Question about skills

Azz

So I have been wondering this for a while but since we now have parallel seals rather then second seals to reclass and because of this our level doesn't reset, will we miss out on skills?

Like say I am a Lancer and class change to Samurai at level 20, will I miss the skills from levels 1 and 10?

Just wondering since I consider myself a completionist when it comes to maxing characters and I am slightly worried I will not get to max out my characters.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

It's one of the things I've been thinking about the most too. In Awakening, you could only get only 4 skills without reclassing, and yet we have 6 slots in If. 1 for each character's personal skill, 4 from regular leveling, and another one from ???

I have a couple ideas, but they seem a little silly, so nothing concrete on my end.

there are 5 skill slots not 4 so you can definitely get skills from other classes. there's a screenshot that has Camilla as level 40, so maybe you get a skill every 10 levels? who knows.

EDIT: guess it was Felicia not Camilla, haha.

Edited by Chrosion

there are 5 skill slots not 4 so you can definitely get skills from other classes. there's a screenshot that has Camilla as level 40, so maybe you get a skill every 10 levels? who knows.

Felicia, not Camilla.

In FE:A you get the first pre-promote skill with level 1. If you use a second seal to reclass let's say MU at level 1 to level 1 knight, you get the the veteran skill from the tactician class and the str +2 from the knight class.

If FEif works the same way, it is even easier to get all the skills as you just need enough p-seals and reclass through all available classes at the given level.

This could depend on many things, like if skills are buy-able now since reclassing to level 1 is removed. Maybe a skills can be traded and gained through support. Maxing support will give both units a skill?

In FE:A you get the first pre-promote skill with level 1. If you use a second seal to reclass let's say MU at level 1 to level 1 knight, you get the the veteran skill from the tactician class and the str +2 from the knight class.

If FEif works the same way, it is even easier to get all the skills as you just need enough p-seals and reclass through all available classes at the given level.

Uhhh? I don't get it. You mean the only two available classes? That also means Base class lv 1 units need a P-Seal right away to get the best out of them (Unless perhaps you swap base classes and you still get the Base Class skill even if you changed on lv 8). Even then, not all units are recruited at level 1. And reclassing isn't leveling, so I doubt the game will let you gain a skill if you reclass on level 10, unpromoted, but that could be how you gain more.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

This could depend on many things, like if skills are buy-able now since reclassing to level 1 is removed. Maybe a skills can be traded and gained through support. Maxing support will give both units a skill?

Uhhh? I don't get it. You mean the only two available classes? That also means Base class lv 1 units need a P-Seal right away to get the best out of them (Unless perhaps you swap base classes and you still get the Base Class skill even if you changed on lv 8). Even then, not all units are recruited at level 1. And reclassing isn't leveling, so I doubt the game will let you gain a skill if you reclass on level 10, unpromoted, but that could be how you gain more.

I wanted to show that changing classes in Awakening with unchanged level still gives you a new skill. As in FEif all par-seals work like that you could get skills easily. Also we do not know which skills are awarded on which level yet(FEif).

EDIT:

I also want to mention the high possibility that active skills will be available in a broader spectrum. Looking at the Lancer class and the Substitute skill.

Do you think that is an idication for the Silence skill returning? + We have a ninja class now.

Also predictions for other active skills?!

Edited by Lee

EDIT: guess it was Felicia not Camilla, haha.

This was my guess: that the level cap is much higher than 20 now and instead of getting skills at specific levels you get based on how many levels you have spent in a class. Like, if the level cap for promoted classes is 50, and you get a skills after 5 and 15 levels in each, you could pick up all the kills from 3 promoted classes and the first skill from a 4th. This idea would mean you have to be efficient with how you level your characters if you want to get the most out of them, since you can't get every single skill aviable to each character.

Again, this is just an idea I had.