Release hype thread

VincentASM

To take a little swerve away from (this admittedly awesome) story/dialogue stuff, I've got some technical questions:

1. The Nohr path challenge. Is it purely statistical (more foes, better stats, less exp) or is there objective variety (protect target, hold the line, clear in X turns, seize, escape, anything else other than defeat boss/defeat all)? And is there any variety in the other paths?

2. Skills/parallel seal: How does it work exactly? With 5 non-personal skill slots, only four on a direct unpromoted->promoted leveling path, how do you pick up more? If the parallel seal doesn't reset level, does using one as soon as you get a skill in the class you're in get you the parallel class' skill too? Or do you just have to buy skills off of streetpass?

3. Forging. What does it do with weapon durability gone? Is there any drawback other than resources/cost? Does it last forever and ever?

I can answer the first question (kinda)

Yes, less exp is definitely one of the reasons because you can't grind infinitely so you have to make use of every exp so that your army will be ready for anything. You don't want a single unit to me underlevelled.

Foe numbers may matter but the stats and skills they have affects more imo

Archers with counters... and the faceless in chapter 7 has a skill that hurts you apparently?

And yes, there are other objects.

Minor Spoiler on objectives

We have seen something like escape/survive in 20 turns or rout the enemies or something and some conditions that doesn't really affect your victory condition like every x turn, you will lose xxxx gold from xxxx gold

Variety on maps, yes

Minor spoilers on level objectives

on the map where are on a large ship, Hoshido side just needs you to rout the enemy but the Nohr side needs you to talk to all the green units in order to reveal the boss

Is this my longest post? xD

Edited by LoboKD001

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I haven't read all of the supports that had been translated, are supports in this game better than in FEA?

Edited by huythekirby

Huh, the idea that the Amiibo are actually the SSB version of the characters makes some sense. I wonder if they actually use Smash Bros lines?

On the other hand...

She clearly knows Owain, Inigo and Severa, and didn't think that them surviving is odd, so the second part of your theory is wrong.

In hama's stream, he fought the marth amiibo. One of his crit cut-in quotes was his infamous "Minna, miteite kure" taunt from smash.

Edit: Found the video. http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama/b/672627169 Battle starts at 4:20:20 and the crit is at 4:28:25.

So since the dlc was hacked, do we know every piece of future dlc? So far it seems we have the 3rd path dlc, beach dlc, and an awakening dlc. Are those the only ones or are there more that the hacker hasn't revealed yet?

Edited by BChan8397

Well... I haven't read all of the supports that had been translated, are supports in this game better than in FEA?

It depends from person to person, but I enjoy them so far but I can't really rate of whether they're better than the ones in Awakening.

One thing that makes me sad is that some people who were excited for the chance of gay marriage are turned off by the fact that Zero and Shara are written as cruel or sadistic in their profiles on the Fire Emblem wiki when they don't act that way at all in their support conversations towards Kamui. I can only imagine how frustrated they feel but I hope some part of them will give them a chance because things aren't what they first seemed.

I also want a link to this.

You mean

Shigure?

OMG I WANT TO HEAR HIM SING IT PLZ!! DX

OH... um.. WELL THIS IS.. um.. TO BE EXPECTED?? XD

About the DLC

Well then, since you can talk to chrom with Inigo and Cordelia, it pretty much means the rest of the awakening and not!parents can talk to him.

AND HI FREDDY AND LISSA! XD I wonder can Owain talk to Lissa then.. hmm... and is this the fields where they find Robin?

i have a direct link to the audio clip for this. Would you like it?

In hama's stream, he fought the marth amiibo. One of his crit cut-in quotes was his infamous "Minna, miteite kure" taunt from smash.

"Everyone, watch over me!"

That said, the quote is indeed from Smash. As is Marth's costume.

(But really, that should be no surprise considering this is from Marth's amiibo.)

I found something pretty awesome. Maurice linked on his tumblr to a Kamui customizer oohhhhh man. You can check out the post here.

My Kamui customizer linked on to tumblr then linked back to SF through my tumblr

how things have come full circle

Yes they are, hell, Odin's support with his daughter is great.

STILL WAITING FOR SOLEIL & LAZWARD TRANSLATION Q_Q

*cough* http://pastebin.com/6ivmdKXs *cough*

I opened the link but why did I get a little chaotic pastebin like this :

MID_支援_ソレイユ_ラズワルド_親子_C: $t1$Wmラズワルド|3$w0|$Wsラズワルド|$Waふんふん…♪$k\n$Wmソレイユ|7$w0|$Wsソレイユ|$Wa$E笑,|あ、父さ ん!\n踊りの練習?$k\n$Wsラズワルド|$Wa$E笑,|うん、そうだよ。\nソレイユは?

Is it just me?

And also I have seen a video back in some pages

So that's how Elise's dead... Marx must have been shocked... and, and... boy I didn't expect that!

I opened the link but why did I get a little chaotic pastebin like this :

MID_支援_ソレイユ_ラズワルド_親子_C: $t1$Wmラズワルド|3$w0|$Wsラズワルド|$Waふんふん…♪$k\n$Wmソレイユ|7$w0|$Wsソレイユ|$Wa$E笑,|あ、父さ ん!\n踊りの練習?$k\n$Wsラズワルド|$Wa$E笑,|うん、そうだよ。\nソレイユは?

Is it just me?

And also I have seen a video back in some pages

So that's how Elise's dead... Marx must have been shocked... and, and... boy I didn't expect that!

It's still from the text dump that people got when they went through the game's files, so there are a lot of unneeded symbols and letters in there, was hoping someone would be kind enough to organize and translate it.

Edited by Xanek

While idk if it's after you bathe with your significant other, but himynameismaurice did stream himself blowing into his 3DS on one of the face-rubbing parts with Leon which showed air being blown onto Leon's face, which did separate Leon's hair. Note that there was a "steamy" looking effect around the character, and a prompt that appeared before hand

WHAAATTT??!!! Wow. These mechanics are really kicking it up several notches. Oh my Nintendo...