Lunatic mode...

Missile

Yes I'm playing, although progress will likely be slow. I said it's not that difficult, but it's still Lunatic and I've been spending 20~30-ish turns per chapter.

I've just cleared Chapter 5, and I'm right at the beginning of Chapter 6 where you choose sides.

I said I'd pick Nohr first, but actually seeing the game in action makes me want to change mind...

I've got up to Chapter 8 in Nohr in Lunatic and it gets quite a bit more tricky after chapter 6. Chapter 7 has every Faceless with Four Fangs(20% max HP taken off after the battle) with some of them with with Snake Venom(20% HP more taken off) and the paired up ones(both main and support) have Seal Speed. The Boss has Four Fangs, Deadly Breath and that General Skill that prevents either side from doubling.

Chapter 8 has some Fighters with Prescient Victory(+4 damage when initating battle) which caught me off guard. The enemies stats don't rise as much as Awakenings and some you can defeat in one round without much trouble but Dual Strikes, paired enemies and them seemingly having predetermined skills, the difficulty built up quickly si far. In addition it appears to me(but I can't be certain) EXP gain for killing enemies decreases sharply if you're a few levels higher than the enemies.

How'd you guys get past Chapter 5? Anyway I approach it, the slayers and mages at the bottom murder me from every direction.

I've gotten up to Chapter 11 now. Seems like Lunatic is taking some Lunatic+ notes itself, though it appears every skill really is fixed so the same enemies will always have the same skills when you play the chapter.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/MlWA77uRt_sVpiFqgm

Though that means they purposely set up enemy Asama so he has two counter skills and Miracle.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/MlWA77uR8g0IrUlYmP

How'd you guys get past Chapter 5? Anyway I approach it, the slayers and mages at the bottom murder me from every direction.

I wish I took some screenshots of it but it involes sending Corrin to handle the two Mercs on the left during turn 1(place Corrin just in range of both of them but not too close as he needs to go to the right on turn 2). placing Kaze and Rinka just outside the range of the enemies on the right(requires using pair up). Having Azura placed so she can refresh Corrin that Corrin can reach and kill the Wyrmslayer Merc on turn 2 and Kaze and Rinka killing the Mage, Sakura should be healing Kaze. Then you need to use Kaze to Lure out one of the three Mages at the south along with the Paired Wyrmslayer Mercs. The Mages should form an L shape around the chokepoint by the fountain. you kill the Mage(who's on the right side of the L formation) who you lured by using with Kaze and Rinka, then use Corrin to kill the the one who's standing in the choke point then use Azura to refresh Corrin. Then Corrin moves into the choke point and kills the remaining Mage. Corrin should be at full health and survive the attack of the Wyrmslayer Merc Pair and kill one of them on the enemy phase and then the other on the next player phase.

Reinforcements appear after that but what I've outlined is the most difficult part of the chapter. After you've dealt with the 3 Mages and the Paired Wyrmslayer Mercs the rest of the chapter is no trouble.

Edited by arvilino

I've gotten up to Chapter 11 now. Seems like Lunatic is taking some Lunatic+ notes itself, though it appears every skill really is fixed so the same enemies will always have the same skills when you play the chapter.

This is promising. Looks like it will be less RNG based bs and more about strategy.

• 8 months later...

Chapter 5 was the most difficult so far, being only on chapter 7 (Hoshido, fuck Nohr that shit is hard xD) However on chapter 5 I spammed Azura's Sing to get her to level 17 (136 turns)
Once I get more of a feel for Lunatic on Fates, I'll go revelation, then Conquest. Again, Fuck conquest. :D
(On a side note, just finished Revelations, and made a near fucking perfect Forrest at birth, made him Sorcerer and he's OP as fuck)

Try getting Azura to level 15 or above, Takes a while, but she can KO the mages with that.

I went left and killed the 2 guys there, then went right to finish off the wyrmslayer and extra. Then I spammed for about 120 turns azura sing to get her to lvl 17. Then she could take on mages. I then approached from the left, leading with azura, and Rinkah. Takes a bit of work, but if you're playing Casual save each round you live. Restart from the round versus the entire game.