To Verify: How precisely does class inheritance work in this game?

astrophys

1. Does the kid start with two class sets, like other units (typically from the father, except if replaced for some reason)?

2. Does the kid inherit both classes from the mother or only her base class?

Example: To make something up, the father is a Spellcaster (default) and Priest and the mother is a Mercenary (default) and a Fighter. Would the kid get both Mercenary and Fighter from his mother, or just Mercenary?

If this works like Awakening, it would be both. However, seeing that this game might work differently than from Awakening, I

thought that I should double check on this point to see if it still works the same or if it has changed.

Or to use an example with actual characters:

Suppose Subaki x Luna. Subaki is Pegasus Warrior + Samurai. Luna is Mercenary + Pegasus Warrior.

Does Matoi get Pegasus Warrior + Samurai + Mercenary? Pegasus Warrior + Mercenary? etc.?

Does anyone who has the game, has recruited the kids, and looked at their class change options who also uses this forum know for sure yet?

Thanks.

Edited by astrophys

Yeah I want to know this myself.

Edit: Also is class skill inheritance back? For example, if I level Marx/Xander through Paladin and got Aegis, would he pass down Aegis to Siegbert?

Edited by CatskillEagle

I'm also hearing claims from GameFAQs that the buddy/marriage seals only allow access to the class tree derived from the character's starting class (secondary class in untransferable classes such as Nohr Prince, etc.).

So, in addition to the class inheritance question, which I still don't know, is this other piece of information on marriage/buddy seals also correct?

I will try to explain as best I can:

Kids inheritance:

Kids naturally have the classes from their set parent and inherit the classes of their other parent.(The exception is Aqua who dose not pass down Songstress.Kamui dose pass down Dark Prince(ss))

Kids who start out as a different class(E.g Midoriko who starts out as a Merchant rather then Ninja)inherit both their set parents classes.So those children naturally have three class sets rather then two.(Then exception is Foleo who starts out as a Rod Knight but Leon also has the option of being a Rod Knight so he naturally has Rod Knight and Dark Mage)

As I already said, children inhert the base and secondary classes of their mothers.(Again the exception is Aqua who only passes down here secondary class, Peg Warrior)

As for spouse seals and buddy seals.It is base class only.The exceptions being Kamui(I think, I have yet to hear otherwise)and Aqua, who's spouse or buddy can instead reclass into their secondary class.

Using your example of Tsubaki x Luna

Spouse Seal-Tsubaki can reclass into Merc and Luna cannot reclass into Samurai.(Luna already has Peg Warrior)

Matoi inherits Peg Warrior, Samurai and Merc.

Not what I heard.

From what I was told(Keep in mind all the info I gave was from other people here)kids inherit all the classes from both parents and if they have a different base class, it become a Kjelle situation where they have one more natural class then they should.

https://data.archive.moe/board/vg/image/1435/66/1435665117659.jpg

Heres a Femui mothered Midoriko using a parallel seal. It looks like the options are Dark Princess and Ninja.

EDIT: Azz01 is totally right though about some kids having three base classes. Lutz and Shinonome look like they also might have three.

Edited by zoned out

https://data.archive.moe/board/vg/image/1435/66/1435665117659.jpg

Heres a Femui mothered Midoriko using a parallel seal. It looks like the options are Dark Princess and Ninja.

Looks pretty legit to me. Could it be the case that the other seals (such as the Child seal, which no one seems to fully understand) give the children access to the parent's secondary classes?

Looks pretty legit to me. Could it be the case that the other seals (such as the Child seal, which no one seems to fully understand) give the children access to the parent's secondary classes?

http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1435679754257.jpg

Ophelia is using a Child Seal in the pic. Going to quote the anon who posted the pic linked.

Child seal gives insane stat boosts to a promotion from a childs base class to one of its promotion options, and marriage seals are still a bit iffy in exactly how they work.

The image looks pretty legit to me too, although I don't have the game, so I cannot be sure.

So I guess that means the end of the era of kids often having what amounted to twice the class set of their parents. At best, they would have three, up to 50% more.

Doesn't that means someone like Hinoka!Matoi would end up with only one base class, now that I think of it?

Edited by astrophys

So dose Midoriko not have access to Samurai?(a.k.a Kaze's secondary class)

According to that picture, she doesn't. Though it confuses me why there are conflicting reports on this issue, unless people are just making assumptions based on cases like Foleo where he happens to start in Leo's secondary class and inherits his primary one.

Why did this have to be so confusing >_<

This will really screw some children(E.g Matoi or really if you marry anyone of the same base class)up if this is the case but I suppose it dose balance some things out.

Well, it does mean that someone like Hinoka!Matoi is a really bad idea unless you're happy with her base class tree skills and the growths/stat mods that would result from it:

+1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res, Pegasus Warrior, Falcon Warrior, Golden Kite Warrior, Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart, Rally Speed, Mirror Strike, Soar, Sun God

Of course, if you were doing just a no-grind main game run, such things might not matter, as what you get from these things might suffice perfectly fine. But it would be poor from a skill access standpoint in optimization.

This might suggest, for example, that a unit like Matoi, working at the moment from examples on the Hoshido side, might want a mother like Oboro (Lance Fighter, for Lancefaire/Breaking Sky going Falcon Warrior) or Setsuna (Bowman, for Bowfaire/Raven Strike/Prescient Victory) going Golden Kite Warrior.

Well Matoi mother for my Hoshido run will be Felicia so I will be fine.Plus I don't think Dread Fighter and such are gender locked so there is that.(Though I have no confirmation this)

So, does this mean that if one isn't cheesing the skill system by buying them from other people's MyCastle teams, you might want the parent to class change into their secondary class before recruiting the kid (assuming things still work like in Awakening) so that you could give them a skill from the class they didn't get.

Example: Subaki giving Matoi something like Swordfaire (if she gets a mother or husband who gives her sword classes), Line of Death, Astra, Strength Seal, Vantage, or Flowing Strike.

• 3 weeks later...

As a correction to my earlier posts, it turns out that Hinoka!Matoi actually gets Pegasus/Samurai/Lancer.

Yeah, it appears that if the mother father and child all have the same base class, the child gets the mothers secondary class.

Much like with your example, Deere would get Rod Knight, Cavalier and Mercenary from a Jakob x Felicia pair.

I would still like to know what happens in the case that the parents share the same base and secondary classes like Zero x Nyx and Arthur x Belka.

Does Azura pass down Rod Knight as well to her other child (i.e. the child that is not Shigure)? For instance, if Azura marries MaMU, will Kanna have access to both Pegasus Warrior and Rod Knight, or just the former?

Edited by Minischew

Does Azura pass down Rod Knight as well to her other child (i.e. the child that is not Shigure)? For instance, if Azura marries MaMU, will Kanna have access to both Pegasus Warrior and Rod Knight, or just the former?

The only child Aqua passes Rod Knight to that is not Shigure is Matoi since Matoi starts off as a Pegasus Warrior.Everyone else just gets Pegasus Warrior.