Lovers... Shipping or Skills? - FE4

Also am I the only one who thinks Holyn and Briggid together is cannon?

It's hard to call the pairing cannon, it's just very popular among the modern fanbase because it gives Patty 'b' swords and Luna and gives Faval a good skill growth. The game gives no inclination that they really belong together in terms of the story, in fact it doesn't really even give any inclination that she belongs with Dew other than the fact that Patty is a thief. Briggid's three Phinora lover conversations are with Midir, Alec, and Jamke and she has an additional conversation with Midir in Chapter 3.

To answer the original question, it really depends on the playthrough, but in general it's for shipping I suppose, the 2nd generation is pretty easy as is. I really like the men whose sons inherit land to be paired, generally speaking I make sure Azel, Lex, Claude, Levin, and Jamke are paired.

Yeah, all we know is Briggid married somebody because FE5 mentions her kids, and that someone was not Lewyn. Same with Tiltyu btw. FE4 arguably points to Briggid/Midayle because of their two conversations but there's not really a canon answer.

Holyn/Briggid is excellent though.

Holyn!Patty still kinda sucks though and Faval has better fathers available than Holyn. HolynxBriggid is mainly a thing for ranked runs imo because Patty can hax her way through the arena with Luna + Hero Sword to meet the Exp requirements but that's pretty much all you'll end up doing with her. Faval also doesn't really do anything but if you wanna actually use him then Holyn shouldn't be your first choice. Jamka, Midir, Noish, Dew ... are all better.

Yeah, all we know is Briggid married somebody because FE5 mentions her kids, and that someone was not Lewyn. Same with Tiltyu btw. FE4 arguably points to Briggid/Midayle because of their two conversations but there's not really a canon answer.

Holyn/Briggid is excellent though.

I think Kaga has been really mean (as usual) with the Aideen and Briggid deal. I wonder if Japanese fans in the 90s punched eachother's guts to determine if Midir was more canon than Jamka for Aideen. I'm on team Midir.

On Tiltyu's case, Kaga said he envisioned Azel as her canon love interest, in his notes, so there's Word of God to back that up.

I think Kaga has been really mean (as usual) with the Aideen and Briggid deal. I wonder if Japanese fans in the 90s punched eachother's guts to determine if Midir was more canon than Jamka for Aideen. I'm on team Midir.

On Tiltyu's case, Kaga said he envisioned Azel as her canon love interest, in his notes, so there's Word of God to back that up.

Can you provide i link to where in his notes he said that? (because i'm pretty sure that it was in reference to an earlier concept that did not make it into the final product like, along with things like ares being eltoshan and lachesis's kid.)

Can you provide i link to where in his notes he said that? (because i'm pretty sure that it was in reference to an earlier concept that did not make it into the final product like, along with things like ares being eltoshan and lachesis's kid.)

Yeah, I'd love to see that, not least because I love any translated Kaga stuff. If it's translated, that is. If you have the text of the original, share that anyway. All I remember seeing with regard to Tiltyu-Azel dated back to the "One's Dream" notes, which are early story ideas.

Personally I really like mixing up the pairings every playthrough. Cause even if you get one garbage son *cough* Azel!Lester*cough* the rest of your team can carry you through- heck, Shanan, Aless, and Celice alone can win you the game.

Potential narrative-wise, my favorites are:
Azel/Lachesis
Levin/Tiltyu
Claude/Ferry

So she won`t end up like a certain um thief we know who sucks really bad and needs boss abuse to level up at all.. Dew? sounds a lot like Dew.

Yes, wouldn't want her to have those insane growths.

tumblr_nv17gh9uXu1r4k8lno1_540.png

This Dew was raised on a steady diet of bandits and pirates (and the love of his sowrd wife).

Edited by Damosel