Ryoma Discussion Thread

Anacybele

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for setting the records straight.

No problem! I might have to go check the Norh's characters page now. Just to see if there's no more bashing.

Edit:

Everything seems great for now. I added big brother instinc, big brothe mentor and nice guy to Ryoma's profile edited Takumi profile and added jerk with a heart of gold because he just comes off that way to me and added a what the hell hero in Xander's profile.

Edited by Yari

• 2 weeks later...

No problem! I might have to go check the Norh's characters page now. Just to see if there's no more bashing.

Edit:

Everything seems great for now. I added big brother instinc, big brothe mentor and nice guy to Ryoma's profile edited Takumi profile and added jerk with a heart of gold because he just comes off that way to me and added a what the hell hero in Xander's profile.

Thanks so much for fixing Ryouma and Takumi's profiles, Yari! The Hoshido boys need more love :3 I didn't catch Ryouma's character page before you made the changes, but I'm not sure I want to know what was written there...

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Nohr (because I still like it, just not as much as Hoshido), but I've seriously seen too many Nohr-lovers hating on Hoshido and players who prefer Hoshido. It's really getting annoying.

Also, why is Ryouma being called hot-blooded every where? I have read quite a bit of translations related to him and fail to see how he's associated with that word. Apparently being the last one to give up equals to being hot-blooded; dat logic...

Also, why is Ryouma being called hot-blooded every where? I have read quite a bit of translations related to him and fail to see how he's associated with that word. Apparently being the last one to give up equals to being hot-blooded; dat logic...

Honestly this bit confuses me too. I've read through every support that was translated for him and he comes off more as this serene-ass zen mountain hermit lobster who achieved inner peace and is just kinda like, really chill? Hell this is the man who was kind enough to eat Felicia's cooking and actually had the patience to encourage her to do well despite clearly grimacing in pain from the poor quality of the riceballs, compared to his actual hot-blooded subordinate who just straight up refused.

I mean he literally only got mad when you betrayed him and lets be real it'd be really weird if he didn't get mad then

Thanks so much for fixing Ryouma and Takumi's profiles, Yari! The Hoshido boys need more love :3 I didn't catch Ryouma's character page before you made the changes, but I'm not sure I want to know what was written there...

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Nohr (because I still like it, just not as much as Hoshido), but I've seriously seen too many Nohr-lovers hating on Hoshido and players who prefer Hoshido. It's really getting annoying.

Trust me, my dear you did not want see what was written in Ryoma's page, it wasn't pretty...it really wasn't pretty.

Someone over at TVtropes really hated Ryoma and Hoshido and wanted to make the Nohr sibilings look perfect,

And as why they are calling him hot-blooded, Ryoma really IS hot-blooded, he just the subdued type of hot-blooded.

And, suprisingly, he's also incredibly romantic, seriously, read Shinomone's supports with his mother to see what I'm talking about, I did not expect Ryoma to be so sweet and loving to his wife.

Trust me, my dear you did not want see what was written in Ryoma's page, it wasn't pretty...it really wasn't pretty.

Someone over at TVtropes really hated Ryoma and Hoshido and wanted to make the Nohr sibilings look perfect,

And as why they are calling him hot-blooded, Ryoma really IS hot-blooded, he just the subdued type of hot-blooded.

And, suprisingly, he's also incredibly romantic, seriously, read Shinomone's supports with his mother to see what I'm talking about, I did not expect Ryoma to be so sweet and loving to his wife.

Huh, I think I can see how Ryoma is hot-blooded. He just doesn't seem like it when compared to Saizou. I read those supports too, and yeah, didn't expect Ryoma to be so romantic.

I think I can see it a bit more now, but compared to other characters who are actually hot-blooded, he's too chill :)

And I read the support you are talking about just yesterday, and I thought it was super cute and romantic :3 But I noticed that if Ryouma marries Kamui, he has some serious competition for her affections. I mean, both Shinonome and Kanna are so determined to outdo him :P

And I read the support you are talking about just yesterday, and I thought it was super cute and romantic :3 But I noticed that if Ryouma marries Kamui, he has some serious competition for her affections. I mean, both Shinonome and Kanna are so determined to outdo him :P

LOL TRUTH. Shinonome and Kanna are both like 'I'M GOING TO PROVE THAT MAMA LOVES ME MORE!!!' Is it weird to be competing with your own kids for your spouse's affection?

LOL TRUTH. Shinonome and Kanna are both like 'I'M GOING TO PROVE THAT MAMA LOVES ME MORE!!!' Is it weird to be competing with your own kids for your spouse's affection?

Hmmmm... Dunno about anyone else, but Ryouma doesn't need to worry about that in my playthrough. He's still the best :3

I just realized all I did in this thread was talking about changing his TVtropes profile! I need to say why I like him so much!

He looks great, his lobster armor is cool (a weird kind of cool), he's so nice in his supports especially the ones with Sakura and his A with Aqua, I love his class, he has the best written child in the game and I really like his personality in general. He was the first thing that pulled me towards Hoshido and I didn't regret my choice. And he's romantic as indicated by Shino's supports with his mother.

So this thread suddenly became about fact-checking and correcting the TvTropes pages for the game?

To be fair, the game isn't localized; most of the mistakes would have quickly been fixed when it comes westward.

Though is that line about "exceptional moral ambiguity" in either the YMMV or basebreaker page concerning the 3rd path still there? Because that's a load of bull.

So this thread suddenly became about fact-checking and correcting the TvTropes pages for the game?

To be fair, the game isn't localized; most of the mistakes would have quickly been fixed when it comes westward.

Though is that line about "exceptional moral ambiguity" in either the YMMV or basebreaker page concerning the 3rd path still there? Because that's a load of bull.

It's not really about correcting, it's just that Ryoma's page at Tvtropes was really bad, just ask anyone who read it, you'll see I'm not exagerating.

They were saying things that were blalant lies, such as claiming that Ryoma spent the entire Conquest path using dirty tricks to force you to return to Hoshido and also said that

after the chapter that the Nohr sibilings protect the Hoshido royals, Ryoma acted extremely ungrateful, saying they would not do the same for the Nohrians

Since I wasn't sure if this information was true at the time, I thought this thread was the best place to ask, since it was all about Ryoma.

And while this is off-topic, let me tell you other examples:

They said that Marx never got angry at you for siding with Hoshido in Birthright, and dealt with the situation very camly,

and said that Ryoma held personally against you for not siding with Hoshido in the third path, while Marx was very understanding.

There are other examples but I don't want to derail the thread any further, so let's get back to talking about Ryoma.

Edited by Water Mage

after the chapter that the Nohr sibilings protect the Hoshido royals, Ryoma acted extremely ungrateful, saying they would not do the same for the Nohrians

Team Broshido was (understandably, since it was a nohrian guy's dirty trick that got them into the situation in the first place) still pretty pissed after the fact, but Ryouma said they would have done the same there. I've seen an actual translation of post-18, but unfortunate it wasn't ammie's translation like i originally thought so I can't quite find it atm. I'll have to look for it when I get home.

Team Broshido was (understandably, since it was a nohrian guy's dirty trick that got them into the situation in the first place) still pretty pissed after the fact, but Ryouma said they would have done the same there. I've seen an actual translation of post-18, but unfortunate it wasn't ammie's translation like i originally thought so I can't quite find it atm. I'll have to look for it when I get home.

I happen to have the translation. It was Fletch who made it so here it goes: http://pastebin.com/u4QifdUG. I think whoever wrote the thing exagerated Ryoma's third line and made him sound ungratefull. But it's very diferent from what was written in TVtropes.

I happen to have the translation. It was Fletch who made it so here it goes: http://pastebin.com/u4QifdUG. I think whoever wrote the thing exagerated Ryoma's third line and made him sound ungratefull. But it's very diferent from what was written in TVtropes.

Apparently it's removed? Though yeah I do remember it now