(Problem) Promotion Branching with Custom Animations [FE8]

firenoob

All right. I have a bit of a problem to deal with. Basically I imported the animations of a female Hero from FE6 to FE8 and the animations worked fine. Next, I changed the female Mercenary's promotion path into just the female Hero via the Promotion Branch Editor module. And again, it worked fine.

However, the issue comes into play when I branched the promotion paths of the female Mercenary; to the standard options of female Ranger and female Hero. When I tried to promote the class, the game stalls at a black screen as it gets to the choosing part.The music continues to play but the game itself freezes. I tested again, but with the male Hero as an option instead of the female one, and it worked. Finally, I tested it with another class with a custom animation and the game freezes once again. I figured out that it was the custom animations that was causing the problem, but I just can't get a solution for it. (The indices of the imported and custom animations are CA and beyond fyi so does it have to do something with it?)

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to hex editing but does it have to do something with it? Sorry if this is long-winded but I tried to give as much detail as I could. Do I have to resort to single-path promotions with custom animations or is there a way to have branched promotions with them?

Edited by firenoob

TBH, I'm not sure what I personally can do to help here... maybe try having it promote to a different class, without a custom animation (for example, Paladin or Rogue)? That might help to at least narrow the problem down a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

All right then. I'm not planning to change the promotion classes anyway. I'll give up on classes promoting to ones with custom animations and give them only one instead. I think it's a good idea than to stress on with this issue. Thanks for the reply.