Regrets?

Are there any character in that you regret maining or, on the other hand, regret not maining? If you could main a character who would it be? Post them here.

Mine:

I regret maining:

Zelda

Zelda was one of the three character I used a ton in brawl. There were time when my Zelda was even better than my Ike. Upon trying Zelda in Smash U however, she seemed to be nerfed even more from 2nd to last.

I regret not maining:

Jigglypuff

As a Kirby main Jigglypuff is terribly easy to play. On top of that Jiggs is one of the funnest characters in the game. The air attacks and air speed are amazing. In the end though, I couldn't stomach rest it give all the battle the intensity of a little mac fight, if not more.

Duck Hunt Dog

The DHD seems like another projectile spammer at first. Though it has the potential to be so much more. I love the mind games you can play with the can and the field control you can get with the disks. It's like DHD controls everything.

If I could main a character:

Meta Knight:

I'm still trying to main MK somehow he amazing yet terrible at the same time. He can kill at 70%, has great recovery and edge guarding but somehow he's still hard to use. I suppose it's the range he has still seems like that wouldn't ruin him.

I recommend you read my topic, How To Meta Knight. It should be a good starting place.

BTW, they nerfed a lot more than just MK's range. Basically, everything except sidesmash and down-b have nerfed range, damage, and/or added endlag. The only thing that really makes him stand out is his amazing recovery.

I suppose I kind of regret secondarying Mii Swordsman. That one's almost a main too, I would say, I use one Mii in particular more often than either of my other two secondaries (Robin and Toon Link). Yet, the poor guy is at the dirt bottom of the tier list, very last place. ;_; He gets really hard to use sometimes too because of lag. My Frederick Mii is a bit slow to begin with (because Frederick lol), but sometimes he feels REALLY slow online.

I'm still using him though, because I like him. :P

I also regret Mii Swordfighter. Minuscule damage, light and launched easily, slow, and poor recovery makes for a very underwhelming character. The Miis are the characters I probably see the least of.

oh and if I could get a bit better with ness/lucas (I just /cannot/ figure out their recovery) I would love that

I'm better with lucas than I am with ness though

I also regret Mii Swordfighter. Minuscule damage, light and launched easily, slow, and poor recovery makes for a very underwhelming character. The Miis are the characters I probably see the least of.

Not launched easily if you make a heavier Mii like my Frederick. He can actually last a pretty long time. Recovery can be decent if you pick the right moves for the moveset too. But otherwise, I agree. Sucky power and not fast even at the lightest, quickest possible speed. :(

I regret giving up on trying to main Robin. I was super pumped that he was announced and played him religiously for the first 2 days on the 3DS and then stopped. Something about him didn't feel right but seeing all the cool things he can do at a high level of play is amazing

NO REGRETS

even choices I've gone back on (Link to Tink was reversed back to Link) I don't regret

I could say like, "oh I wish I played more [idk fox] in melee" but I sucked when I was playing melee; it wouldn't've helped

I don't really understand. How can I regret maining someone when I can just drop them? How can I regret not maining someone when I can just pick them up?

I guess I have no regrets.

GIMR regrets maining G&W in Melee, because he says he did it for the wrong reasons ("Well, I can never be the best with Fox/Sheik/etc., but I can at least be the best G&W!").

e: I'm pretty sure he used the word "regret" but I'm not 100% sure

Edited by Euklyd

I don't really understand. How can I regret maining someone when I can just drop them? How can I regret not maining someone when I can just pick them up?

I guess I have no regrets.

it's all about hindsight.

i regret playing sheik in melee because she was boring and i played so dumb with her... i also somehow managed to SD with her A LOT (once 4 times in a tourney match). at least i can be really mean to low tier users if i want to now but i can still do better with pichu or fox.

lucario in smash 4 sucks aside from aura + rage so i regret even trying to use him.

Edited by Comet

Lucario in smash 4 sucks aside from aura + rage so i regret even trying to use him.

But wasn't he was buffed from Brawl? And he was already good to begin with. Wait, I got it.....

I suck at Lucario in smash 4 aside from aura + rage so i regret even trying to use him.

Ah, much better.

I regret using Dedede in SSB4 now that I know his jab doesn't connect properly with everybody and I can no longer call him The King. Please fix, Nintendo.

Edited by Zera

hi my name is zera and i decided to be obnoxious

he went from having a great air game to a mediocre one along with the mediocre ground options that passed over.

please learn how to play super smash brothers before you ever call me out like that again

Edited by Comet

I recommend you read my topic, How To Meta Knight. It should be a good starting place.

BTW, they nerfed a lot more than just MK's range. Basically, everything except sidesmash and down-b have nerfed range, damage, and/or added endlag. The only thing that really makes him stand out is his amazing recovery.

Well that helps a lot! Although I noticed it didn't say that if you juggle uair to the top of the screen you can kill w/ mach tornado. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q24P9DR872k also found this interesting. Plus I notice if you use multi hit by the edge so that the tip of the sword lines up with the edge of the stage it becomes nearly impossible for some character to get up (even more so on over 100%). I still can't do most of this stuff (well the edge thing I can) but just making sure you knew.

I regret not playing more ZSS and Dedede in Smash 4, they're my mains in PM.

DDD is really fun to play and I win with him about 70% of the time in for glory. Just spam gordo and d-tilt and if you can air dodge into a gordo DDD will catch it and throw it back (also DDD jump when knocked off stage).

I'm pretty sure Lucario got nerfed. His neutral game is terrible now.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Lucario_(SSB4)I don't really know much about lucario but...

I don't know what that wiki is talking about. Yes, on paper Lucario appears to be buffed with the ability to take stocks with one fsmash at 50% when he has 130% aura, as well as having a much better recovery.

However, they emphasized aura too much this time. If you lost a stock before your opponent, your disadvantage state is terrible. Lucario has very few kill moves when he's at low aura. Adds to this the fact that his attack are generally slower than they were in brawl, he has a very difficult time building damage on his opponent t and pretty much has to rely on his own aura for 20% dealing g attacks.

Tl;Dr Lucario is considered to be needed because he is very inconsistent at times and has a terrible neutral game as well as a terrible KO game when he has little to no aura.

I regret not maining Captain Falcon earlier. He's so good and so fun to use!

I do not regret choosing to replace Marth with Roy! Marth is cool, but Roy is just a much better character (and familiar enough to the point where I didn't feel like I was using somebody completely new, so I was already pretty good,)

I regret maining Falcon in Melee because so many other characters are just better but I don't regret maining Falcon in Melee because he's super fun to play in friendlies. I also regret spending a lot of time playing Wario in Smash 4/Brawl because PM's moveset is just so much cooler (no Wario Land bias).

I don't know what that wiki is talking about. Yes, on paper Lucario appears to be buffed with the ability to take stocks with one fsmash at 50% when he has 130% aura, as well as having a much better recovery.

However, they emphasized aura too much this time. If you lost a stock before your opponent, your disadvantage state is terrible. Lucario has very few kill moves when he's at low aura. Adds to this the fact that his attack are generally slower than they were in brawl, he has a very difficult time building damage on his opponent t and pretty much has to rely on his own aura for 20% dealing g attacks.

Tl;Dr Lucario is considered to be needed because he is very inconsistent at times and has a terrible neutral game as well as a terrible KO game when he has little to no aura.

Ah that actually makes a lot of sense.The smash wiki insist that zelda was buffed too.