Captured Generics

I'll probably have a few for cool looking generics or route exclusive classes. I will also do at least one all-generics run.

I'll probably have a few for cool looking generics or route exclusive classes. I will also do at least one all-generics run.

That sounds fun. Another one is to capture a unit with Counter and have them go scuicide bomber on anyone who attacks him with anything other than Magic or Bows.

I'm hoping I can just capture and collect a bunch of the different classed chars, maybe a male and female of each class.

Gotta fill out your GeneriDex. But first, are you a boy or a girl?

By nicking their weapons, and then forgetting about them.

Yeah, I'll be using a few for that. Hopefully they keep their weapons, as I want those debuffing Shurikens for Felicia and Joker. I also hope the captured units can promote, if not reclass, as I am really digging some of those Hoshidan classes.

Has anyone wondered if generic characters will have personal skills when recruited from their prisons?

Probably not. Considering they can't support, have fewer skills, lower than average stats, and possibly lack the ability to reclass, I worry they won't be very solid choices to use on lower difficulties. Now, if they get some crazy skills and stats for the higher difficulties, we might see a lot of use for them.

Actually, an idea comes to mind. What if captured and recruited enemies could be "trained" by members of your army? For identical or equivalent classes (mercenary/samurai for example) they could be taught unlearned skills and get stat ups so they meet the standards of the rest of your army. In fact, if you could train them with ANY character, you could give generics the unique niche of being able to learn any skill combination.

Edited by NekoKnight

If i can rename them, then i'll capture a Ninja and rename him as "Kagemaru" to make the ultimate self-insert.

If i can't, probably i won't use that feature a lot. Just to get their weapons and use them as meat shield.

Probably not. Considering they can't support, have fewer skills, lower than average stats, and possibly lack the ability to reclass, I worry they won't be very solid choices to use on lower difficulties. Now, if they get some crazy skills and stats for the higher difficulties, we might see a lot of use for them.

Actually, an idea comes to mind. What if captured and recruited enemies could be "trained" by members of your army? For identical or equivalent classes (mercenary/samurai for example) they could be taught unlearned skills and get stat ups so they meet the standards of the rest of your army. In fact, if you could train them with ANY character, you could give generics the unique niche of being able to learn any skill combination.

Interesting idea. That would make nice use of the My Castle feature if they introduce a Training grounds building. And I certainly hope I get to rename them as well.

I doubt I'll use it myself, since I like using the units with names and personalities and supports.

However, the idea about nicking their weapons is interesting. Now if only that would be true I might not mind it so much, but I doubt that would be the case. When you capture them, if you don't get their weapon right there I highly doubt they would still have their weapon while in prison.

I'll probably be using some for bait, so some of my weaker units can have a chance to gain some experience.

Other than that, I won't be using them much. I might be using them if they're strong units, but I'd rather have my exclusive-route characters fight, compared to a generic soldier. And if I'm not letting them fight, I'll just take their weapons and then let the enemies kill them on the battlefield.

As someone who used to make entire armies out of captured enemies when I played Disgaea games, I am looking forward to doing the same in this game, even if their stats and level-ups might disappoint me in the end. I at least want to do that once.

I'll probably be using some for bait, so some of my weaker units can have a chance to gain some experience.

Other than that, I won't be using them much. I might be using them if they're strong units, but I'd rather have my exclusive-route characters fight, compared to a generic soldier. And if I'm not letting them fight, I'll just take their weapons and then let the enemies kill them on the battlefield.

Oh! I didn't think of that! Using some generics as bait to help level the villager type characters may turn out to be an amazing strategy!

Well, as a question, I'm not sure if nohr classes can only use axes swords and lance and the hoshidans can only use maces, Katana, and ningata, but either way, I might catch a hero, being my favorite class of the series.

I plan on probably playing 'Hard' difficulty so the units I gain are par with the enemy at a good stat build(Hopefully that's how it'll work, then imagine Lunatic+) and use them for bait, a sacrifice, do odd jobs like obtain items for me, guinea pig, any lone characters need of Attack/Defence stance assistance, and used to actually make it feel like I have an army backing me that I'm ordering. So stoked for this mechanic above all else. It's also a good thing to have if you have spare units to fill and you don't want to use any of the characters that are too weak or not appealing to you.

Also, what would you think if the any of the captured female units were actually capable of marriage support with the MU?

Would be a way of rounding out your army I guess. Getting big beefy Armoured Knights for Hoshido, Darkmage/Mageknights(for tome cavalries), many staff users for Nohr.

What if IS cuts down on storied characters so we actually have less of them in each route and will need to boost our army size via generics. That's a scary thought, but feels thematically appropriate because we're supposed to be the underdogs.

What if IS cuts down on storied characters so we actually have less of them in each route and will need to boost our army size via generics. That's a scary thought, but feels thematically appropriate because we're supposed to be the underdogs.

Actually, that happens in every game. The enemy get more and more generics and you get just a few comrades you know by their own name. Getting expendables just makes it look like you're the one with the strong army.