Class videos translated

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh... The classes in Hoshido look amazing.... But the Nohr classes can use Dark Magic.... Choices, choices....

I don't know why they're translating 魔道 as dark magic, it just means magic...

And the thing as they translate as "dark vessel", 暗器, is actually the word for hidden weapons.

Just saying.

Edited by Bovinian

Yeah they got some things wrong but other details really interesting like garous class having good strength and speed.

Yeah, I have to watch the Hoshido video, but some things are strange...

1. Speeds having High Speed and Defence seems wierd to me, can someone confirms ?

2. Heroes normally uses Axes and Swords, right ?

3. Golems is here for Garou, I'd guess.

The Nohr one also has a few more typos:

Thief: Excels in speed and resistance (not defense).

Dracoknight: Excels in strength (not speed) and defense.

Brave Hero: Can use swords and axes (not spears)

The Hoshido one is generally accurate. When it says "curses" it is referring to spells (i.e. Hoshidan magic), but this isn't really a typo but rather a different way to interpret the kanji.

Oh also, for the Hoshidan classes that are translated as things like "berserker" and "sorcerer", don't take those literally, as some of those Japanese class names can be difficult to translate into something that sounds decent in English.

Edited by Bovinian

whats this kamui can use magic in his nohr promotion Cool

whats this kamui can use Staffs in his Hoshido promotion Meh

SO if we have a Nohr and Hoshido promotion will we have a path 3 promotion or will we just get to choose one of the previously mentioned promotions

^Honestly, since Kamui already has swords and dragonstones for attacking with, I think I'd prefer adding staves over magic, especially if we're getting status staves back.

There are soooo many stave users in Hoshido, though. Sakura, Asama, Mikoto if she can indeed be recruited, Felicia, Joker, Orochi, Little Spellcaster Kid (who's name I don't know), Hinoka, Tsubaki, and MU are all confirmed to potentially use Staves just upon promotion, and we don't know half of the cast, or if any characters can be reclassed. We may have many many Tome users in Nohr, yes, but the only thing that changes is that the characters can attack on both defenses in a pinch.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

^Honestly, since Kamui already has swords and dragonstones for attacking with, I think I'd prefer adding staves over magic, especially if we're getting status staves back.

Also, Kamui/Corrin can work as an extra healer or really mess up enemies if status staves are back.

Hmm...regarding some of the Hoshido classes...I can see Mountain Priest being changed to Hermit.

Thieves excel in speed and... defense?

Another mistake, it's resistance. They also says Brave Hero uses "swords and spears", which is inaccurate. Oh this has been pointed out.

Edited by Ryo

There are soooo many stave users in Hoshido, though. Sakura, Asama, Mikoto if she can indeed be recruited, Felicia, Joker, Orochi, Little Spellcaster Kid (who's name I don't know), Hinoka, Tsubaki, and MU are all confirmed to potentially use Staves just upon promotion, and we don't know half of the cast, or if any characters can be reclassed. We may have many many Tome users in Nohr, yes, but the only thing that changes is that the characters can attack on both defenses in a pinch.

As long as they can attack as well, you can never have too many healers :P And as for attacking both defenses, that's what levin swords (or equivalent) are for. Really though the choice between staves or tomes for one class on one character isn't going to be an actual factor in choosing which route I take. If I actually got to choose between the two on promotion that'd be different, but the choice is made when you pick a route so... Eh.

Wait... Sakura is wearing the same dress as her mother in her promoted class... Either Mikoto is a War Priestess or we just got another case of Lissa and Emmeryn ;_;

Reading other posts ITT I hope they did mistranslate all the dark magic on Nohr side. I was gonna laugh at the notion of Nohr being the harder path when like 80% of the allies on that side can nostank.

Still glad i'm going with hoshido first, their classes are so unique and interesting for the most part. Also Hinoka riding that majestic bird is so awesome @_@. that class looks amazing.

I mean imagine if he didnt get the tome addition? He would be screwed either way. That's what other magic units are for lol

If one unit can do everything but shoot a bow, what's the fun in using other units?

Edited by Devalon

So stoked for this! I love the new animations, and I think the thing with staves vs tomes is because the Nohr route is meant to be played aggressively, while Hoshido is more on the defensive side. Not to mention that having a lot of healers helps in keeping your units alive = Hoshido being easier.

I am not a fan of the Great Knight model though. I don't like how the horse legs overlap the armor. Hope that gets fixed...but probably not.

As long as they can attack as well, you can never have too many healers :P And as for attacking both defenses, that's what levin swords (or equivalent) are for. Really though the choice between staves or tomes for one class on one character isn't going to be an actual factor in choosing which route I take. If I actually got to choose between the two on promotion that'd be different, but the choice is made when you pick a route so... Eh.

Agree with this. If Kamui is going to be as broken as Robin was(which is very likely) you don't really need more ways to attack. Often times I'd just have Robin and Morgan as Sages in awakening since they can literally never die and one shot everything on lunatic bar DLC, giving them staff access to heal their allies makes them the perfect unit.

I could see the the Nohr promotion for Kamui being better for the type of player that just wants to break the game in half and feed all the exp to kamui and have him solo maps since hes the lord and avatar and is the only one that needs to face any risk. Then yeah being a shapeshifting nostanking monstrosity will bulldoze the Nohr path most likely.