I usually like love stories...

DeSu

Ok, So I'm sitting in the car. My mom is driving me to school in the morning. Instead of the radio that I'm used to, what do I hear? TWILIGHT. Yes, my mother is listening to the audiobook version of the disgusting love story that teen girls all over America are forming cults of "I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN!!!!1!OnE!" Most of my female friends read it. Fine, they're teen girls. My 2nd youngest brother read them. Fine, he's into that stuff. My youngest brother reads it. WTF, he's all "I wanna be a gangsta-ghetto-live-off-the-system-black-person". Oh well. NOW IT'S MY MOM. Not only is SHE listening to it, IIII have to hear it because it's an audiobook.

But that's not why I hate it. I hate it because it's the sappiest piece of crap I've ever heard. "His perfect face, his perfect smile, his perfect skin... I wanted to hate him, but he was so beautiful." GAAAAAH!!!!! I don't know why, but stuff like that JUST PISSES ME OFF SOO MUCH. But yeah...

Discuss your feelings on Twilight here. I will not flame you :lol:

Edit: Can someone move this to entertainment? I didn't mean to put it in general

Edited by Faiya

this book is ACTUALLY good if you remove the love thing. It's got vampires and werewolves. At first I liked it, but then the "love" showed up and killed the story. But the girl who does the voices has an AMAZING VOICE!!! Seriously, if I met a girl with her voice, instant marriage proposal :lol:

Ok, So I'm sitting in the car. My mom is driving me to school in the morning. Instead of the radio that I'm used to, what do I hear? TWILIGHT. Yes, my mother is listening to the audiobook version of the disgusting love story that teen girls all over America are forming cults of "I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN!!!!1!OnE!" Most of my female friends read it. Fine, they're teen girls. My 2nd youngest brother read them. Fine, he's into that stuff. My youngest brother reads it. WTF, he's all "I wanna be a gangsta-ghetto-live-off-the-system-black-person". Oh well. NOW IT'S MY MOM. Not only is SHE listening to it, IIII have to hear it because it's an audiobook.

But that's not why I hate it. I hate it because it's the sappiest piece of crap I've ever heard. "His perfect face, his perfect smile, his perfect skin... I wanted to hate him, but he was so beautiful." GAAAAAH!!!!! I don't know why, but stuff like that JUST PISSES ME OFF SOO MUCH. But yeah...

Discuss your feelings on Twilight here. I will not flame you :lol:

Edit: Can someone move this to entertainment? I didn't mean to put it in general

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!?

What the hell is Twilight???

Seriol?

*headache* yes, everybody frikin reads it, ugh I think I'm going to burn my sisters copy of the books

Don't be biased against because of it's huge fanbase and, admittedly, freaky fangirls.

this book is ACTUALLY good if you remove the love thing. It's got vampires and werewolves. At first I liked it, but then the "love" showed up and killed the story

I read it for the vampires and 'wolves :lol:

But there's nothing wrong with the "love" part of it. Yes, love stories are traditionally for girls, but that means nothing.

I haven't read it, but from what you said, I wont go near it

Don't say that. Put out everything you ever heard about this book and read it. Then say what you think. I guess I'm in the unique position of never having heard of it when I read it. I saw it in a bookshop and picked it up, me being a vampire fan.

I actually thought it quite good. She's not a particularly good writer, but the story and plot's riviting

Edited by Leonri

Seriol?

Don't be biased against because of it's huge fanbase and, admittedly, freaky fangirls.

I read it for the vampires and 'wolves :lol:

But there's nothing wrong with the "love" part of it. Yes, love stories are traditionally for girls, but that means nothing.

Don't say that. Put out everything you ever heard about this book and read it. Then say what you think. I guess I'm in the unique position of never having heard of it when I read it. I saw it in a bookshop and picked it up, me being a vampire fan.

I actually thought it quite good. She's not a particularly good writer, but the story and plot's riviting

Love is good. Sappiness is not

I have a special relationship with Twilight.

Now, before we say anything, I love Romances. Very much.

To me, Twilight was a good book, except for the parts with Edward and Bella. Edward is completely unrealistic and totally flat as a character. As in, neither Bella nor Edward has a personality. Their only really distinguishing features are:

Edward is beautiful.

Bella is REALLY annoying.

They're both stupid (like, the actual character's exhibit very little intelligence).

Stephanie Meyers seems to think she needs to repeat how ZOMGWTFLOLBeautiful Edward is every single goddamn page.

Also, the so called "romance" is the same scene plastered over everything. Keep in mind though, I have only read Twilight, not any of the sequels.

On the other hand, some of the minor character's and ideas where really good. I less than three Alice. :P

In conclusion, Twilight is what I would call mediocre. Average. Neither bad nor good, neither abysmal nor celestial. It has no significant features other than being popular.

Now, keep in mind, I enjoyed it, but I can enjoy anything, even bad books. There is a MASSIVE difference between something being enjoyable and being good.

Yes, the repeating "He's so beautiful" is definitely annoying. Edward seems to be annoying as well as Bella. My mom is on the second book in the series now. It's terrible...TT_TT

This thread is hilarious. I feel sorry for you...

I'm glad my pain amuses you. :angry:

I'm very shocked now. I was half-listening and then I heard my mom gasp. Apparently there was a rape scene. :mellow:

I love the Twilight series, being a fan of anything romantic. <3 If you ignore the fact that Edward's a Mary Sue and Bella is a whiny brat that causes every trouble, it's an enjoyable series. ^_^

I love the Twilight series, being a fan of anything romantic. <3 If you ignore the fact that Edward's a Mary Sue and Bella is a whiny brat that causes every trouble, it's an enjoyable series. ^_^

Ditto.Couldn't have said it better myself. Vampire love story=win.

Does being a male Twilight fan make you feel, well, lonely? We're firmly in the minority.....

I have a special relationship with Twilight.

Now, before we say anything, I love Romances. Very much.

To me, Twilight was a good book, except for the parts with Edward and Bella. Edward is completely unrealistic and totally flat as a character. As in, neither Bella nor Edward has a personality. Their only really distinguishing features are:

Edward is beautiful.

Bella is REALLY annoying.

They're both stupid (like, the actual character's exhibit very little intelligence).

Stephanie Meyers seems to think she needs to repeat how ZOMGWTFLOLBeautiful Edward is every single goddamn page.

Also, the so called "romance" is the same scene plastered over everything. Keep in mind though, I have only read Twilight, not any of the sequels.

On the other hand, some of the minor character's and ideas where really good. I less than three Alice. :P

In conclusion, Twilight is what I would call mediocre. Average. Neither bad nor good, neither abysmal nor celestial. It has no significant features other than being popular.

Now, keep in mind, I enjoyed it, but I can enjoy anything, even bad books. There is a MASSIVE difference between something being enjoyable and being good.

I agree with just about everything in this post. These were my exact feelings on the series. (I've read all four.)

I didn't like reading about Edward and Bella, as they were probably some of my least favourite characters in the book despite the fact that they were the main characters. I mean, I didn't hate them, but I didn't like them either. Plus, their relationship was just....I mean, some parts were sweet, I guess, but...meh. I don't know how to explain it. XD

Surprisingly, most of my favourite characters in the series (other then Jasper) are all minor characters that don't show up until book four.

Book four spoilers:

Those favourite characters being Garrett, (Garrett/Kate OTP) Benjamin, (He's the avatar. Seriously. Bald and controls the four elements) and the two Romanians. (THEY WERE AWESOME)

Speaking of which, the ending of that book was...strange. I mean, it's weird enough that Bella has a half-vampire kid that is omg destined to be with Jacob even though he digged her mom only a month ago, but the whole Volturi fight was lols. I mean, there were good parts to it, but it ends with the Volturi basically going "olol, nvm our attack, Bella's too overpowered so we leave nao kkthxbai"

And truth be told, I loved the werewolf part of the story the best. The pack always interested me more then the Cullens. Was I the only one who really liked Leah, even though she is a bitch? >_>

And Stephenie Meyer's writing isn't the best I've read, but it didn't bother me too much. Besides, her writing improves quite a bit in her other book, 'The Host,' in my opinion.

Edited by Songbird

I agree with just about everything in this post. These were my exact feelings on the series. (I've read all four.)

I didn't like reading about Edward and Bella, as they were probably some of my least favourite characters in the book despite the fact that they were the main characters. I mean, I didn't hate them, but I didn't like them either. Plus, their relationship was just....I mean, some parts were sweet, I guess, but...meh. I don't know how to explain it. XD

Surprisingly, most of my favourite characters in the series (other then Jasper) are all minor characters that don't show up until book four.

Book four spoilers:

Those favourite characters being Garrett, (Garrett/Kate OTP) Benjamin, (He's the avatar. Seriously. Bald and controls the four elements) and the two Romanians. (THEY WERE AWESOME)

Speaking of which, the ending of that book was...strange. I mean, it's weird enough that Bella has a half-vampire kid that is omg destined to be with Jacob even though he digged her mom only a month ago, but the whole Volturi fight was lols. I mean, there were good parts to it, but it ends with the Volturi basically going "olol, nvm our attack, Bella's too overpowered so we leave nao kkthxbai"

And truth be told, I loved the werewolf part of the story the best. The pack always interested me more then the Cullens. Was I the only one who really liked Leah, even though she is a bitch? >_>

And Stephenie Meyer's writing isn't the best I've read, but it didn't bother me too much. Besides, her writing improves quite a bit in her other book, 'The Host,' in my opinion.

Bellz x Jacob pairing FTW. It's not fair that Edward gets her :(

Seriously, though. From what I've heard, the only cool characters are Jacob and Rosalee( I heard the name, dunno how to spell). Rosalee kills people in a wedding dress. That's kickass.n