Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

If you marry a lance fighter!Matoi, then the only thing her and Kanna want is +SPD/Cav. Their aren't many versatile lance classes, and Paladin is easily the most balanced of them all. However, Matoi will want to stay a Lance Fighter unless you really want to put emphasis on her high defense. Kanna just wants speed, and she'll be complete.

I assume you're advising +SPD from a postgame Kanna perspective? What of an in-game perspective? SPD is a good stat and all, but between Yato's +1 when equipped katana bonus, its +2 (later +4) legendary weapon effect for just having it in your inventory, Swallow Strike (because if you go Cavalier you have had time to build up a lance rank for a while and to then switch to Pegasus to pick it up without being at E-rank, and any rank you gain carries back over to the Cavalier line), and a Pegasus (or Samurai or Lance Fighter) speed bonus.

Just Yato equip + Yato inventory + Swallow Strike + default Pegasus class bonus is already worth +13 speed. One more for +14 if you have Defender. Do you really need that much SPD? Would you want STR more?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you're advising +SPD from a postgame Kanna perspective? What of an in-game perspective? SPD is a good stat and all, but between Yato's +1 when equipped katana bonus, its +2 (later +4) legendary weapon effect for just having it in your inventory, Swallow Strike (because if you go Cavalier you have had time to build up a lance rank for a while and to then switch to Pegasus to pick it up without being at E-rank, and any rank you gain carries back over to the Cavalier line), and a Pegasus (or Samurai or Lance Fighter) speed bonus.

Just Yato equip + Yato inventory + Swallow Strike + default Pegasus class bonus is already worth +13 speed. One more for +14 if you have Defender. Do you really need that much SPD? Would you want STR more?

As long as you have 30 speed, you don't have to worry about most enemies, especially in Hoshido. I'm sure with Hinoka as her mom of the two options, hitting 30 speed should be pretty easy for Matoi to do. Speed is always gonna be something you invest in towards your children, in this case it's Kanna. Her only stat not greatly affected by mods is speed. It's more of an end game kinda go, but the only assets that affect it is magic, speed and resistance, two of which aren't that great for Kamui either, especially with a cavalier secondary.

Well, you see, I know that the Ch. 28 Final boss has 32 SPD, so I actually need 37 SPD to be able to double attack him, or 38 if being sung for a second round of attacks, as it has Draconic curse and so I'd get penalized -4 STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES after the first round and then gain +3 SKL/SPD/LCK from Special Song.

Revelation's final boss is 36 SPD and doesn't have Draconic curse.

So lets see….

All values are averages, truncated down to full number values

+SPD/-LCK Paladin, from Cavalier reclass at 10/0,

Level 20/15:

39 HP, 26 Str, 11 Mag, 28 Skl, 33 Spd, 19 Lck, 22 Def, 16 Res

Level 20/20:

42 HP, 28 Str, 12 Mag, 30 Skl, 34 Spd, 21 Lck, 25 Def, 18 Res

Same conditions, but go to Great Knight:

20/15:

43 HP, 28 Str, 10 Mag, 27 Skl, 31 Spd, 17 Lck, 27 Def, 11 Res

20/20:

46 HP, 31 Str, 11 Mag, 29 Skl, 31 Spd, 18 Lck, 30 Def, 12 Res

Let's see… Yato is worth 5 speed when equipped, Matoi is worth +3 speed if Falcon Warrior…. so that's an easy +8 speed, with no complex reclasses needed….

So yes, both Paladins and Great Knights should easily be able to double the Birthright final boss…. the Paladin can even do it without Matoi's help…. Great Knight can double the Revelation final boss without tonics or Matoi's help, but not the Birthright boss [but either a tonic or Matoi makes them do so].

As for damage output, Birthright boss has 33 DEF on Lunatic; Revelation has 36 DEF on Lunatic (35 on Hard).

On Birthright/Revelation, Yato has 16 MIght and gives +4 Str, so let's bunch this together and call it "20"….. Paladins can get A rank swords, for +3, while Great Knights get B-rank, for +2. Yato deals 75% vs. Dragonskin, rather than 50% for other weapons.

So to get attack, let's add 23 to the Paladin values and 22 to the Great Knight values….

The range from 49-51 for Paladin, 50-53 for the Great Knight….

But, ah, we have not accounted for skills. As a Cavalier, you'll have learned Open Assault, and as there should be plenty of open terrain, that's +3 damage. Paladin also gets +1 if we consider Defender boosting STR, and even if we ended Great Knight, we could have promoted up to Paladin and then changed after getting Defender….

So that's 4 more damage…..

53-55 for Paladin, accounting for Open Assault + Defender, 54 - 57 for Great Knight, accounting for both skills [grabbing Defnder from Paladin has lower STR growth, but 4 levels aren't going to change the overall results, only a truncated off fraction].

A tonic can get us up two more…. 55-57 Paladin, 56-59 GK.

Now, Matoi could actually reclass as something like a Weapons Master or a Paladin if we wanted to make her give additional damage, or we could be happy with what we have here…. we also could augment damage in a variety of ways, like Hinoka's Encouragement or Battle Command

63 ATK is the threshold for dealing 20 damage a hit vs. the Revelation final boss… 64 ATK to deal 20 damage after getting Draconic cursed to the Birthright boss….

Edited by astrophys

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, just wondering if I could get some input on what My Avatar's Asset/Flaw and extra classes should be on my various planned playthroughs.

For Hoshido, I intend to marry my Female Avatar to Kaze. From what I can tell, I think a Strength Asset/Luck Flaw would compliment Kaze's Mods the best. However, if any of you think otherwise, then feel free to suggest some others.

For Nohr, I intend to marry the Waifu (Ophelia, whose Mother will be Elise). I'm not exactly sure what Mod's I should give my Avatar (as from what I understand they function more as a Pure Physical fighter), so suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by Avalanche

What is preffered class for Lazward? Does he want supportbot like Charlotte ? (str/spd mods)

Everyone wants Charlotte's support bonuses, but sadly his lord wants them more. Lazwald is solid as is, because he joins with solid enough bases and well rounded growths. But the thing is he can get speed screwed sometimes and his defense is lack luster. He's best to sticking as a Brave Hero for convenience sake, and for sol. No point going to ninja when you just got Kaze.

He'd fit right in as a myrmidon he can get from Hana and get a fast support from her. In Nohr, his pair up bonuses aren't tremendously great so he'll be infront of pair ups. While Camilla is a great mom, she doesn't have much use of Laz outside of Bow Knight support for extra movement, and you definitely don't want to stick her to pair up fodder. Charlotte always has monster pair up, but her class shares Brave Hero so that's a con. Azura has the bad situation of being a dancer, and thus shouldn't be in pair ups at all unless needed (which is a shame because she's got great speed). Same goes with Luna, which is very safe and gives a nice combo of speed and def. If you're having trouble deciding a wife, she's your choice. Both her and Azura give pegasus which is useful.

What is preffered class for Lazward? Does he want supportbot like Charlotte ? (str/spd mods)

Give him Pieri, so he can be a Paladin, while Pieri can be pairup fodder Bow Knight or Hero. Pieri also gives Str Spd Res pair up bonus and she has the fastest support growth with Lazward.

Everyone wants Charlotte's support bonuses, but sadly his lord wants them more. Lazwald is solid as is, because he joins with solid enough bases and well rounded growths. But the thing is he can get speed screwed sometimes and his defense is lack luster. He's best to sticking as a Brave Hero for convenience sake, and for sol. No point going to ninja when you just got Kaze.

He'd fit right in as a myrmidon he can get from Hana and get a fast support from her. In Nohr, his pair up bonuses aren't tremendously great so he'll be infront of pair ups. While Camilla is a great mom, she doesn't have much use of Laz outside of Bow Knight support for extra movement, and you definitely don't want to stick her to pair up fodder. Charlotte always has monster pair up, but her class shares Brave Hero so that's a con. Azura has the bad situation of being a dancer, and thus shouldn't be in pair ups at all unless needed (which is a shame because she's got great speed). Same goes with Luna, which is very safe and gives a nice combo of speed and def. If you're having trouble deciding a wife, she's your choice. Both her and Azura give pegasus which is useful.

As a samurai, Lazward is essentially just a slower version of Ryoma (without his thunder katana) and Silas (If he becomes one). While marrying him with Hana will result in great benefits for both partners, but Soleil will come off as very glassy. (No thanks to Lazward's -1 defense max stats)

If you really want to utilize him, then it better to have him marry Luna for a flying class and a no stat drop Soleil, giving him mobility, and just give him a bunch of Rally skills. His personal skill is already a weak Rally skill to begin with, so just go full Rally support.

Edited by TanatatKnight

Inigo can rally no matter what, which is why he wants to be in front of his wife. Also don't worry about defense. Plenty of Nohr classes are tanky enough to make up for it. All he wants is rallys, rally spectrum, a solid wife that doesn't hurt other pairs, and that's about it. Women like Effie are too in demand, and Lazwald isn't very picky on who's his wife, which is why Selena is a popular choice, with that she's not that great either.

I'm planning to use Shinonome in my Revelations team, what do you think?

The pair is Ryoma/Camilla

Ryoma can inherit a Ninja skill (A+ Saizou)

Camilla can inherit a Mercenary skill (A+ Selena, I'm thinking in Axebreaker)

I want him to be Holy Lancer

He will be married with Ephonie (I like the pair) and buddy of Siegberd

What skill set is good?

His final class set are

Lancer, Samurai, Wyvern Rider, Outlaw and Cavalier with one Ninja Skill and one Mercenary skill

Shinonome can get any Oni Savage skill because he will be Rinka's son and Pegasus skill since I want to marry Matoi with him in my Hoshido run and he could get another class with a Hoshido buddy

Edited by luis_lara12345

I made a thing.

It's a spreadsheet with Max Stats, to try and make it easier to reference. Don't know if anyone other than myself would find it useful, but I already went through the trouble, so I thought I'd share. Also, the "Best Combo" parts in the Kamui tab are for personal use, so don't place too much stock in them.

Does anybody know if you Child Characters can inherit DLC Class Skills? I was planning on making Odin a Dread Fighter on my first playthrough and am curious if I can pass down any of it's Skills to Ophelia?

Does anybody know if you Child Characters can inherit DLC Class Skills? I was planning on making Odin a Dread Fighter on my first playthrough and am curious if I can pass down any of it's Skills to Ophelia?

nope

you can't but you can make Ophelia a Dread Fighter too since it's not gender locked anymore.

On my male!kamui run, I'll be marrying him to Rhajat. He will be an Onmyoji/Exorcist, but his secondary class is Dark Mage (+Res -Skl). Sakura is Rhajat's mother. Marriage gives Syalla the Dark Mage class as well. I'm going to make either the resulting Kanna a Witch, or Rhajat a Witch, and the other a Sorcerer. Which one should be the Witch, and which one the Sorcerer?

I intend to run a Warp & Copycat Puppet skillset on the witch, if that helps.

So I'm planning a child run for Revelation abd I want to use Kisaragi but I don't want him to be a Holy Bowman or Golden Kite Warrior since I'll have Eponine (or rather, Nina), so what is his best reclass option?

Oboro!Kisaragi class sets:

Spear Fighter: Holy Lancer or Basara

Herb Merchant: Great Merchant or Mechanist

Samurai (from Hisame): Swordmaster or Weapon Master

Monk (from Mitama): War Monk or Spellcaster

So I'm planning a child run for Revelation abd I want to use Kisaragi but I don't want him to be a Holy Bowman or Golden Kite Warrior since I'll have Eponine (or rather, Nina), so what is his best reclass option?

Oboro!Kisaragi class sets:

Spear Fighter: Holy Lancer or Basara

Herb Merchant: Great Merchant or Mechanist

Samurai (from Hisame): Swordmaster or Weapon Master

Monk (from Mitama): War Monk or Spellcaster

Dunno but if you are talking about class diversity, maybe you can make him Weapon Master or War Monk because he can make use of his Lancefaire on those classes, or maybe Great Merchant (Bows,Lances) though probably you will use Midoriko for that class.

I wouldn't go Great Merchant due to it's weapon preferance of bows and slow nature. Midoriko can make it work because of her dad, but Oboro!Kisaragi won't enjoy it much. It's best to stick him to golden kite knight with both faires and extravagant/line of death + astra/breaking sky

I have one question, how much more damage have Exorcist!Sakura to WarPiriestess!Sakura?
Her husband will me Trueblade!Marx probably so i wonder, if this B with Bows will scew her up.

As exorcist Sakura gives Marx needed SPD which is nice, however when she's priestess Marx can support her offensive abilities nicely, right?
Can't decide between those two. :S