Spoiler Free Discussion Thread

Yeah, Takumi is looking to be a pretty OP unit, thanks to that awsome awsome bow that has 14 might and brings all terrain's movement cost to 1. And his skills... one set he might get is Rivalry(personal skill, if he's the lead and his level is lower than the support, Critical rate +10, damage +3 and damage recieved -1), Defence Seal, Speed Seal, Proximity Shot, Bowfaire and Breaking Sky. Damn he looks like the perfect chip unit. And his style is fantastic. What's not to love about him?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takumi is pretty beastly, mostly because of his high damage output. Of course he can't counter during enemy phase but that's what all the 1/1-2 range bows are for.

Do remember that he also gets Prescient Victory by default, more damage output.

Proximity shot isn't available right now though, but it would certainly turn him into an absolute killing machine

Slight detour: even though Dread Fighters getting hidden weapons instead of magic makes more sense, I still reallllly dislike the change. FE13 DF Owain was such an awesome unit because of his versatility. You're wielding a lance? Meet me my axe. You're wielding an axe? My sword can handle that. You're wielding a sword or have high defense in general? Blast you with a forged class S tome.

R.I.P. FE13 version of Dread Fighter.

I'm just glad Dread Fighter isn't as broken as it was before =P

Though I agree with everything Tamanoir says above, it hasn't been nerfed that much. Full WTA, ranged option, debuffs... About the only thing the class can't do is deal reliable magic damage since the magic growth is pretty low. And that's somewhat fixed by Agressor anyways.

Also, if I understand the Clear Mind skill right, they are better at using certain weapons than other classes too.

Yeah, Takumi is looking to be a pretty OP unit, thanks to that awsome awsome bow that has 14 might and brings all terrain's movement cost to 1. And his skills... one set he might get is Rivalry(personal skill, if he's the lead and his level is lower than the support, Critical rate +10, damage +3 and damage recieved -1), Defence Seal, Speed Seal, Proximity Shot, Bowfaire and Breaking Sky. Damn he looks like the perfect chip unit. And his style is fantastic. What's not to love about him?

He's on Hoshido

He's on Hoshido

Damn that's true. Well we have a fair share of awsome characters on Nohr too, so that's not to bad. And from what I've seen, Leo's Brunnhilde is a really good anti-magic weapon, though it isn't as powerful as the Fuujin Bow.

Damn that's true. Well we have a fair share of awsome characters on Nohr too, so that's not to bad. And from what I've seen, Leo's Brunnhilde is a really good anti-magic weapon, though it isn't as powerful as the Fuujin Bow.

It's interesting how the Nohr's special weapons emphasize defences, while the Hoshido ones emphasizes offenses.

Edited by Tamanoir

What makes you say that?

Well, Siegfried and the Raijin are the most obvious example : nearly identical (Raijin boosts Avo, while Siegfried boosts Crit Avo), but Raijin boosts Strength and Siegfried Defence.

Then there are the different version of the Yato, one boosting Strength and Speed (for Hoshido), the other Defence and Resistance. (for Nohr)

Leo and Takumi fits the less, but Leo's chance to half Magic damage is more defensive, while ignoring terrain effects helps offence.

Well, Siegfried and the Raijin are the most obvious example : nearly identical (Raijin boosts Avo, while Siegfried boosts Crit Avo), but Raijin boosts Strength and Siegfried Defence.

Then there are the different version of the Yato, one boosting Strength and Speed (for Hoshido), the other Defence and Resistance. (for Nohr)

Leo and Takumi fits the less, but Leo's chance to half Magic damage is more defensive, while ignoring terrain effects helps offence.

Oh neat, never realized that about Yato. It does seem like White Blood and Dark Blood conform to this as well (White Blood seems more strength and defense based and Dark Blood magic and resistance based).

I haven't taken a critical look, but it appears the weapon classes follows the same pattern. For example, the katanas grant lower def and res and higher speed.

I don't know, this version of the Dread Knight is pretty cool too.

It has total Weapon Triangle Control (something shared with only Weapon Master and Great Knight.), including a ranged option. and the ability to inflict debuffs.

They're not less versatile, just differently so. (and they can still uses magic weapons if needed anyway.)

The skill I am personally the most excited about is Proximity shot. It would makes Takumi really powerfull.

I assume you're referring to magical weapons like Levin's Sword?

And yea it's still versatile (arguably more so with debuffing ability) but I preferred the ability to use tomes.. It was just a preference of mine.

And what is proximity shot? I didn't see it on any of the skill pages.

Takumi is pretty beastly, mostly because of his high damage output. Of course he can't counter during enemy phase but that's what all the 1/1-2 range bows are for.

Do remember that he also gets Prescient Victory by default, more damage output.

Proximity shot isn't available right now though, but it would certainly turn him into an absolute killing machine

That's interesting, I remember like a day or two after the game came out people said he was "meh". I was leaning towards using Setsuna as my bow-locked unit but maybe I should reconsider.

I'm just glad Dread Fighter isn't as broken as it was before =P

Though I agree with everything Tamanoir says above, it hasn't been nerfed that much. Full WTA, ranged option, debuffs... About the only thing the class can't do is deal reliable magic damage since the magic growth is pretty low. And that's somewhat fixed by Agressor anyways.

Also, if I understand the Clear Mind skill right, they are better at using certain weapons than other classes too.

Yea like I said to Tamanoir, all that's technically true but a class that could wield 2 physical weapons and tomes was an FE dream of mine pre-FE13 so even if it's not really nerfed, I'll always have a soft and bias towards the FE13 version.

And Clear Mind just sounds like it removes debuffs quicker.

BTW, has anyone who's seen Dread Fighter paid to attention to if it still has that kitty shield on it's shoulder? Was the only design thing I didn't like about it.

I assume you're referring to magical weapons like Levin's Sword?

And yea it's still versatile (arguably more so with debuffing ability) but I preferred the ability to use tomes.. It was just a preference of mine.

And what is proximity shot? I didn't see it on any of the skill pages.

That's interesting, I remember like a day or two after the game came out people said he was "meh". I was leaning towards using Setsuna as my bow-locked unit but maybe I should reconsider.

Yea like I said to Tamanoir, all that's technically true but a class that could wield 2 physical weapons and tomes was an FE dream of mine pre-FE13 so even if it's not really nerfed, I'll always have a soft and bias towards the FE13 version.

BTW, has anyone who's seen Dread Fighter paid to attention to if it still has that kitty shield on it's shoulder? Was the only design thing I didn't like about it.

Levin Sword, Bolt Axe, Ice Tray and Leon's Cold Sword and Felicia's Ice Tray according to the main site.

Proximity Shot allows you to attack at 1 range with bows. An Item allows you to learns the skill, but it isn't out yet (it's probably DLC only.)

On the topic of Proximity Shot, I hope there's ways to avoid fighting people using DLC skills in the multiplayer mode. It'd suck having my archers being at a disadvantage just because I didn't want to spend a couple more dollars to unlock Proximity Shot.

Edited by Zachmac

The thing is, Clear Mind says you recover from "status reduction effects" twice as fast. If that applies to the stat reductions you get from using certain weapons, it's going to be pretty broken.

Just to explain further, it was recently found out that at least some weapons' stat reductions recover by 1 per turn, not completely for next turn. Someone on this forum (don't remember who) got Oboro with -15 Strength or something like that from overusing Silver Naginata... Assuming Clear Mind affects that stat change, one use of Silver weapons per turn shouldn't result in any stat reductions (recovering 2 points instead of 1)

I did a quick search on main site and that effect is listed on 2 weapons of every type (counting swords/katanas etc. as different types here), except for tomes which have 3.

Of course, it's possible Clear Mind doesn't affect these, but who knows. I should ask on the skill thread.

I remember I saw a class roll video on youtube with Dread Fighter, but don't remember if it had the mask or not... (I'm pretty sure it's actually fox though)

EDIT: found it. It was hard to see, but seems like they still have it, except now they come with a matching tail too.

Edited by Sylphid

On the topic of Proximity Shot, I hope there's ways to avoid fighting people using DLC skills in the multiplayer mode. It'd suck having my archers being at a disadvantage just because I didn't want to spend a couple more dollars to unlock Proximity Shot.

It does take up a skill slot.

If you have a good enough skillbuildyour archer might be better then theirs.

(Some skills do make a difference).

But yea, vantage, vengeance, proximity shot willne awesome.

I think Breaking Sky might be the best offensive skill out there. (1,5 x Skill)% chance of activation, and half of the enemy's Str/Mag gets added to your damage. I've heard that a lot of enemies in the late game hit hard, so you can use that at you advantage. And Vengeance has been nerfed, so I don't think it's worth a skill slot anymore.

What do you think about multiplayer? It has been confirmed that this game has full 5vs5 units pvp online matches. I'm really looking forward to it. We might even make SF touraments! (I'm expecting Defensive Formation to be a must, and I love it)

Edited by Soen

I don't recall the Vengeance nerf, but I was never really a fan of Vengeance anyway

Breaking Sky is largely okay I guess, assuming you face maxed out enemies or so

Long story short, my main gripe with Breaking Sky is that a mage has no use for it when facing 0 mag enemies, and likewise for physical units against 0 str units.

I suppose it balances out in the end, and it's mostly meant to be used against enemies with higher stats I guess

I don't recall the Vengeance nerf, but I was never really a fan of Vengeance anyway

Long story short, my main gripe with Breaking Sky is that a mage has no use for it when facing 0 mag enemies, and likewise for physical units against 0 str units.

I suppose it balances out in the end, and it's mostly meant to be used against enemies with higher stats I guess

The way I see it, Breaking Sky will always be useful for physical offensive units (mages not so much), because the type of unit that would have 0 Str is almost always going to have shit Def and can therefore be killed without the help of a proc anyway.

On enemies, Str and Def should scale similarly (probably more common to have higher Str than Def), so Breaking Sky will be at least as useful as Luna for the most part, with a higher activation rate.

Levin Sword, Bolt Axe, Ice Tray and Leon's Cold Sword and Felicia's Ice Tray according to the main site.

Proximity Shot allows you to attack at 1 range with bows. An Item allows you to learns the skill, but it isn't out yet (it's probably DLC only.)

Wow sounds like the archer equivalent of Delphi Shield. I'll definitely be getting that DLC.

The thing is, Clear Mind says you recover from "status reduction effects" twice as fast. If that applies to the stat reductions you get from using certain weapons, it's going to be pretty broken.

Just to explain further, it was recently found out that at least some weapons' stat reductions recover by 1 per turn, not completely for next turn. Someone on this forum (don't remember who) got Oboro with -15 Strength or something like that from overusing Silver Naginata... Assuming Clear Mind affects that stat change, one use of Silver weapons per turn shouldn't result in any stat reductions (recovering 2 points instead of 1)

I did a quick search on main site and that effect is listed on 2 weapons of every type (counting swords/katanas etc. as different types here), except for tomes which have 3.

Of course, it's possible Clear Mind doesn't affect these, but who knows. I should ask on the skill thread.

I remember I saw a class roll video on youtube with Dread Fighter, but don't remember if it had the mask or not... (I'm pretty sure it's actually fox though)

EDIT: found it. It was hard to see, but seems like they still have it, except now they come with a matching tail too.

...Well that changes everything. I was wondering why on Earth I'd be deterred from using Silver Weapons but now that know that ("Critical Evade -5; after battle, Strength and Skill -2; stats recover by 1 each turn"), it sounds like you really will have to put some thought into choosing weapons. I remember in a preview that you could "reduce a weapons weakness" by forging, I wonder if you can reduce how the stat penalty for a weapon? If not, sounds like an forged Brave Weapon with a boosted Hit would be the "best" generic weapon.

Regardless, I'm definitely going to have to make my best units A+ with a Dread Ninja if Clear Mind works like you speculate it does.

And ugh, added a tail? Guess I'm not making any males Dread Fighters (assuming it's not still gender exclusive).

Breaking Sky sounds like a watered down version of Ignis, although like you said it would probably work better late in-game or on a potential Apot DLC.

Wow sounds like the archer equivalent of Delphi Shield. I'll definitely be getting that DLC.

...Well that changes everything. I was wondering why on Earth I'd be deterred from using Silver Weapons but now that know that ("Critical Evade -5; after battle, Strength and Skill -2; stats recover by 1 each turn"), it sounds like you really will have to put some thought into choosing weapons. I remember in a preview that you could "reduce a weapons weakness" by forging, I wonder if you can reduce how the stat penalty for a weapon? If not, sounds like an forged Brave Weapon with a boosted Hit would be the "best" generic weapon.

Regardless, I'm definitely going to have to make my best units A+ with a Dread Ninja if Clear Mind works like you speculate it does.

And ugh, added a tail? Guess I'm not making any males Dread Fighters (assuming it's not still gender exclusive).

Breaking Sky sounds like a watered down version of Ignis, although like you said it would probably work better late in-game or on a potential Apot DLC.

Apparently, the stat reduction don't apply to the support unit in Attack Stance. 7

But yeah, lots of thoughts will be put in which weapons you uses.

I think when they talk about "reducing weakness", they simply means that if you strengthen the weapons, the stats reduction will become less important proportionally (for example, if you had +10 hit and +2 Might, you can loose 2 Str and 2 Skl and find yourself as strong as with a normal Silver Weapons).

Has anyone tried Phoenix Lunatic mode? From what I've read phoenix mode is really hard to loose and Lunatic mode is really hard to win. So which trumps which, is phoenix lunatic mode easy or hard or does it give a unique experience?

Has anyone tried Phoenix Lunatic mode? From what I've read phoenix mode is really hard to loose and Lunatic mode is really hard to win. So which trumps which, is phoenix lunatic mode easy or hard or does it give a unique experience?

You can only use Phoenix in Normal mode, if what I heared was right.

Can't do it. Phoenix is only allowed on Normal. I wish you could do that though.