Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

Yeah I dunno either, discussing the whole thing seems so complicated.

And yes, I derped. Wind Summon=Silence, Vanished Disaster=Rescue.

Shame that I'll have to delete the pages I made though, otherwise hmm.. (that's 20+ pages down the drain, boo hoo, etc)

Though yes, the special batons have very hilarious names

Not only that, but I'll have to relink the pages, oh noes.

Something that just occurred to me is that, there are a few items/weapons that have the same name, but different stats, how are we supposed to differentiate them? -_-

Writing "Weapon (1)" and "Weapon (2)" sounds silly though.

Oh yes, do you have any suggestion for the Lightning and Mjollnr tomes?

Currently Mjollnr is set to Mjollnr (Fates), though I haven't actually created the page

There's also the question if Shining Bow should be added on the Bright Bow page

Oh, and the Spell names

For example, the translation patch uses "Rat God - 1st E.B.", Vincent used "Rat God - 1st", and I use "Rat God - First Branch"

Update 11:

I have way too many things to say.

In any case, I'm trying to think of what Reverse God should be, because I'm not sure what N.E stands for

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rey, shadow of chaos, translated thunder God katana as Raijintou. There must be something about the Japanese grammar that changes certain readings of Kanji. I suspect wind God bow is Fuujinkyuu

Rey, shadow of chaos, translated thunder God katana as Raijintou. There must be something about the Japanese grammar that changes certain readings of Kanji. I suspect wind God bow is Fuujinkyuu

I wonder if anyone else has advice on the above issues

In any case, all 24 of the "Iron Throwing/Proximity" have been "merged" with their originals.

I say "merged" because I didn't actually delete the original pages.

The Proximity Yumi pages were converted into the Yumi pages, so that's why they're not there though

I've also done the same thing for Vanished Disaster and Wind Summon

Hello everyone, i was just wondering how Weapon Bonuses work? I figure A-C rank probably functions like in Awakening, but do S ranks have an even bigger bonus than A ranks? ie Swords get +4 damage for S rank.

Edited by Psyruby

Hello everyone, i was just wondering how Weapon Bonuses work? I figure A-C rank probably functions like in Awakening, but do S ranks have an even bigger bonus than A ranks? ie Swords get +4 damage for S rank.

Can't tell completely, but from the various things I've seen so far, at the very least

C/B: +1 Damage

A: +2

S: +3

Can't tell completely, but from the various things I've seen so far, at the very least

C/B: +1 Damage

A: +2

S: +3

So they basically merged C and B together but with's C's original effect, bumped B's original effect up to A, and bumped A's original effect up to S. I'm assuming that this is the case with the other weapons as well (in terms of how the bonuses are distributed).

Edited by BlueSunStudios

Can I have multiple copies of the moonlight tome, or is it plot based? :(

I have never seen that tome in any of the playthroughs that I've watched so far, so I guess it's a rare item.

Looking at the Hoshidan spells, I noticed this interesting one…

Horse God - 7th: D rank, 4 Might, 70 Hit, 1-2 range, price; 2100, Skill/Speed/Defense/Resistance +3

Is the fact that its relatively weak in attack strength really the only major drawback that his has? It sounds like ti could be quite useful for both defensive purposes (preventing being doubled and taking three less damage per hit) and some offensive purposes (i.e., securing a double attack previously inaccessible… that could be like 5 level ups worth of speed in many cases…. your damage per hit would be weaker, but if it let you secure two hits where you only got one before….

Is there anything that I'm overlooking here, or is Horse God really good for a D-rank spell?

Looking at the Hoshidan spells, I noticed this interesting one…

Horse God - 7th: D rank, 4 Might, 70 Hit, 1-2 range, price; 2100, Skill/Speed/Defense/Resistance +3

Is the fact that its relatively weak in attack strength really the only major drawback that his has? It sounds like ti could be quite useful for both defensive purposes (preventing being doubled and taking three less damage per hit) and some offensive purposes (i.e., securing a double attack previously inaccessible… that could be like 5 level ups worth of speed in many cases…. your damage per hit would be weaker, but if it let you secure two hits where you only got one before….

Is there anything that I'm overlooking here, or is Horse God really good for a D-rank spell?

You are in fact correct. Horse God, Nosferatu, the brave spell, and Excalibur make up 4 excellent spells. Horse God is used when attacking people in their blind spot at full health, Nosferatu is when you can't double and you need solid health swings, the Brave Spell is a good finisher, and Excalibur is for when you are a bit faster or need to kill flying units. Sadly, only Sorcerers( and maybe Dark Knights) have accesss to Nosferatu and Excalibur for Sorcerers, but Horse God is definitely a good spell for any Tome class.

Edited by Psyruby

You are in fact correct. Horse God, Nosferatu, the brave spell, and Excalibur make up 4 excellent spells. Horse God is used when attacking people in their blind spot at full health, Nosferatu is when you can't double and you need solid health swings, the Brave Spell is a good finisher, and Excalibur is for when you are a bit faster or need to kill flying units. Sadly, only Sorcerers( and maybe Dark Knights) have accesss to Nosferatu and Excalibur for Sorcerers, but Horse God is definitely a good spell for any Tome class.

There are technically two brave spells though, hoho.

That side, I hope this is the right topic anyway, does anyone (*is totally not looking at Vincent*) know what the Kunai Ballista Debuffs are? Hmm..

Or stats for any of the Ballistae anyway

There are technically two brave spells though, hoho.

That side, I hope this is the right topic anyway, does anyone (*is totally not looking at Vincent*) know what the Kunai Ballista Debuffs are? Hmm..

Or stats for any of the Ballistae anyway

Yeah I'm wondering about this too. It seems the turrets have a 'base' hit-rate as well, since the shots can miss. Or does this depends on the user's stats?

I personally still have no idea how the avoid formula works (regarding the staves as well), so I really can't tell.

I would bet on the turrets using their owner's skill as well, but it seems odd since I think they have 100~ hit and those missing seems weird.

Turrets don't seem to use their controller's Str, so it wouldn't be too surprising if they didn't use their controller's Skl either.

I sincerely hope that the Ballistician class does not need to rely on stage turrets. I really hope that they have their own ballistae to use seeing how they retain their very cruddy movement.

^ considering the description they have on the main site says that they ride a mobile ballista i don't think they would need to rely on the stage, as then i think the flavour text would be something like... "Has a great advantage when using a ballista" or something like that. Plus the wording of the skills especially all terrain also seem to point towards the class having its own ballista. I could be wrong though.

^ considering the description they have on the main site says that they ride a mobile ballista i don't think they would need to rely on the stage, as then i think the flavour text would be something like... "Has a great advantage when using a ballista" or something like that. Plus the wording of the skills especially all terrain also seem to point towards the class having its own ballista. I could be wrong though.

I suppose that makes sense. Come to think of it, maybe the ballista itself has some sort of attachement device where the user places their bow, since apparently ballistae are no longer their own weapon type (and the Ballistician class uses bows now). The skills are somewhat confusing as to what they refer to since the DLC class isn't out yet.

Well they do refer to a ballista command, but my main thing was that all terrain makes no sense if the ballistatican doesn't always have a ballista as the wording seems to be when of the ballistatician class you get +1 mov and no terrian mov penalties, so the name doesn't really work if you don't always have it, same thing with automatic ballista as no where does it say you need a ballista for the skill.

Anyone know if you can get more brave weapons outside of the single one you can get in the level 3 armory?

They may come as enemy drops, chest drops, or Smithy Skill drops. Other than that no one's really sure.

A Few Questions.......Cuz From Wat i have been readin and gathering on the weapons...
-There A Debuff After Almost Every Attack Phase
-Only Certain Weapons Can Double Attack
-Yumi/Bow Cant Counter Attack From 1-1 Range
-I think its a Step Back to have such game mechanics from fire emblem 1-5 As Only Unit with The Skill Continue Or Pursuit /Brave Weapons Could Double Attack... Or if u have 5 speed over a enemy's U automatically Double Attack Can someone verify..Seem like Awakening Left a Bitter taste in most ppls mouth with the guard and Skill Caps...As Soon As they introduce something like class changin in Awakening they take it away cuz butthurt ppls complain too much

Edited by NagahBlakks