Something thats been bugging me(Slight spoilers)

Aquaze

So we know so far that there are some characters that are mirror images of past awakening characters. If they are related at all is unknown at the moment however something is off.

The theory i've been going with is that not!Severa,Owain and Inigo are the children of the saved awakening timeline who have now grown up.

Okay thats not too hard to understand.

What is odd to me is if thats the case, why would they join Nohr? I mean they come from a peace loving country, i'm sure they've heard all about the stories of conquest driven nations like old Ylisse and Plegia etc, so why would they be like "Man i'm so glad we grew up in such a peaceful nation, oh look during our travels we stumbled upon two warring nations, lets join the one focused on brutally conquesting their peaceful neighbors"

Its just nagging at me.

Edited by Aquaze

Well then perhaps they're not the Awakening children? Instead, characters that look just like the popular children from Awakening and perhaps the developers were right when they said the game has no connection to Awakening in the timeline/plot?

Sorry but it just really irks me to see people believing the game and Awakening are connected. It's really no business of mine

I used to believe this same theory, but ever since we've seen Not!Tharja I'm convinced that the characters are simply based off the old awakening characters, and are in no way related to their awakening counterparts.

Nohr, like most non-Chon'sin Awakening nations, is generally based on European countries. It makes sense in the saved-timeline-children theory, that if they were to travel and serve a new nation, it would be one with customs and language resembling the one they came from. That's true even if they're coming from Outrealms. If Nohr is just on another continent in the same world as Ylisse, it would also be likely the two nations have some kind of trade and travel between them. More likely than Hoshido, which is probably isolationist.

Also it's not like everyone in Nohr is evil. They could very well see it as "look at this country with dwindling natural resources, on the brink of extinction! We should help them!"

But yeah, with Not!Tharja revealed as a child character, it's looking less likely there's any rhyme or reason behind the presence of these characters.

Edited by Lynsanity

Well then perhaps they're not the Awakening children? Instead, characters that look just like the popular children from Awakening and perhaps the developers were right when they said the game has no connection to Awakening in the timeline/plot?

Sorry but it just really irks me to see people believing the game and Awakening are connected. It's really no business of mine

With loloutrealms and 3 character (now 4) directly ripped from Awakening, it's not hard to see why people are making connections. IS asked for this.

Either these characters are just distant descendants or they're here just because. And what does it matter? The characters that we've got were for the most part good characters. Unless every other child is an Awakening character reskinned for Fates, I'll be fine. And I want Not!Tharja to be full on creep again, but for New!Morgan this time.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this is what the devs said. Odin, Lazward and Luna have the same appearance/personality as Owain, Inigo and Severa. But that's it. They are not the child characters themselves, because this is a completely different world. As far as I know, they are the only 'returning' characters. Pieri isn't Noire, there is no Tharja 2.0. I may be wrong about the Tharja one though.