Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

True, true. Although mercenary is a pretty good class line that'll be good for any husband of hers, as long as he doesn't already have it of course.

Edit- Benoit does actually pass down fighter to Ignis as well though, so while he doesn't have mercenary unless he inherits it from his mother, there is some overlap in Ignis' class trees. I still think he's a good choice as husband for Soleil though.

of course he is. I don't like him tho so he wouldn't get someone I like unless he's in the main squad. And he isn't. But yeah second best option for me personally. For soleil stat wise

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, let's have a look then.

An A+ with Ophelia would give access to lifetaker from the dark knight class, and vengeance from sorcerer, those could be useful. Either Luna or Aegis could be passed down from Lazward via an A+ with Xander, although not both. Camilla's A+ options are Luna, who doesn't give Soleil any skills she can't get on her own, Elise and Belka. Belka's class trade is theoretically wyvern rider, unless it turns out that buddy seals with a class you share will trade the reclass instead, but since we don't know we'll assume Camilla is going to A+ Elise. From there I'd recommend grabbing battle command and passing that down, although it may well not end up being used.

As for husbands for Soleil, that's rather more complicated. Siegbert does give the cavalier line which has a number of good skills in it so he's a solid choice. Ignis is also an option, he grants access to luna via great knight, and since Lazward can pass down aegis that's the really good skills from cavalier covered, and he gives general as well which is a brilliant class, although maybe not perfect for Soleil. I think I'd recommend Ignis over Siegbert, for the added access to the general class skills, pavise especially.

I'm not sure about exactly which skills to use, and to be honest I'm very tired, so I'll leave it to someone else to come with an exact skillset.

Elise seems good!!!

-Deadly Breath

-Snake Venom

-Aegis

-Battle Command (?)

-Pavise/Luna

Btw have the Marriage and Buddy Seal mechanics been 100% confirmed? Does it only let a unit reclass into the base class of the partner, or their secondary class if the unit already has the primary class?

so I was really looking forward to making a Puppet master Soleil and once I saw that Mozume would be an ally on nohr as well I have to ask.

Will children mothered by mozume inherit her archer class? because I just want to pass down aptitude and take her straight along the archer line. however from what ive read so far it seems Im going to have to do the reverse as in passing down bowfaire and making her a villager

Soleil would inherit the villager line from her mother since she doesn't have it already. You'd have to pass a skill from Mozume's bowman line to get the skill OR S rank/A+ another unit who has bowman. Like if Soleil S ranks Kisaragi, THEN she could get Bowman

Elise seems good!!!

-Deadly Breath

-Snake Venom

-Aegis

-Battle Command (?)

-Pavise/Luna

I'm personally having trouble deciding which of snake venom and pavise is actually the best to have, should probably make sure you take luna though. Can someone clarify how deadly breath works for me? It says it reduces the HP of enemies within 2 tiles by 20% but, one, is that 20% of max or current HP (this goes for snake venom too), and two, does it include the enemy you're actually fighting?

I'm personally having trouble deciding which of snake venom and pavise is actually the best to have, should probably make sure you take luna though. Can someone clarify how deadly breath works for me? It says it reduces the HP of enemies within 2 tiles by 20% but, one, is that 20% of max or current HP (this goes for snake venom too), and two, does it include the enemy you're actually fighting?

I believe it is 20% of max HP, however it cannot kill, and yes it does include the enemy you are fighting.

I believe it is 20% of max HP, however it cannot kill, and yes it does include the enemy you are fighting.

Ah, that's unfortunate although not entirely unexpected. Does that apply to snake venom as well? If so, I'm not sure that snake venom is really worth it. At least deadly breath will affect multiple units.

Ah, that's unfortunate although not entirely unexpected. Does that apply to snake venom as well? If so, I'm not sure that snake venom is really worth it. At least deadly breath will affect multiple units.

I'm not sure on snake venom, although I would assume it to be the same as deadly breath [20%, but not kill] only not as ranged.

I really like that new 1-2 range magic bow so I tried build a 2nd gen around it.

Sakura x Elise (Rod Knight skills)

Tsukuyomi x Benoit (Knight skills)

Sakura!Syalla @ War Priestess x (S) Kisaragi x (A+) Ophelia

-Bowfaire

-Breaking Sky/Vengeance

-Servant's Joy (Sakura's inheritance) ?

-Flamboyant

-Pavise (Tsukuyomi inheritance) ?

STR 1 MAG 4 SKL -1 SPD 4 LCK 2 DEF -1 RES 0

Switches between physical bows and magical bows depending on which stat is higher on the enemy. It feels like a Bride imo.

I'm not too sure about Servan'ts Joy, just thought it would go nice with the healing part of the class. Sakura could pass Pegaus skills instead, but I'm not sure which one. Since the shining bow has -20 Avoid and 70 Hit, I thought that since it seems that she will getting hit often that Flamboyant/Pavise could help mitigate the damage and help hit. She also has both counters available, so maybe that could be good in PvP.

Sakura x Elise and Saylla x Ophelia so they can have TF and Tsukuyomi x Benoit so Benoit can pass Flamboyant to Ignis. Any suggestions on some better skill options?

Edited by zoned out

Sakura x Elise and Saylla x Ophelia so they can have TF and Tsukuyomi x Benoit so Benoit can pass Flamboyant to Ignis. Any suggestions on some better skill options?

Hmm, the classes she has available in that set up are spellcaster, oni, priestess, dark mage and bowman. That's a good selection. Oni doesn't give us much unforunately, ogre strike would normally be good but the shining bow can't crit, and really you don't want archers getting hit in melee in the first place so counter is less useful than on other units as well, although probably still worth picking up at least. Spellcaster gives breaking sky and flamboyant, those are good. Priestess gives magic counter and renewal, also good. Bowfaire, raven strike, prescient victory and sun god from the bowman line are all decent. Dark mage has good skills in vengeance and lifetaker, but ideally bowmen shouldn't be taking that much damage so it depends really.

There's nothing really useful in the pegasus line for Sakura to pass down, so maybe grab battle command from Elise's strategist. Benoit can give pavise or Luna, they're both good.

Okay, if you think you can avoid getting hit in the first place via careful positioning and using your melee fighters as shields:

Bowfaire

Breaking sky

Flamboyant

Battle command

Raven strike/prescient victory.

If you're not confident you can pull that off (to be fair, I wouldn't be):

Bowfaire

Breaking sky

Flamboyant

Pavise/magic counter/counter

Lifetaker.

That'd be my recommendations anyway.

Edited by capmalachi

I'm not sure on snake venom, although I would assume it to be the same as deadly breath [20%, but not kill] only not as ranged.

Maybe to balance it snake venom can kill?

With regards to optimizing Ophelia as a crit-stacking magic-user for PvP, I've been going over the mods from her prospective parents, and these were the two I found to be most favorable:

Any Route:

Sr/Mg/Sk/Sp/Lu/Df/Rs

Odin +0/+1/ -1/ -1/+1/+0/ -1

Felicia -2/+2/+0/+1/+0/ -1/+1

+1/+1/+1/+1/+1/+1/+1

Felicia!Ophelia -1/+4/+0/+1/+2/+0/+1

Rather balanced. Provides a nice bit of magic, fixes Odin's lackluster skill mod and nets some speed in the bargain.

3rd Path

Sr/Mg/Sk/Sp/Lu/Df/Rs

Odin +0/+1/ -1/ -1/+1/+0/ -1

Orochi +0/+3/+2/ -2/ -1/ -2/+1

+1/+1/+1/+1/+1/+1/+1

Orochi!Ophelia +1/+5/+2/-2/+1/ -1/+1

Here, she gets an excellent magic stat and a positive skill modifier which is great when considering many tome/spell-using classes have somewhat low skill.

The poor speed is a bit troubling though.

Also, as far as her skill set is concerned, I'm thinking of something like:

Blossoming Mind, Awakening, Vantage, Flamboyant, Ogre Strike, and either Vengeance or Breaking Sky

Basically, if she initiates the battle, she has +30 crit (Blossoming Mind + Ogre Strike).

If she's at less than half HP, she'll almost always attack first with +40 crit. (Blossoming Mind, Awakening, Vantage)

And if she initiates the battle at less than half HP, her crit goes up to +60.

I'm estimating that between her weapon being forged for crit and the base skill/2 value being added to her critical hit rate, that the sum of these two values will effectively neutralize the enemy's luck which would otherwise detract from her critical hit rate.

Any suggestions with regards to parentage or skills would be appreciated!

Edited by Tactless Tactician

I'll remove Snake Venom and replace it with Luna then. I think Deadly Breath seems like it'd be useful, so I'm keeping it.

Thinking about things, Rod Knight would be a pretty amazing class to give to anyone whom you planned to be a Falcon Knight to make them even better at their specialized purpose.

This is because their combination of high speed, resistance, mirror strike make them already pretty resilient to magic, although Mirror Strike only works on the player phase. For further reducing the chance of receiving any damage on the player phase (against very strong magic) or to provide protection against it on the enemy phase when Mirror Strike doesn't work, Tomebreaker from Maid, the Rod Knight promotion, would give tons of evasion to compound WTA.

And if you instead wanted to run a support Falcon Knight, you could exploit Servant's Joy to take advantage of the fact that they can use B-rank staves and thus function as healers.

Thinking about things, Rod Knight would be a pretty amazing class to give to anyone whom you planned to be a Falcon Knight to make them even better at their specialized purpose.

This is because their combination of high speed, resistance, mirror strike make them already pretty resilient to magic, although Mirror Strike only works on the player phase. For further reducing the chance of receiving any damage on the player phase (against very strong magic) or to provide protection against it on the enemy phase when Mirror Strike doesn't work, Tomebreaker from Maid, the Rod Knight promotion, would give tons of evasion to compound WTA.

And if you instead wanted to run a support Falcon Knight, you could exploit Servant's Joy to take advantage of the fact that they can use B-rank staves and thus function as healers.

That's quite interesting. If it weren't for Mirror Strike, and Tomebreaker, lowering the potency and accuracy of magical attacks, I would've considered the Magic Counter skill. But this seems to be more effective

Incidentally, I've heard that Azura's child acquires the Rod Knight class in lieu of her signature Songstress/Singer class.

1. Is there any confirmation on this?

2. If this is accurate, and if I pair Azura with someone like Jakob, who normally passes Rod Knight to his offspring, would her child inherit Jakob's second class, namely Cavalier, instead?

Also, speaking of Magic Counter, would its effects stack with that of Nyx's personal skill Curse Reflection?

And does Azura's Healing Voice stack with Sun God?

Edited by Tactless Tactician

SerenesForest user Arya reported this to us based on the character they received in their own game.

Yes, it seems that Aqua's signature class gets replaced with Rod Knight for her child.

As for inheriting…. I'm actually not quite sure how that particular circumstance works… we have a pretty good grip on it, but there might be special cases or exceptions that we haven't noticed yet.

Generally, it appears to be:

1. They have a starting class of their own

2. They inherit the associated parent's base class, or the secondary if they don't already have it.

3. They inherit in the same manner from the father.

HOWEVER, I don't know how this rule interacts if the inherited class or replacement class from the mother is the same as primary of the father. None of the examples that Arya or others (like Xion333 on GameFAQs) provided me covered this exact situation, to my knowledge and recollection (unless I recall wrong).

So I don't really know how this will interact. Cavalier might be inherited, but I'm not sure.

I was trying to work out a good build for a Lazward!Shigure, but then you guys started talking about him getting rod knight and screwing up all my thoughts on the matter. :P Ah, I'll save what I had written up and come back to it later, maybe.

I really need a list of the kid character's A+ support options as well.

Edit- And the adult's A+ options, for that matter.

Edited by capmalachi

I forgot about taking into account Bowman skills that weren't bowfaire. Battle Command seems like a decent aura effect that could help the meat shields take more hits, and Prescient Victory would help on the damage output, thanks!

Yeah, I could use the A+ options too…

https://mega.co.nz/#!GY5V0YxC!MczehmMBXjD3zFgAlzH21fcsLISn7DfTFENjEMCdJK4

Here you go. I just ran through the support text dump and assumed if they could support that they could A+ support. Credit goes to squkyshoes for the layout and 1st gen pairings. Also 2nd gen pairings are a little sloppy since it was the first one I did before trying to adopt the other layout.

Edited by zoned out

It's completely ridiculous I know but I get really paranoid about... pretty much anything involving downloads. Don't worry about it though, the internet will get all that information up soon enough, and in the meantime I'll try to stick to making builds for the characters who's A+ supports I remember.

Anyway, decided I'm going to marry Yuugiri in a Hoshido run, and decided to have a look at the Kanna that'd result in. I decided to go for a +str and -luck Kamui to result in the best overall mods for Kanna without gimping Kamui himself, but I'm having trouble deciding on an alternate class for Kamui. Fighter would give access to berserker, which would work great with Kanna's +6 str, but cavalier would give some great skills as well.