Step by Step - A collection of Fire Emblem Fates stories

Ebony

This is my main writing topic or so I plan it to be. This'll include very short drabbles and oneshots about the characters, mostly using my Kamui (http://i.imgur.com/AIfL0Bw.png) who'll be named Charlotte. Yes, that's my real name, but I'm not very creative. It'll contain several pairings. They may be related to one another, may contain links to songs, or be unrelated. Enjoy. (I'll try and stick away from spoilers, but if I run into spoilers, I"ll of course put it in a spoiler tab.)

Nicknames... and why Takumi hates them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hucC98P1I

Takumi was never one for nicknames. He didn't really feel like anyone needed them. Well, besides "brother, big sister, and little sister," but those were fairly obvious and he didn't count them. He never worried about them anyway, giving them to people ore receiving them. It was something he never put much thought into.

At least until she showed up.

From the Nohr kingdom she appeared almost out of nowhere. When Ryouma introduced her to everyone as his younger sister, Takumi wanted to throw up. He didn't believe it, he didn't trust her. What if she was a spy? Everyone accepted her and believed her so easily, not batting an eyelash at any of this. Not only that but she came with some other people too, servants, a cavalier... It was almost sick, how easy they put their trust into her. He wasn't so naive though. He kept his distance.

But she didn't keep her's.

"Hey, Takumi. Takumi. Takumi." She chanted, following him. He sighed then, turning around.

"Yes, Charlotte?" Her eyes lit up almost instantly.

"Can we train again? Please? You're my favorite to fight against. And I won't even use the Dragonstone this time." She winked at him, but he shook his head in response. "Aww, alright. I guess I'll ask Lobster to fight."

Takumi would have let that slip except he thought for a second. Lobster? Apparently she could tell about the confusion on his face.

"Ryouma. He's a big lobster in that armor. I call him Lobster. Maybe if I can't beat him, I'll fight Red, His Majesty, or Cherry." Takumi's jaw dropped in silent reply as she walked away. He was even more confused now. Okay, he knew Ryouma was Lobster. But... how disrespectful. Who taught her that? He guessed Orochi, and so approached her.

"Alright, I know you enjoy amusing yourself, but really? Lobster? That's what you reduce him to? I'll have you-you're not listening are you?" Orochi simply smiled after putting the last clip into her hair.

"Takumi, so fast to blame me. But no, as funny as it is, I did not give her the idea. She simply does it. My names would be funnier. Like-"

He tuned her out after she started talking. He was deep in thought though, at least until she said something that got his mind back out of the gutter.

"-I mean, they're never mean spirited. They're always to people that you like. So if you get a nickname, that means she likes you." He looked up at her and nodded.

"Ah, alright... thank you, Orochi..." The boy rubbed the back of his head and walked away. So maybe he was blowing this out of proportion. Maybe it wasn't as bad as he was making it out to be.

Or maybe he's completely right. He'll have to study her and take note of every name she gives, to who. What if she was sending out some secret message? Giving Nohr spies in the shadows signals? He wanted to trust her more then that, he really did, but he couldn't take that chance.

~

Cherry - Sakura

Lobster - Ryoma

His Majesty - Subaki

Red - Hinoka

Ponyboy - Silas

Bubbles - Azura

Chuckles - Kaze

Those are the names he's heard so far. Though he's noticed that everyone it seems has a nickname... everyone except him. Did she just really hate him? Run out of ideas? He had to confront her about this and fast, before anything could happen. He'll just have to lead her to where they're alone. Most likely using force.

~

"... Why did you shoot arrows at me?" Was her first question directed to him. Her eyes narrowed as she crossed her arms. "Are you really trying to kill me?"

"Yes... no... no!"

"Listen, Takumi..." Charlotte put her hand on his face, gently rubbing his cheek. "If you need to talk, we can just talk you know. What's the matter?" He went silent before pulling away from her.

"Stop trying to bewitch me with your... touch-sorcery! What are you trying to signal by calling everyone... fake names... and then not calling me one? What say you?" He demanded, pushing her against the wall, gripping her shoulders. She went silent before she started shaking. "... What?"

And then she started laughing.

"S... stop laughing at me! This is serious!" His face turned almost 100 different shades of scarlet.

"You're jealous I don't give you a nickname? Really? That's... adorable." His eyes focus on her's as she sighs. "Listen, I didn't give you a name because... well, I already like your name. A lot. I can't think of a way to make it better. It's already perfect." Then she ducks away from him, waving. "Maybe now you'll cool your head? Anyway, see you at training."

Takumi stands there in embarrassment, shame... relief, and joy. "Already perfect."

Nicknames... why Takumi is glad he doesn't have one.