Camilla, Belka, and Lazward's daughter {Spoilers}

Chrosion

I'm pretty sure Camilla and Belka don't have same-sex S-rank supports, but what about Soleil? Her personal skill is literally "Girl Lover" so I don't see how she'll be able to have S-ranks with males??? Are they all "I'm a lesbian but every other girl is straight so I'll marry you instead" like I don't understand, this would've been a very easy to pull off same-sex marriage option. I mentioned Camilla and Belka because Belka's description thingy mentions she likes "strong girls" and I saw on Tumblr some screencaps of Camilla hitting on Hinoka saying "you know, you're my type" and calling her cute and stuff. So...? These to me at least seem to be easy same-sex options.

I'm pretty sure Camilla and Belka don't have same-sex S-rank supports, but what about Soleil? Her personal skill is literally "Girl Lover" so I don't see how she'll be able to have S-ranks with males??? Are they all "I'm a lesbian but every other girl is straight so I'll marry you instead" like I don't understand, this would've been a very easy to pull off same-sex marriage option. I mentioned Camilla and Belka because Belka's description thingy mentions she likes "strong girls" and I saw on Tumblr some screencaps of Camilla hitting on Hinoka saying "you know, you're my type" and calling her cute and stuff. So...? These to me at least seem to be easy same-sex options.

Camilla likes strong girls, not Belka. Hence why Camilla likes Belka.

And the only lesbian option is Shara, Tharja's lookalike. Although I agree that the thing with Soleil is weird and that she could have easily been a same sex support.

Camilla likes strong girls, not Belka. Hence why Camilla likes Belka.

And the only lesbian option is Shara, Tharja's lookalike. Although I agree that the thing with Soleil is weird and that she could have easily been a same sex support.

oh, really lol? I could've sworn everyone was like "omg is she gay" when a Famitsu was released with that in Belka's description.

And yeah I know Shara is the only lesbian option. :/ shame that the two same-sex options are sadists.

Yeah I don't get it either. We've got characters like Silas, Camilla and Soleil who would make complete sense as same sex romance options, and instead they give us the sadist torturer and the creepy stalker. Oh well, it's a start, hopefully they'll do better next time.

I'm not even annoyed that Zero and Shara are available for same sex romance, it's just strange that characters that would make much more sense aren't.

Yeah I don't get it either. We've got characters like Silas, Camilla and Soleil who would make complete sense as same sex romance options, and instead they give us the sadist torturer and the creepy stalker. Oh well, it's a start, hopefully they'll do better next time.

I'm not even annoyed that Zero and Shara are available for same sex romance, it's just strange that characters that would make much more sense aren't.

Yes! Silas 100% he's the childhood friend and he said he became a knight in hopes that he'd see MU again like how cute is that... in Awakening I didn't like Tharja at all because she's abusive like she put curses and hexes on her daughter and husband how fucked up is that lmao

Honestly speaking, I'm glad Camilla isn't a same sex pairing option.

I imagine she would get even more "slut" comments if she could flirt with girls too. Some people like to bash her character in anyway possible, so I'm willing to bet money on it.

Honestly speaking, I'm glad Camilla isn't a same sex pairing option.

I imagine she would get even more "slut" comments if she could flirt with girls too. Some people like to bash her character in anyway possible, so I'm willing to bet money on it.

well, sexuality doesn't have to do with how much of a slut you are, and honestly I don't believe in calling girls sluts, a bit sexist imo. I could however imagine people going "not only is there incest in this game, there's LESBEAN INCEST!!1!" (even though there's no real incest hah) Camilla seems to get more positive reactions than negatives ones though, because of her erm, bountiful harvests. Her armors a bit unpractical tho lol

well, sexuality doesn't have to do with how much of a slut you are, and honestly I don't believe in calling girls sluts, a bit sexist imo. I could however imagine people going "not only is there incest in this game, there's LESBEAN INCEST!!1!" (even though there's no real incest hah) Camilla seems to get more positive reactions than negatives ones though, because of her erm, bountiful harvests. Her armors a bit unpractical tho lol

Bisexuals do have the hateful stereotypes of being called "indecisive sluts" as well as "homewreckers" and stuff about being actively involved in threesums.

I could see that carrying over in Camilla bashing by people who really dislike her.

The incest bit you mentioned would definitely happen too.

I would rather see more "moderate" characters be chosen as additional gay options, like Ryoma's son or Cyrus's daughter. I think its nice to see a character's behavior be a separate entity than their sexuality. I was naver a fan of characters like Sain, Inigo, or Heather.

I like the thought of accepting that a man can love the masculine form without being gay, or love the feminine form and be gay.

A gay pairing I really like is Lucius and Raven. I am surprised more people don't view is as a romantic relationship.

Edited by georgetruman

Bisexuals do have the hateful stereotypes of being called "indecisive sluts" as well as "homewreckers" and stuff about being actively involved in threesums.

I could see that carrying over in Camilla bashing by people who really dislike her.

People bash Camilla anyway, not sure it'd make much difference to be honest. Besides, I'd rather not have a character shoehorned in to heterosexuality just because biphobia exists.

People bash Camilla anyway, not sure it'd make much difference to be honest. Besides, I'd rather not have a character shoehorned in to heterosexuality just because biphobia exists.

Except that Camilla doesn't even seem bisexual to begin with honestly.

A woman can admire other women for their strength or beauty without being sexually attracted to them.

Hell, I admire Lena Headey and I'm pretty damn heterosexual.

A woman can admire other women for their strength or beauty without being sexually attracted to them.

I wasn't really saying that Camilla is bisexual, but simply that I'd be annoyed if they took a character who was bisexual and erased that part simply because some people are biphobic. Not that we'd know if they did that anyway, since we'd only get the finished, straight, version.

Edited by capmalachi

I know you guys are excited about same-sex marriage, but there's no need to obnoxiously give every character a same-sex option. That would be unrealistic.

​ Good thing no one's actually asking for that, then

I've been wondering this about Soleil for a while now. Not so much with other characters though, Silas never struck me as such possibility for example. I don't really pay attention to such stuff though, so.

Soleil I only noticed because of that skill and Syalla being such an odd choice ("Rejoice, we are giving you same-sex marriage! Oh but girls, your only option is a child character lawl")

The reason I put Camilla in this is because she said to Hinoka, quoted from the translator, "you're my type" so idk, lol.

The reason I put Camilla in this is because she said to Hinoka, quoted from the translator, "you're my type" so idk, lol.

I have heard other women say "you're my type of woman" to other girls who they respected or admired before, so it could be the same context.

I have heard other women say "you're my type of woman" to other girls who they respected or admired before, so it could be the same context.

ah, I guess that could make sense

(from the translator)

Camilla: Now that I look at you…

You’re my type.

Camilla: You’re cute, and very pretty.

Hinoka: …!?

Camilla: Your embarrassed face is quite wonderful, too.

seemed more like an attraction to me

I mean nobody here is asking for literally every one of the cast to be gay, just a few characters that, judging by their conversations, really could be

Hell Soleil's basically Inigo but more successful, takes 5 girls out to tea? Inigo gets rejected every time!

And Camilla's, well, hit on Hinoka several times. There's end of chapter 24 for one, and I believe the post-coronation scene she hits on Hinoka again. Her third route support with Hinoka's translation has Hinoka ending on "man she is looking at me with such a passionate look, not sure if want?" So while Hinoka might not reciprocate (as much as I do like CamillaHinoka), it is strange that Camilla can S Mamui but not Femui, since the whole adopted sibling thing doesn't seem to bother her in the least bit. And she does dote on Kamui regardless of gender, so...

Alas. Unfortunate missed opportunities. I do think Shara herself, as Not!Tharja, does make sense as a bisexual candidate at least because Tharja's supports made it pretty clear that she liked Robin regardless of gender but the game only let her S rank male, and it's a decent callback to that. It's just Soleil and Camilla both also make sense to be able to S rank female characters (even if it's just Femui) based on what they have so far as well.

ah, I guess that could make sense

(from the translator)

Camilla: Now that I look at you…

You’re my type.

Camilla: You’re cute, and very pretty.

Hinoka: …!?

Camilla: Your embarrassed face is quite wonderful, too.

seemed more like an attraction to me

There is also an anime character archetype where more "mature looking" female characters act flirty towards both genders simply to go with their design/humor rather than their sexual preferences (it's one of the few big sister archetypes in anime). Fire Emblem does try to include more of these archetypes in their games now to produce more sales, so there is a chance Camilla could be a part of that archetype.

If Soleil was a same sex marriage option I'd go for her in a heartbeat. no homo, well a bit homo

And from what I have read about her in her supports, I don't understand why she is not a romance option for Famui and I can't really imagine her marrying a man (alas none of her romantic supports have been translated yet, at least I have not seen one)

I am kind of indifferent on Camilla but I can see why people would want her as an option.

No gay option with Silas makes me sad as well, but hey I was going to marry him to my female Avatar anyway.

Edited by Tasigat

I do think it's strange that Camilla is not an option considering that she

A) Has an obsession with Kamui

B) Flirts with other female characters

When you combine the two, it feels like she'd have been a no-brainer option. Soleil also is questionable considering her supports and her personal skill; I'd have taken both of them instead of Shara/not Tharja, but... Even though it's not my favorite option, I'm still very glad that they offered one.

Zero is probably the least likeable character in the game for me so that's a shame on that side (liking to make other people suffer = no thanks) and Silas would have a much more attractive option in my opinion, but again, I'm thankful they put that in.

It's a great start and I'm hopeful for more options in future Fire Emblem games, and I'm thankful that the option is there. I do wish that Camilla/Soleil/Silas could be added via DLC, but that's just wishing thinking.

I feel like Camilla, Silas and Soleil as options for same-sex marriage would've made complete sense, especially considering how flirty Camilla is towards other female characters and how sweet Silas is to Kamui regardless of gender. I even think Azura as a female same-sex support could've been a nice option.

Despite this, I'm just glad there are same-sex marriages available in the game since I had lost hope once the kids were leaked (do a better job next time though, IS! Or give me something via DLC pls :sob: )