Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Sakura wants to support him through pegasus or great knight. Xander's base speed as a trueblade is more than enough to last, and Seigfried kills off any durability issues he would have had. What Sakura wants to do for him as pair up support is change out of her base to something more reasonable. Going Sky Knight or Falcon makes any speed issue he might have non existant, and great knight ups his STR and DEF to be a safer frontline fighter. Both up his movement, something he wants now that he has no horse.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakura wants to support him through pegasus or great knight. Xander's base speed as a trueblade is more than enough to last, and Seigfried kills off any durability issues he would have had. What Sakura wants to do for him as pair up support is change out of her base to something more reasonable. Going Sky Knight or Falcon makes any speed issue he might have non existant, and great knight ups his STR and DEF to be a safer frontline fighter. Both up his movement, something he wants now that he has no horse.

I don't want them to use much in guard stance, if i will, Sakura would be leader anyway, that's why i'm asking about diffrence of damage between priestess and exorcist.

I would give her bowman if i would like to see her with bows or whatever class like that, not mounted one but she don't have acess to it >:C

Edited by Eriotto

I have one question, how much more damage have Exorcist!Sakura to WarPiriestess!Sakura?

Her husband will me Trueblade!Marx probably so i wonder, if this B with Bows will scew her up.

As exorcist Sakura gives Marx needed SPD which is nice, however when she's priestess Marx can support her offensive abilities nicely, right?

Can't decide between those two. :S

War Priestess 20/1 has 27.55/15.65/21.4/15.5/21.45/23.3/13.7/17.6

Exorcist 20/1 has 24.55/9.65/21.4/15.5/19.45/20.3/11.7/15.6

so War Priestess is faster and bulkier

Bronze Yumi brings War Priestess to 22.65 Atk while Rat God brings Exorcist to 24.4 thus Exorcist will do a little more dmg unless the Spd difference comes into play. if you bring the Weapon Rank to C, then you could instead get Shining Bow which brings War Priestess to 34.4 while Exorcist is still only 29.4

20/20 stats Exorcist only closes this gap by 1.9 so War Priestess Shining Bow does 3.1 more dmg than Tiger God Exorcist or 0.1 more than Rabbit God but both spells have downsides (and War Priestess is still faster). War Priestess is still bulkier and faster. remember that Shining Bow is 1~2 as well though can't crit/skill proc

if you're not gonna use Arms Scrolls, it could be a bit harder for her to gain Bow Rank vs Spell Rank since locked 2 range

War Priestess 20/1 has 27.55/15.65/21.4/15.5/21.45/23.3/13.7/17.6

Exorcist 20/1 has 24.55/9.65/21.4/15.5/19.45/20.3/11.7/15.6

so War Priestess is faster and bulkier

Bronze Yumi brings War Priestess to 22.65 Atk while Rat God brings Exorcist to 24.4 thus Exorcist will do a little more dmg unless the Spd difference comes into play. if you bring the Weapon Rank to C, then you could instead get Shining Bow which brings War Priestess to 34.4 while Exorcist is still only 29.4

20/20 stats Exorcist only closes this gap by 1.9 so War Priestess Shining Bow does 3.1 more dmg than Tiger God Exorcist or 0.1 more than Rabbit God but both spells have downsides (and War Priestess is still faster). War Priestess is still bulkier and faster. remember that Shining Bow is 1~2 as well though can't crit/skill proc

if you're not gonna use Arms Scrolls, it could be a bit harder for her to gain Bow Rank vs Spell Rank since locked 2 range

I see, Sakura would use other bows well if they would be 1-2 also.

Gimme this proximity shot >.<

Well thanks for the answer, i'll use arms probably anyway so this might be a way.

So bad she won't use Killer bow that good like shining bow~

I don't want them to use much in guard stance, if i will, Sakura would be leader anyway, that's why i'm asking about diffrence of damage between priestess and exorcist.

Im just wondering why would you ever put Xander on the back seat for anyone.

Im just wondering why would you ever put Xander on the back seat for anyone.

Why not? Story-wise and not Lunatic i don't need to use the only strongest units i have, or rather offensivly.

I'll use both, but i won't use Sakura as pair-up bot as well, that's why i don't wanna to change her to both pegazi and GK.

I was thinking kagero too but that would mean that grey would get -2 speed

if you want him to being physical story-wise, you won't max his speed anyway so it doesn't matter there. :P

I was thinking kagero too but that would mean that grey would get -2 speed

I gave Hinoka for Saizo in third path because Hinoka can A+ Camilla and pass down Deadly Breath for Gurei to combo with Snake Venom.. and for the red-haired not!Gaius.

Edited by KamuiSama

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! First off, I'm working on my five-person team for internet battles right now, and I would like some advice. This is what I have so far:

Effie!VelourXCorrin- +HP/-Lck with Spellcaster

On the team- Kana, Dark Blood, with Galeforce, Warp, Copycat, Aggressor, and Breaking Sky. A+ with Midori, marry Shinonome

CamillaXRyoma

On the team- Shinonome, Holy Lancer, with Deadly Breath, Breaking Sky, Copycat, Galeforce, and lancefaire/aether/ignis????

KazeXFelicia

On the team- Midori, Strategist, with Battle Command, Servant's Joy, Copycat, Galeforce and Warp

I don't know about the other two- I was thinking maybe (White Blood) Corrin and A+ with one of his brothers for their unique weapons. (My Corrin doesn't have the best stats, but a 16 mt sword should make up for it?)

And second, I'd like someone to look over my planned pairings for my first three runs, to see if I've made any huge mistakes

Nohr:

Xander/Corrin (+luck/-Def, with Dark Mage)

Leo/Nyx

Odin/Selena

Kaze/Felicia

Niles/Beruka

Benny/Elise

Jakob/Azura

Silas/Charlotte

Arthur/Pieri

Laslow/Camilla

Keaton/Effie

aaand bench Mozume.

Hoshido:

Kaden/Corrin (+str/-def with Wyvern Rider)

Ryoma/Kagero

Takumi/Hana

Sakura/Subaki

Hinoka/Silas

Kaze/Orochi

Felicia/Hayato

Oboro/Saizo

Mozu/Azama

And either Hinata/Setsuna and Jakob/Azura or Hinata/Azura and Jakob/Setsuna.

And bench Rinkah

Revelations:

Azura/Corrin (+str/-res with Lancer)

Ryoma/Camilla

Xander/Hinoka

Takumi/Oboro

Leo/Sakura

Elise/Kaze

Silas/Orochi

Laslow/Hana

Keaton/Mozu

Odin/Kagero

Niles/Setsuna

Benny/Rinkah

Subaki/Nyx

Jakob/Felicia

Selena/Hinata

Charlotte/Saizo

Beruka/Azama

Pieri/Kaden

Effie/Hayato

...and since I want to marry Azura, I'll unfortunately have to bench a father. I chose to bench Arthur, since I'm not really attached to him or his son.

I know some of the 3rd route pairings aren't the best, but I don't want to do repeat pairings, since I'll be filling in the support log...eventually.

Man, I am not used to these names. And dropping the u's on the ou names... I feel dirty.

Hi guys! First off, I'm working on my five-person team for internet battles right now, and I would like some advice. This is what I have so far:

Effie!VelourXCorrin- +HP/-Lck with Spellcaster

On the team- Kana, Dark Blood (Dark Blood is a bad class to utilize Kana if you're going for optimal. She will have one of the highest possible STR mods in the game, take advatage of it), with Galeforce (I wouldn't recommend it since you'll want to pair up for online), Warp, Copycat, Aggressor, and Breaking Sky. A+ with Midori, marry Shinonome (No, marry Hisame for Line of Death)

CamillaXRyoma

On the team- Shinonome, Holy Lancer, with Deadly Breath, Breaking Sky, Copycat, Galeforce, and lancefaire (You don't want another proc other than Breaking Sky for it's reliablility if you're going physical. stay with lance faire, and try to have Ryoma pass down snake venom from A+ Saizo)

KazeXFelicia

On the team- Midori, Strategist , with Battle Command, Servant's Joy (Nope), Copycat, Galeforce (Nope) and Warp

I don't know about the other two- I was thinking maybe (White Blood) Corrin and A+ with one of his brothers (Corrin can't A+ anyone, but on A rank, he can reclass into their classes.) for their unique weapons. (Sorry, I dont understand what you meant by that) (My Corrin doesn't have the best stats, but a 16 mt sword should make up for it?) (You'll want a forged brave sword over Yato, but always keep it on you)

And second, I'd like someone to look over my planned pairings for my first three runs, to see if I've made any huge mistakes

Nohr:

Xander/Corrin (+luck/-Def, with Dark Mage) (Bad class to utilize in pair up and you'll have wonky growths as a mage with that asset/flaw. Xander doesnt want a magic wife)

Leo/Nyx

Odin/Selena (Bad magic and STR for Ophelia, try else where)

Kaze/Felicia

Niles/Beruka (Pretty bad, try elsewhere)

Benny/Elise (Only if you plan on using Elise forever and dont want her to get hurt. Otherwise, don't bother)

Jakob/Azura

Silas/Charlotte

Arthur/Pieri (Shares classes, basically makes Lutz a lucky Arthur with Wyvern)

Laslow/Camilla

Keaton/Effie

aaand bench Mozume.

Hoshido:

Kaden/Corrin (+str/-def with Wyvern Rider) (Kinu is not gonna like that drop in DEF, but great for an offensive build)

Ryoma/Kagero

Takumi/Hana

Sakura/Subaki (Same classes, Sakura is wanted elsewhere)

Hinoka/Silas

Kaze/Orochi (Only good if you plan on minimaxing)

Felicia/Hayato

Oboro/Saizo

Mozu/Azama

And either Hinata/Setsuna and Jakob/Azura or Hinata/Azura and Jakob/Setsuna. (First one)

And bench Rinkah (she makes too good of a pair up wife to leave single)

Revelations:

Azura/Corrin (+str/-res with Lancer)

Ryoma/Camilla

Xander/Hinoka

Takumi/Oboro (Takumi gets nothing, but if you're willing to live with it, sure)

Leo/Sakura

Elise/Kaze

Silas/Orochi (Terrible, try elsewhere or not at all since Orochi's got very picky husband preferences)

Laslow/Hana

Keaton/Mozu

Odin/Kagero (Terrible, try elsewhere)

Niles/Setsuna

Benny/Rinkah

Subaki/Nyx (Only for minimaxing, but great since Bowbreaker through dark mage)

Jakob/Felicia (Pretty ehh)

Selena/Hinata

Charlotte/Saizo

Beruka/Azama

Pieri/Kaden

Effie/Hayato (Pretty bad, try elsewhere)

...and since I want to marry Azura, I'll unfortunately have to bench a father. I chose to bench Arthur, since I'm not really attached to him or his son.

I know some of the 3rd route pairings aren't the best, but I don't want to do repeat pairings, since I'll be filling in the support log...eventually.

Man, I am not used to these names. And dropping the u's on the ou names... I feel dirty.

This is just from an optimal standpoint. Replies are in Bold.

Is there anyway to feasibly level up Charlotte (Hard Mode), or will she really just take up a unit slot as pair-up fodder for Xander?

Also, who wants to be a Dark Flier the most in Nohr?

Nobody is forcing you to use Charlotte as Xander's pair-up partner.

Yet she has far and away the best bonuses, and Xander wants to always be paired up due to being a physical tank.

I just feel a spot conflicted about rolling her as exclusively pair-up fodder.

Yet she has far and away the best bonuses, and Xander wants to always be paired up due to being a physical tank.

I just feel a spot conflicted about rolling her as exclusively pair-up fodder.

A lot of units 'want' something in some hypothetical super-efficiency run. Felicia wants to not exist so that Jakob can reclass into a mounted cav and own the earlygame, and you have to play and prepare in certain ways. The question is, is this really the rigid run you really intend to play? If not, there's no need for restraint, and judging by your volition to train up a paper defence girl with overkill offence and unreliable hit rates, that's not quite the playstyle you're aiming at.

In fact, units 'want' things they can't have or several mutually exclusive things at once. Xander would like more movement just as much as he wants more speed for example, yet Charlotte can't grant him that.

Charlotte works best with certain setups:

Benny!Charlotte - He patches her weak defenses and gives her a bit more skill. It'll definitely help her go out in the front lines of physial enemies more often. Benny's personal also helps her hit rate.

Arthur!Charlotte - Gives skill in his pair ups and can patch her defense, as well as give her movement as a Great Knight.

Laslow!Charlotte - He provides skill and more speed for early game pair up as a merc and since he isn't very outstanding, he can take a back seat to her when needed.

Keaton!Charlotte - Keaton is basically Rinkah's pair up without speed. He can build up bulk and STR for a solid berserker.

Otherwise shes more efficient as pair up fodder.

A lot of units 'want' something in some hypothetical super-efficiency run. Felicia wants to not exist so that Jakob can reclass into a mounted cav and own the earlygame, and you have to play and prepare in certain ways. The question is, is this really the rigid run you really intend to play? If not, there's no need for restraint, and judging by your volition to train up a paper defence girl with overkill offence and unreliable hit rates, that's not quite the playstyle you're aiming at.

In fact, units 'want' things they can't have or several mutually exclusive things at once. Xander would like more movement just as much as he wants more speed for example, yet Charlotte can't grant him that.

Though I'm not trying to be super rigid LTC about things, I'm still trying to do some optimization here. I'm really just asking around and seeing what my options are, considering I want reliable powerhouses by Hard!Nohr late-game.

Edited by The DanMan

I made a thread asking about input on Optimized Hoshido Pairings a few days ago and figured I should go here for my Nohr and Revelation questions. Again, this is mostly for personal use, mainly when future DLC comes out. These pairings are meant to benefit both the parents and children, primarily from a class perspective. Input would be lovely, as I am a lot less sure of these Pairings.

Azura x Jakob: I had no idea who to Pair Jakob with, so this felt like the safest way to go

Kaze x Felicia: Gives all 3 every non Dread Fighter Hidden Weapon using class. Felicia also has a non negative Luck cap, so Midoriko can still sort of function as a gold farmer.

Silas x Selena: Gives Selena Cavalier and Silas and Sophie Sky Knight. Same reason I paired him with Azura on Birthright.

Arthur x Efffie: Effie get's Hero, Lutz and Arthur get General to use their Axe Ranks.

Niles x Mozu: Niles get's Archer, Mozu Outlaw and Nina Great Merchant. Nina also benefits from Aptitude, which can maybe help her still negative Strength cap... at least in game... this one was a stretch.

Benny x Beruka: Super tank Ignis with no Speed (but Defensive Formation so who cares). The boys also appreciate Wyvern I guess.

Kaden x Camilla: Keaton and Velour get Wyvern and Camilla Fighter. Velour also get's a pretty nice Strength Mod

Odin x Elise: I think it's unanimously agreed that this is the best pairing for Odin, at least when making a good Ophelia.

Laslow x Peri: Mercenary for Peri, Cavalier for Laslow and Soleil. Pretty decent mods too.

Leo x Nyx: Magically stronk Forrest (I think this is the only name change I really don't like) and Nyx get's Strategist.

Xander x Charlotte: Xander and Sieg get Hero and Charlotte Great Knight. Also something something LTC Xander master race...

You'll notice I left the Avatar off the list and that's because I have no idea what to do with them. Help would absolutely be appreciated.

post-20505-0-12484600-1455314436_thumb.png

Edited by Avalanche

Is there a way to search through this topic for a pairing? I really don't want to go through 100 pages to find something, but I feel like the answer is here...

(EDIT: I just realized the search function on top can be used for the topic... I thought it was for the entire forum, whoops.)

On that note, how is Azura!Shinonome? I heard that Ryoma/Azura is mediocre in terms of practicality, but good for Shinonome. But I can't really figure out how it's so good for Shinonome. It doesn't really seem like Pegasus Warrior does much for his offensive capabilities, tbh...

Edited by Minischew

Is there a way to search through this topic for a pairing? I really don't want to go through 100 pages to find something, but I feel like the answer is here...

On that note, how is Azura!Shinonome? I heard that Ryoma/Azura is mediocre in terms of practicality, but good for Shinonome. But I can't really figure out how it's so good for Shinonome. It doesn't really seem like Pegasus Warrior does much for his offensive capabilities, tbh...

Probably the +5 speed mod and Aqua's high growths making it easy for Shino to level

Shino already has a lot of powerful skills at his disposal without a mom---there are a few that has skills he might be interested in as a nice extra, but he's very self-sufficient as is.

It does make Shino pretty glass, though, so not really even his best.