The loyalty and gusto of the other non-path locked units.

Alazen

I know that Kamui's retainers, Cyrus, and Suzukaze go with Kamui regardless of what faction he picks. What I wonder about is how devoted they will be to whatever cause Kamui goes with.

Especially in the Third Path. For example, if the guess that the TP has Kamui lead a conquest of of the two kingdoms with both royal lines getting wiped out happens. Or if the route has Kamui join the faction the monsters are part of and go to war against humanity.

Regardless of the route, I wonder how Joker and Co. treat Kamui's actions. Will they show doubt? Could Gunther be Kamui's Camus? What if there is a situation like Jill rejoining Daein in PoR if she lacks supports and talks to Shiharam?

Edited by Alazen

I feel like Joker will stay loyal... he is one Hell of a Butler. (Black Butler Sebastian ref XD)

As for the others, it will depend on their actions by what the third route offers.. :Rei:

I doubt you're going to be evil for any of the routes except for Aqua in the 3rd route so your faction neutral characters won't have any moral reservations about siding with either one. Nohr characters siding with Hoshido isn't to hard to understand, Nohr does evil stuff so they defect. Hoshido characters joining Nohr is a bit harder to justify, but they might join up after you leave Hoshido and focus on stuff in Nohr.

I doubt you're going to be evil for any of the routes

That depends on what the game calls evil, doesn't it? Would you call ''Both kingdoms must be crushed to end the warring era'' (as an example) evil?

Edited by Alazen

Regardless of the route, I wonder how Joker and Co. treat Kamui's actions. Will they show doubt? Could Gunther be Kamui's Camus? What if there is a situation like Jill rejoining Daein in PoR if she lacks supports and talks to Shiharam?

Well there is that scene in the "Choose Your Path" Trailer if I'm correct that it shows a burning Hosidan-style room with Ryonuma beat up and leaning on his sword. There also is a scene there where Marx swings at you talking about "justice" and it's in some Nohrian room.

So that probably means somewhere in the story you invade the other side's castle and fight them, I imagine that some of the Nohrian units you have with you will have some qualms about attacking their home, Imagine if Cyrus had to fight and possibly kill his family, and he did it out of loyalty for you.... or if some units have unique conversations with units of their original side before the fight begins.

This game could pack quite a punch in the feels. Yuuske Kozaki has a lot of possibilities, and with this game being focused on choice and what if scenarios, this could have a lot of feels no matter who you fight.

I didn't think of getting Cyrus to slay family.

Even if they all stay loyal, I'd look forward to seeing at least some of them discuss between themselves Kamui's action. Especially if Kamui reached the point of slaying kin (like say, Mikoto).

Edited by Alazen

I think the third route could have a mix of both sides. While there are some characters that will follow you regardless of route perhaps some would be more willing to go from Hoshido/Nohr to an Unaffiliated third side since they won't actually be betraying their side.

Though one thing that puzzles me about the third route is the "My Castle" feature, and how you'll still have a whole village to build despite not being sided with a Kingdom.

The only choice that's really been advertised in the game so far is the choice between Hoshido and Nohr. Do you guys think there will be other big choices that affect story and ending and maybe if the characters stick around with you till the end?

Say Cyrus was also really good friends with Leon and you're about to murder him, do you think he might defect to join the other side to protect Leon?

WOO go morally questionable choices!

I think the third route could have a mix of both sides. While there are some characters that will follow you regardless of route perhaps some would be more willing to go from Hoshido/Nohr to an Unaffiliated third side since they won't actually be betraying their side.

Though one thing that puzzles me about the third route is the "My Castle" feature, and how you'll still have a whole village to build despite not being sided with a Kingdom.

I'm worried that the Third Path having Kamui get characters from both kingdoms beyond the ones who already aren't faction locked would end up being a Golden Ending.

As for how Kamui's army can have its village, well, there is a southwestern land with a castle in it on the map we can see. At least, it points to there being more factions in If's world than the two kingdoms.

The only choice that's really been advertised in the game so far is the choice between Hoshido and Nohr. Do you guys think there will be other big choices that affect story and ending and maybe if the characters stick around with you till the end?

Say Cyrus was also really good friends with Leon and you're about to murder him, do you think he might defect to join the other side to protect Leon?

WOO go morally questionable choices!

Well, Der Langrisser did have branches within the routes, extra scenes in the endings, and character epilogues that changed depending on class, enemies beaten, and how many times the unit was defeated.

Edited by Alazen