How good will Gunter be?

Espinosa

Do you think Felicia will be able to heal at 2-range with Sakura's staff if the player takes the Hoshido path? Sakura's buff looks pretty useful regardless, especially for harder difficulties.

Do you think Felicia will be able to heal at 2-range with Sakura's staff if the player takes the Hoshido path? Sakura's buff looks pretty useful regardless, especially for harder difficulties.

I was wondering about that. But considering they get an armorslayer, which is a sword and not a katana, on the Hoshido path, I'm inclined to believe there are no restrictions on who can equip what. Rather, basic Nohr weapons aren't available in Hoshido and vice versa, My Castle excluded. But you never know.

I was wondering about that. But considering they get an armorslayer, which is a sword and not a katana, on the Hoshido path, I'm inclined to believe there are no restrictions on who can equip what. Rather, basic Nohr weapons aren't available in Hoshido and vice versa, My Castle excluded. But you never know.

What's interesting is that in the class reel, the Nohrian promotion for Kamui/Corrin is described as using swords (剣), whereas the Hoshidan promotion is described as using katanas (刀). The Dark Prince description doesn't mention the specific weapon type used, but it probably uses swords since it's considered a Nohrian class and we saw Kamui equip the different sword types. So Kamui would be able to equip the armorslayer, as well as units like Silas who join you on both paths.

No idea if that means Kamui will no longer be able to use the Yatogami once he promotes on the Hoshidan path, or it's a story-related promotion that coincides with him receiving a new katana weapon.

What's interesting is that in the class reel, the Nohrian promotion for Kamui/Corrin is described as using swords (剣), whereas the Hoshidan promotion is described as using katanas (刀). The Dark Prince description doesn't mention the specific weapon type used, but it probably uses swords since it's considered a Nohrian class and we saw Kamui equip the different sword types. So Kamui would be able to equip the armorslayer, as well as units like Silas who join you on both paths.

No idea if that means Kamui will no longer be able to use the Yatogami once he promotes on the Hoshidan path, or it's a story-related promotion that coincides with him receiving a new katana weapon.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure the weapon both versions of promoted Kamui use in the class trailers seems to be a lightsaber powered-up Yatogami.

I had an idea how he could become useful, perhaps if his personal skill ties into him being rusty at combat the start of the game. Perhaps it could be like Donnel's good growths but the bonus gets higher and higher every level(since he only has 17 until he reaches the cap) and his last level is like Karel's in FE6.

It just seems strange to me, I mean he doesn't even start able to wield a Silver Weapon which is one of the Jeigan-like characters key advantages in most games and he joins with an Iron Lance, the gap between him and the unpromoted starting characters just seems eerily small for the type of character he is.

Do you think there's any chance he will be wielding a Silver Lance after all in the final version of the game?

I don't know, his Lance Rank was only C in the E3 demo(with D Sword and D Axe ranks) and I'm not sure why they would mess about with that if they just wanted to change his inventory.

A great butler!

Lol, he won't be great for long imo. If he's a promoted who barely surpasses Kamui then he will become obsolete. It's a shame too bc I love his character design and the archetype but without second seals he'll fall behind fast

Sigh, Same with Jagen. Badass character that gets sent to the bench bc he's stuck in a promoted class too early and can't reclass.

Lol, he won't be great for long imo. If he's a promoted who barely surpasses Kamui then he will become obsolete. It's a shame too bc I love his character design and the archetype but without second seals he'll fall behind fast

Sigh, Same with Jagen. Badass character that gets sent to the bench bc he's stuck in a promoted class too early and can't reclass.

I demoted Frederick to Wyvern Knight on Hard Mode once. Worst decision ever made.

Any idea why Gunther has 2 reclass options unlike 1 that every other character seems to have? Merc and Wyvern Rider is what the site says.

I think characters with limited support poll (likely just the Avatar), have 2 reclass option to compensate (since others can get reclass from their buddies or Marriage options.)

It's the same thing for the characters on the Other/Unknown part of the site.