rekka/SS or get the whole room at the end al a Awakening/Shadow Dragon/ Code Name STEAM.

- Your castle will have 1 type of food ingredient and 1 type of mineral as 'local specialties'

Emblem Crossing Confirmed. That is literally foreign fruit from Animal Crossing. Strange...

The icons on the top right of the bottom screen seem to confirm that the castle has a dawn-day-dusk-night cycle, which I think is pretty neat.

Always wanted one of those, perhaps dark of war takes over at night? Always wanted that across campaigns too, cool! :)

Effective weapons deal 3x damage (like critical hits in the past?).

Not sure if I like this one...

It may be possible to rename your castle... The example one is "Kamui's Castle".

Wow, the weird names we'll streetpass.

Anyhow, this was interesting news.

Anything related to berserk status can stay dead. I HATE berserk status.

Haha, I feel you there tbh. It's pretty troll overall.

Also if I can name my castle I'm naming my Hoshido one something from the Sengoku period of Japan or the Three Kingdoms Era of China.

Nohr one gets to be like, Roman or Greek.

Freeze staff, eh?

I'm really starting to worry that the My Castle features are going to be really limited unless you streetpass regularly. Unless they add some kind of internet based method of getting streetpass data, it'll really suck for a lot of people. Streetpass is a crappy system that just doesn't work very well in most places.

I'd like to know who thought streetpass was a good idea outside of Japan. Even then, Japan has it's fair share of rural areas.

Because Awakening had the Taguel, I guess every game needs a Laguz knock-off now. *Sigh*

EDIT: Also, effective weapons have dealt triple damage since Shadow Dragon (unless NME changed it up).

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Whoa 3X effectiveness.. We be FE6 up in here! I forget if Awakening did that too atm lol.

Awakening is 3x mt. If it actually triples Str/Mag, WTA and weapon bonuses along with it now... that's gonna be brutal. Perhaps it's the boost that bows are looking for, though.

What would we need a prison for.. Unless somehow capture is back from Thracia (which I HIGHLY DOUBT).

Could possibly be so Kamui can chat with enemies who become prisoners of war in-story. Or, since this seems to be looking like a full-blown castle/town simulator, perhaps characters might catch infiltrators and lock them up so Kamui can interrogate them later?

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Awakening is 3x mt. If it actually triples Str/Mag, WTA and weapon bonuses along with it now... that's gonna be brutal. Perhaps it's the boost that bows are looking for, though.

Could possibly be so Kamui can chat with enemies who become prisoners of war in-story. Or, since this seems to be looking like a full-blown castle/town simulator, perhaps characters might catch infiltrators and lock them up so Kamui can interrogate them later?

Ok thank you, I wasn't sure.

Also i'm getting more and more Suikoden vibes as we go lol.

Thinking about it, if I remember right Kamui's dragon form is pretty big, so Nishiki's fox form must be fairly sizeable as well. There goes my hopes for a small magic using fox. Oh well, savage murder fox can be cool too.

Wasn't it Taguel? Laguz is Tellius.

I caught and edited it.

Also, does the scan delve into Kamui's dragonstone at all? I'd like official confirmation if he loses them/can only use them after a certain point.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

What would we need a prison for.. Unless somehow capture is back from Thracia (which I HIGHLY DOUBT).

What if - plot twist! - the units you register after streetpass battles actually all end up in your prison? It'd make sense, seeing how they're attacking your castle and destroying your buildings... Edited by Icy Toast

I caught and edited it.

Caught that edit and edited my post to a question about the freeze staves.

What if - plot twist! - the units you register after streetpass battles actually all end up in your prison? It'd make sense, seeing how they're attacking your castle and destroying your buildings...

Yeah,could work. Also, could your other path siblings go to prison as opposed to dying?
Edited by DeoGame

What if - plot twist! - the units you register after streetpass battles actually all end up in your prison? It'd make sense, seeing how they're attacking your castle and destroying your buildings...

Actually, this makes quite a bit of sense.

It's certainly not the boost people waiting to try and faceroll the game with fliers are looking for! :p

Agreed with Jedi; this seems to make the most sense.

EDIT:

Since Radiant Dawn, actually.

Haven't played it, so couldn't say that for certain.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

And then you stick a mind control collar on them and send them out to kill their former friends and family. Such wonderful, peaceful people, those Hoshidans.

My only worry is that the My Castle feature will be dependent on Streetpass. I really do hope it's just random visits by internet, almost like the PSS system in Pokemon.

Well, judging by their positions in the shop lists seen in the screenshots, 七難即滅 (which I'm honestly not sure how to translate) would have to be its Hoshido counterpart, but it's way more expensive and only has 2 uses. So if they're both status staves, I guess the Hoshido one would have to be a lot more dangerous.

But then again, I can't really think of any status effect powerful enough to warrant blowing 1900G on for each use, so maybe the 七難即滅 is some sort of AoE-staff, like Fortify?

Seven Immediate Flashing Flames?

Streetpass protip:

In the US, at least, McDonalds (and some other stores I don't remember atm) have streetpass hubs that give you passes from people whos 3DS's interacted with it earlier.

Yes, I do this quite often, also turn on streepass if you are traveling, especially via AIRPORTS. I get tons of hits for Awakening, SMTIV, Kid Icarus Uprising etc.

I didn't think I could be more excited for My Castle, but prisons sound great if it is what is being guessed. And I'm so excited for Nishiki and hopefully the other shapeshifters we encounter.

And I'm really worried about Streetpass since I am probably going to be the only person where I live who is importing from Japan. Though once it gets released here my best friend will get the game and I will probably get a US copy so I will be able to at least Streetpass 2 castles.

I really hope the Streetpass this is an Internet thing too. I have precisely zero people nearby to make use of it with. In fact, I don't know any local people who even own a 3DS. Being able to tap into my general Internet friends for that would take the whole thing from useless to viable.

Also i'm getting more and more Suikoden vibes as we go lol.

Hehe, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw SoC's translation. Nice to see a fellow Suikoden fan here.